Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SS Signup - Dual Alliances: Double Jeopardy (0 spots Remaining) -Confirmation Process has Begun

Default SS Signup - Dual Alliances: Double Jeopardy (0 spots Remaining) -Confirmation Process has Begun

0 Spots Remaining

Heya all, I noticed some of you felt hesitant to join the campaign because it was .org!?,
    Don't worry I plan to coordinate between two websites, for those who prefer .net, use .net and ill ensure the people at .org get the .sav, and visa versa.

Catholic:
    1. Holy Roman Empire & Portugal - Tavix (Confirmed)
    2. France & Norway - Tristan de Castelreng (not-Confirmed)
    3. England & Aragon - TriforceV (Confirmed)
    4. Hungary & Scotland - Visorslash (Confirmed)
    5. Poland & Genoa - Askthepizzaguy(Confirmed)
    6. Crusaders & Venice - Swarbs (Confirmed)
    7. Leon & Sicily - Core-i7-inside (Confirmed)
    8. Denmark & *Kiev* - pesto alla genovese (Confirmed)
    Islam:
    9. Fatamids & Kwarezemian - phonicsmonkey (Confirmed)
    10. Seljurks & Moors - Sogesu (Confirmed)
    Orthodox:
    11. Byzantine Empire & Novgorod - Thanatos Eclipse (Confirmed)
    Pagan:
    12. Cuman Empire & Lithuania (*Mongol invasion*) - Playeraka (Confirmed)

RULES:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Rules:
    (again these rules are open for debate, however here is what I propose)

Game Type:
    Auto-resolve
    Reasons: The reason for auto-resolve is for a balanced form of game-play, Battlemode is an enjoyable part of the campaign - and is at the heart of what is Total war. However, during multiplayer many problems arise that often benefit the attacker, reducing the defender to always fort up his armies and avoid outright sieges in situations in which he may lose (even thought his army might be bigger) - For these reasons and many more, its easier to go with Autoresolve.
    Spies:
    Limited Use - Open Forts, not Settlements
    Reasons: Spies are an important part of any campaign, but one of their more infamous abilities, to open gates is naturally unfair, countless campaigns have been won on a legion of spies rather than armies, and it has made for some very disappointing results. For this reason spies will be unable to open gates of cities or castles, but will still have a free hand at opening fortifications.
    Siege Ware-fare:
    Limited Use - Siege Equipment will be muzzled
    Balista = Nothing
    Catapult = Wooden Walls ( forts, small towns, large towns, Wooden castle, motte+bailey)
    Trebuchet = Stone Walls ( Everything Except, Large Cities and Fortresses)
    Cannons = Anything
    Reasons: By limiting the ability of siege equipment, it will give city walls the respect they truly deserve. No longer will anyone be able to Sack Constantinople with simply 1 balista unit. It will require a more strategic approach.
    Crusade & Jihad
    Limited Use - Only one Crusading army per nation, with Specific Rules attached. (read rules)
    Crusade Rules:
    Only 1 Crusading/Jihad Army per Kingdom (since it's Dual alliance you will be allowed to have 2 one each per Kingdom you control) -
    In joining the Crusade/Jihad you need Declare that you did so on the fourms and who is the leader of your Crusading/Jihading Army (Example: Duke SoandSo Joins the Crusade for Venice!).
    In joining the Crusade/Jihad you must always keep your "Crusade/Jihad Flag Up" -
    In addition your Crusading/Jihading army can only be used on the kingdom that the Crusade/Jihad was declared on - Using the Crusading army in any other way (even attacking an alternative enemy that is blocking your path) is considered Cheating.
    Furthermore, The Crusading/Jihading army while it can attack forts and armies of the enemy target kingdom, it Cannot Sack any cities except for the actual TARGET city of the Crusade/Jihad.
    Finally, there are only 3 ways to Abandon a Crusade/Jihad:
    First, attack/defeat the Target City and succeed in the Jihad or Crusade
    Second, have your crusading army wiped out completely
    Third, Abandon the Crusade/Jihad have all your troops desert (including the original troops your started with), until all that's left is your general - then Declare your abandonment of the Crusade/Jihad.
    Abandoning a Crusade/Jihad and then attack/capture a settlement or alternative kingdom and rejoining it before the turn is up is also considered cheating.
    Reasons:
    Alright this might seem a bit complex, but all these rules have good reason attached to them. I thought about scraping Jihad/Crusade all together - but considering the circumstances of the game with slightly weaker Christian nations I felt that it was needed. -
    These rules were created in order to stabilize a very unstable system that have since plagued many multiplayer campaigns. It might seem overwhelming at first, but really these are simple rules that highlight only the boundries and reinforce the main purpose of its original ideal.
    Simply put if you have one jihad/crusade army and use it to go after the enemy targeted city, you won't have anything to worry about.
    Pillaging Cities
    No Destroying any property while under siege.
    Reasons:
    Nobody likes to lose a city/castle, so when prospects of protecting your land don't look too good you may feel tempted to make your rival's victory bittersweet by blowing up all your property before he takes it - But don't do it, the result is that the later part of the game resembles Scotched earth in which peasants become the most advanced infantry, and former Goliath cities like Constantinople are rendered useless.
    It takes 20-30 turns and countless amount of gold just to restore damage done by one bitter player. Any purposeful pillaging will be considered cheating.
    Basic Rules
    48 Hours to play your turn, If your unable to make the engagement you will be subbed.
    After 2 turns of inactivity you will be replaced, exceptions will be made however if notification and reasons are given for the absence. You may choose someone to sub for you if you can't make it for a few turns, or if unable someone will be chosen for you.
    While a replacement is being found for inactive players, a Regency will be named to take over the campaign (another player in the campaign) and will take over the responsibilities of that absent players kingdoms for 2 turns only.
    If no replacement is found afterward, than that individuals kingdoms will be sent to the AI.

Please Role-Play and have FUN!.

Also Don't Cheat.. Most of you are honest people who want to have a good time, but cheaters will always be found out. all turns are saved and recorded on everyone's system.
    Usually the transgressions are fairly obvious, However, If you suspect someone of cheating, then please tell me and I will investigate.
    Punishment for cheating will depend on the severity of the offense, minor offenses might only be given a warning and a deduction or minor penalty, depending on the situation. However, repeat offenders or serious violations of cheating will result in the explosion of that individual player from the campaign.
    You have been warned!!
    Just don't do it and have fun and lose with grace

I think I'm done now ...

Hello all!
    Been a long time, and all work and no play make Me a dull boy

Anyways I'm hosting a new campaign at the totalwar.org site, if your interested in joining the campaign here is the sign-up page.

SS Sign-up - Dual Alliance: Double Jeopardy

I hope to see you there, for those who don't know about Dual Alliance - it's where instead of playing 1 kingdom you play 2 kingdoms of the same religion back to back.
    The Kingdoms teams are totally balanced and separate from each other on the map enhancing the enjoyment, fairness, and fun of the campaign.

Also remember to read the rules!

Totalwar.org - Sign up page

P.S. If you would like to sign up on this forum, it's also acceptable as I can coordinate between the TWCenter and the TW.org
    Last edited by TriforceV; November 22, 2010 at 10:09 AM.
    The only think you have to fear is... Me.

TRIFORCE.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: SS Signup - Dual Alliances: Double Jeopardy

Interesting!

So each person controls 2 factions? Thats the gist of this?

TBH im in way too many hotseats as it is, and im trying to find time to be able to do a KGCM H,H+B one once the new patch for it is out, so im gonna give this a miss this time!

Good Luck with it though, and if your still a dull boy (lol), why not join some of the HS here at TWC?

Timur_the_Lame's Avatar Praepositus

im very interested i just dont want to coordinate to a different website...so i wont join because im only really willing to join twcenter hs... but i almost joined anyway haha

decimator22's Avatar Vicarius

Hey nice to see you again Triforce, long time since you beat me in a hotseat! I hope you get this hotseat up and running, good luck.

Default Re: SS Signup - Dual Alliances: Double Jeopardy (5 spots Remaining) - not on .org? no problem!

Heya! Decimater22 good to see yeah again too

TRIFORCE.

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: SS Signup - Dual Alliances: Double Jeopardy (5 spots Remaining) - not on .org? no problem!

Ok , im in . HRE and Portugal pls .
    SS 6.3 , right ?

And.. Kiev is ortodox not catholic .

Quote Originally Posted by tavix View Post
    Ok , im in . HRE and Portugal pls .
    SS 6.3 , right ?

And.. Kiev is ortodox not catholic .
    Yeah it's 6.3 the version, I would suggest you read up on the rules at .org website given on the first thread.

Kiev is orthdox nation, and thats why I put a (*) around it because its the only exception, since this is 6.3 Ireland was replaced and the teams arn't balanced as they used to be..
    So the team that chooses Kiev will have a slight disadvantage in calling Jihad/Crusades, but on the bright side this team are relatively close together.
    Last edited by TriforceV; November 16, 2010 at 03:36 PM.

TRIFORCE.

Default Re: SS Signup - Dual Alliances: Double Jeopardy (4 spots Remaining) - not on .org? no problem!

if i can post everything on here, i will take leon/sicily

tavix's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceV View Post
    Yeah it's 6.3 the version, I would suggest you read up on the rules at .org website given on the first thread.

Kiev is orthdox nation, and thats why I put a (*) around it because its the only exception, since this is 6.3 Ireland was replaced and the teams arn't balanced as they used to be..
    So the team that chooses Kiev will have a slight disadvantage in calling Jihad/Crusades, but on the bright side this team are relatively close together.
    Ok , i checked the rules. Sorry i didnt saw the * * near Kiev

Default Re: SS Signup - Dual Alliances: Double Jeopardy (4 spots Remaining) - not on .org? no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Timur_the_Lame View Post
    if i can post everything on here, i will take leon/sicily
    Alright you've been added

TRIFORCE.

Default Re: SS Signup - Dual Alliances: Double Jeopardy (3 spots Remaining) -Confirmation Process has Begun

Confirmation Process has begun, you have 48 hours

Please reply via a msg or on this thread to confirm you continued interest in this campaign, after the 48 hours we will begin

P.S.
    PLEASE READ THE RULES
    voice any complaints, or changes to the rules you would like to make here.

TRIFORCE.

pesto alla genovese's Avatar Senator

Default Re: SS Signup - Dual Alliances: Double Jeopardy (3 spots Remaining) -Confirmation Process has Begun

Aye aye, sir! Reporting for duty!
    Although, i'd like to be re-assigned to Denmark&Kiev plz.
    Also, does it matter what period i chose during installation? And what sub-mods should have been activated in sub-manager?

Quote Originally Posted by pesto alla genovese View Post
    Aye aye, sir! Reporting for duty!
    Although, i'd like to be re-assigned to Denmark&Kiev plz.
    Also, does it matter what period i chose during installation? And what sub-mods should have been activated in sub-manager?
    Good question,
    No it doesn't matter which period you choose (or so I think) - If not you can just click on the setup.exe and change to early.
    Second, no sub-mods

TRIFORCE.

Sogesu's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi TriforceV, Can I play Moor&Turks please. I am so exciting with this. Thanks.

im sadly dropping out of this HS. i am already in 10+

Praeses

Confirmed.

Sogesu's Avatar Campidoctor

Confirmed.

Default Re: SS Signup - Dual Alliances: Double Jeopardy (1 spots Remaining) -Confirmation Process has Begun

one last spot remaining

TRIFORCE.

Core-i7-inside's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: SS Signup - Dual Alliances: Double Jeopardy (1 spots Remaining) -Confirmation Process has Begun

hey Triforce, could i play Leon & Sicily ?

Core-i7-inside's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: SS Signup - Dual Alliances: Double Jeopardy (0 spots Remaining) -Confirmation Process has Begun

it is very interested. i really attending and i've already read the rule.

Just Confirm !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast