Thread: Lesson One

Default Lesson One

Lesson One: Overview/Good Reference Pictures/Getting Familiar

Course Assignment:

Add two "good reference pictures" in MS3D. Take a screen shot and post it here.

~
    Do not PM me with questions pertaining to Lesson One. Post it here in this thread, as others will probably have the same questions. Also, you should be helping each other out with answers.
    ~
    Last edited by alreadyded; November 08, 2010 at 07:32 PM.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Lesson One

I hope i have time to join as well and work thorugh it these days, looking forward t try it

Huene's Avatar Aimless Wanderer

i hope this works for you. i have never had to model anything like this before. generally I dont get a whole picture of a unit, its 10 pictures with different pieces of equipment
    Last edited by Huene; November 10, 2010 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huene View Post
    i hope this works for you. i have never had to model anything like this before. generally I dont get a whole picture of a unit, its 10 pictures with different pieces of equipment
    You should have two pictures from different angles. So pick which armor you want to model from the front and replace the other with a picture of some similar (or the same if you can find it) armor from the side. This way you know how to model it from both angles and you can simply "trace" the images into a 3d model.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    You should have two pictures from different angles. So pick which armor you want to model from the front and replace the other with a picture of some similar (or the same if you can find it) armor from the side. This way you know how to model it from both angles and you can simply "trace" the images into a 3d model.
    I dont want to model either. unless I misunderstand the "homework" the point of this is simply to make sure we understand how to import a picture. obviously I have demonstrated this. if you want us to model this as well you should probably update the assignment. however just to make you happy...
    Last edited by Huene; November 12, 2010 at 04:28 PM.

I never said you had to model it, you simply need two reference pictures from two different angles in their proper place (front and side). That way when you do actually want to model something you know how to use reference pictures correctly and you can model it from the front and side.
    Last edited by alreadyded; November 12, 2010 at 05:24 PM.

Squeaks's Avatar More full of whinging

It's damned hard to find decent ref points you know...I don't have a scanner so can't draw them, but do have a tablet....hmm, confusing myself as usual.

when i googled my picture i added 3d to it. ex. 3d breastplate. I know the picture isnt exactly what he wants but im hoping that its close enough that he realizes that i have the basic idea, cause your right. its crazy hard (i didnt find any) to find a picture with a front/side shot.

Moneybags14's Avatar Ordinarius

Here ya go!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

Be carefull: Extra ugly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

here you go

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli