View Poll Results: How would you like update 4.5 to be released?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • All parts included in one single 4.5 release. Requires more time.

42 67.74%
  • An early 4.5 release without Startpos V2, then an additional release later with Startpos V2 included.

17 27.42%
  • I can do with both alternatives.

3 4.84%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4.5 Release - Opinions needed!

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default 4.5 Release - Opinions needed!

Hello, Aanker here!

It has come to my attention - as well as the rest of the team - that the delay of update 4.5 is growing longer and longer, at the cost of community interest and vigour in the mod. Therefore, I would like to ask you - our team members, fans, mod users and casual players alike - what you think.

The release of Startpos V2, which currently is the part of 4.5 delaying the release of the update, is really dependant on external factors, and BETA testing added on top of the development time, it looks as if an update 4.5 with the Startpos V2 included might be - to be fairly honest - at least another week or two off.

Thus, I would like to ask: would a 4.5 release without the new Startpos be of any interest? Startpos V2 would then follow as a separate update. Would you rather like to see a complete release, with Startpos V2 included, or does it not matter either way?

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Default Re: 4.5 Release - Opinions needed!

For me, I rather wait another 2 weeks for the full pack then

I've been learned that waiting isn't allways bad, in most cases it just means the end product is better

MoToM's Avatar Semisalis

I too voted to wait. I much prefer seeing mods develop as the team wants, however long, rather than rushed, halfbaked mini versions.

I'm still patiently waiting for Ran No Jidai. so a couple of weeks is nout.

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

voted 1. Mostly becuase I already have 4.5 except startpos V2.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Find Some bugs now... delete them all later

EDIT - That means No.2
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔crossjon♔ View Post
    voted 1. Mostly becuase I already have 4.5 except startpos V2.
    This
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

So basicaly its 7-7-0.

Discounting mine, Crossjons, and ATWP's vote.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    So basicaly its 7-7-0.

Discounting mine, Crossjons, and ATWP's vote.
    Booo

Seriously though, from an unbiased perspective, I do feel that option 1 would be better. It's best to release one "finished" product that, I feel, the mod community would appreciate more...Even if they don't know it yet
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

rather wait already waited this long,why would you want something(in other words) half way done,i rather get all the kinks out of it then play it when it has more options and details.seriously the ones who want it now must be impatient and must not know what it feels like to have the feeling of accomplishment knowing something was completed and benefitted from having a clear conscience knowing the work you accomplished was done right and no problems will arise.

p.s. besides heading to San Francisco tommorrow for vacation with my family,or how you euros say a "holiday"
    p.s.-p.s. i know somebody is going to counter reply me they always do (espcially the non-americans)...lol
    Last edited by kenniston5; November 08, 2010 at 04:50 PM.

I think a finished item is better. Probably because i enjoy the campaign more than custom battles or Multiplayer.
    Art //

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The finished product will give more bugs with less time to fix them. The early product will allow testing for bugs which aren't affected by the startpos changes considerably saving time in the long run.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

We now Beta test. So with the longer wait, won't mean that the mod isn't being tested.

Admitadly they might miss a few small ones. But nothing big or gamebreaking.

I would say we wait for a full release, but if there is another major bug/delay we go for an early release.
    To the non-dev people: 4.5 would not be an unfinished or "half-done" update, simply a considerably smaller one That said, I agree with the general tide of the poll.
    Last edited by King Sama; November 08, 2010 at 07:56 PM.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Come on guys, this is for our mod community to vote on not us (I voted 1 btw, so discount my vote )
    so thats minus 4 for option one (mitch CJ atwp and I) and sama didn't vote, I have a hunch aanker didn't either
    Last edited by 'Gunny; November 08, 2010 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pvtgunny View Post
    Come on guys, this is for our mod community to vote on not us (I voted 1 btw, so discount my vote )
    so thats minus 4 for option one (mitch CJ atwp and I also depending on what Aanker voted) and minus 1 for option two (sama)
    Uh, I didn't vote...
    And if I did i would go for option 1... maybe i need to revise my post
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Depends on how big is the work on the startpos. If it's a lot left, then I'd say release the battle part of the mod first, or at least a big kinky preview of any kind, and then release the startpos.

But if the startpos can be finished in, let's say, 2 weeks, I'd say wait for the startpos.....but still release that preview
    [Col] RO Citizen

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

I haven't voted either btw, I think we might get new bugs when we get the startpos with whats already done so we should release 4.5 as it is now, then release 4.75 with the startpos. (4.75 would totally replace 4.5)
    Patronized by Hader.

I voted 1. Mainly because a polished version is better than a unfinished patch without the new startpos. Question though: will the new map done by Aanker come on 4.5?

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Quote Originally Posted by *_doGerdnA_* View Post
    I voted 1. Mainly because a polished version is better than a unfinished patch without the new startpos. Question though: will the new map done by Aanker come on 4.5?
    Most certainly it will.

While I should really remake the buildings in the center of the map, they are actually placed quite adequatly and make out an excellent obstacle for various tactical purposes.

On a side note though: the map will replace Salamanca Province, owing to the fact that one cannot add new map entries, for some strange reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I would have prefered it if you removed say Waterloo.

Get rid of the less WW1ish ones first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast