Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood and Iron (Franco-Prussian War Mod)

Default Re: Blood and Iron (Franco-Prussian War Mod, Part of the Victorian Age mod collection)

Thats a realy good picture, but I wouldn't be the photographer to stand in Gunfire to get it.

LordBiggums's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Blood and Iron (Franco-Prussian War Mod, Part of the Victorian Age mod collection)

Quote Originally Posted by FilipVonZietek View Post
    2 chaps behind a barrel

A drawing

2 link to sites with dead bodies, buildings or talking people

Show me photo taken in the middle of Pickets charge or something, couse you know i posted battle of Sedan.
    I think the first combat photos were during the Crimean war, in the 1850's. Could be wrong.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

No just photos of dead people

This looks very brilliant!! When can we download the first version / beta?

Content Emeritus

Soon enough, Our main texturer is redoing the Prussians and doing cavalry, as well as the French uniforms, but he is Australian, and we all know whats going on in Australia

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I think photographers during the American Civil War were smart enough not to photograph in the middle of a battle so that they didn't get shot and killed.

I guess it's probably not worth arguing anyway.
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; February 06, 2011 at 02:42 PM.

Content Emeritus

It wasnt bullets you had to be afraid of, it was the Krupp shells

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Come to think of it, I don't think there many mid-combat photos in any war. I've seen photage but no photographs.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

This photo of Sedan..has it been confirmed for authenticity??as there have been several such shots from wars that have since been debunked as propaganda or mistaken content...very interesting if it is confirmed authentic combat

that "Photograph" of the battle of sedan just looks like a detailed painting to me though , im sure alot of people have seen alot of detailed paintings and drawings of battle's that couldve fooled us as a photo

Well my thing with the photo is more the issue that I fail to see the opposing French or any sign of them whatever in this supposed combat photo,therefore we have nothing but the word of the photographer that this was indeed shot in the midst of a fire fight,which as I have stated has been previously claimed and debunked.I have to ask why more photos of this battle were not shot by this supposedly stalwart cameraman....needless to say the Battle of Sedan would have offered him plenty of opportunity to do so...as well the reason we have not seen many more such shots crop up is camera technology did not really grant much the luxury of just setting up in the midst of a battle and secondly such photographers and journalists were rightly kept well away from the struggle unless they were looking to set up some staged propaganda shots...thus I suspect the authenticity of the content of this photo..for seriously if such was tenable out of the thousands of photos we have of the ACW can it really be said in confidence not a one of them would be of combat proper????
    Last edited by Chevalier IX; February 06, 2011 at 05:21 PM.

If you were interested in this certain war as much as we are you would have heard about that photo before. Ah i miss Discovry channel from old times, so many interestion documentaries, one of them about F-P war revealed they story behind the picture, author stood in frot of french positions from what i remeber and whats even better old cameras required some time to take a picture so imagine standing there for like 30 seconds hheh.

Indeed but we have also heard supposed stories about the famed mid battle picture of the Battle of Verdun that features the apparently shot storm trooper in mid charge.It too featured background story and explanation but has since in more recent times been debunked as propaganda..I am not saying it is false out of hand I am just a skeptic when it comes to these things.Consider my aforementioned factors.And yeah I too miss the days when Discovery and History channel covered more varied points of history.Many people are not even aware of this war which I find tragic.No matter.Either way I am really looking forward to the release of this mod

rungail's Avatar Foederatus

Is there will be a beta soon?

Content Emeritus

Soon enough

Ive still got some issues going on with the Austrians, and Quad is redoing the uniforms

Whats Wrong with the Austrians?

Content Emeritus

I ed something up

I suspect there is a unit ID that is the same for a unit in B&I and vanilla, but ive been unable to check as I have been a tad busy

Last edited by FilipVonZietek; February 07, 2011 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pvtgunny View Post
    I ed something up

I suspect there is a unit ID that is the same for a unit in B&I and vanilla, but ive been unable to check as I have been a tad busy
    Hmmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by FilipVonZietek View Post
    i like how the prussian army of the time still used napoleanic tactics but are using bolt-action weapons, god no wonder they massacred everyone