Thread: House of Flying Daggers

Default House of Flying Daggers

Well, who hasn't seen it?

Bloody hell, this movie is perfect. The best movie I've seen in years, I can't believe I had never had the courage to see it (it being Chinese and an action movie), I was really missing out.

This movie is just undescribably brilliant. The acting, the story, the ... structure of the movie, it's just ... just ...

So if you somehow haven't seen this... erm ... see it. And, uh, discuss.

Now excuse me while I change my underwear and go get my eyes fixed, which popped trying to take in the perfection of this movie. Cheers.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Incinerate_IV's Avatar Burn baby burn

Lol. I seen it like 2 months before it started to show in US I thought it's pretty cool, even though some of it is pretty fake. The ending was pretty sad, I was looking for more of a happy ending, oh well.
    THE PC Hardware Buyers Guide
    Desktop PC: Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.8 Ghz | Swiftech Apogee GT waterblock + MCP655 + 2 x 120mm rad | Biostar Tforce 965PT | G.Skill 4gb (2 x 2gb) DDR2-800 | Radeon HD 4870 512mb | 250GB + 160GB hard drive | Antec 900 | 22" Widescreen

Civitate

I saw it about a year ago, and don't remember the whole plot but I remember me and my friend liked everything about. Except maybe a sad ending The action was pretty cool, and if I remember right there were some good twists.
    Anyway, I JUST watched 'Crash' and I thought it was brilliant, so if you haven't seen it, wath it now! sorry for the off topic
    proud patron of : ____________

Great movie, just as good as Crouching tiger.

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

I love the movie, one of the best action films i have ever seen, it was chinese perfection....and the chick was hot as well
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

Quote Originally Posted by JHS
    Great movie, just as good as Crouching tiger.
    It was wayyyyy better then Crouching Tiger, I watched the two almost back to back. Crouching Tiger is not a bad movie but it doesn't really shine (except for some brilliant sequences, like the whole Lo-Jen romance). House of Flying Daggers just oozes perfection.

The effect they get from the colours, the sort of dreamy quality it gives to the entire movie - like those shots in fields or of flowers, or in gardens. The cinematography was incredible. All major events are echoed twice, slightly different, at the beginning and end; the echo game, how the ropes are cut, even the very last scene.

And it had the sort of perfectly executed tragic ending I haven't seen in any Western movie, ever.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

This was the best version of this genre of movies that has come to the US.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Damn, I remember I wanted to see this movie when I saw the previews for it but I never did. Now I always see this movie in my Comcast listings bur its always on Starz, a channel I dont have! Oh cruel fate...how you mock me! Same goes for Hero, that jet li movie which I heard was quite good. Always see it, can never watch it. I'm just gonna say F it and go and rent these movies if HBO or Showtime dont start showing them soon. Cripes, I have like 8 showtime channels and like 10 HBO channels and all they ever show is friggin Catwoman, Superman, Fat Albert, Spiderman...crappiest movies ever man. I should have known that once we subscribed for the cable box, we'd have to subscribe within our subscription to unlock the really good movie channels. Greedy Bastards! And despite having like 80 different movie channels I've never seen one Bruce Lee movie, never seen one quality martial arts flick...except the extremely mainstream Kill Bill. What am I the only martial arts flick fan on the planet?! Where are the good slightly old chinese and japanese martial arts flicks?!

Kurosawa movies...
    They're quite good. They're not martial arts flicks though, but they're japanese at least.

I dunno, try the ones you mentioned, Hero is nice, so is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. You could always rent some Bruce Lee movies too, the stores are full of them.

Proud member of the fat polar bears from Norway TWC community consisting of me, me and me.

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

I liked it, but I dunno, I kinda didnt like something about it(doesnt remember what)

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

The plot was getting far too prediactable at points, towards the end mainly, and the music wasnt as good as other similar films. I prefered Hero, mainly because no one wore clown clothes. Dont get me wrong though, all the scenes were well choreographed and such, overall a good film - but not preferable to Hero or Crouching Tiger in my opinion
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

I love this movie.
    It wasn't as good as Hero but still a excellent movie
    The battle in the bamboo forest was very cool but the final battle was just beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by RZZZA
    What am I the only martial arts flick fan on the planet?! Where are the good slightly old chinese and japanese martial arts flicks?!
    If you got cable you should have Spike TV which plays some good martial arts films. Check the listings, cant remember what days/times they play em, dont have cable anymore

As far as House of Flying Daggers, yeah a wonderful movie. I liked it better than Hero, though I still really like Hero to.