Thread: Please lend me a hand with my problem (detailed description inside) :-) Thanks!

Default Please lend me a hand with my problem (detailed description inside) :-) Thanks!

Dear fellow members,

i have recently purchased a copy of Rome- Total War here in germany. I installed the game on the following hardware

Laptop:
    2GHz Intel Centrino
    2x512MB DDR2-533 Ram in DC
    2x 80GIG SATA in Raid 0 (16K)
    256MB GeForce 6800Go
    17" 16:10 Widescreen (1440x900)
    Intel i915p chipset.
    Windows XP Home SP2 (all updates)
    DirectX 9.0C and the latest nVidia drivers

The game runs perfectly fine at all maxed at out with a resolution of 1440x900x32 and the game is a lot of fun. About 10hrs or so into the game i was about to move a few hundred soldiers from one city to the next which resulted in this.

I have restarted the game and it always happens after i have won the battle and the character moves forward. I have tried loosing the battle but i do get the same effect. No biggie i thought and reloaded a older game and continued playing. After about 3 more hrs i was attacking a small island and got the same problem again. I have tried winning and loosing again but always get the same error message.

I play Half Life2 and Doom3 on this laptop for hrs with absolutly no problems. Other games that i play on here are Diablo2 LOD and Age of Mythology. All these games run with no problems whatsoever and the system is defragmented. I would appreciate any help that is given to me.

Thanks a bunch

-Flo

Have you patched RTW to version 1.5? Have you patched RTW at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Honor&Glory
    Have you patched RTW to version 1.5? Have you patched RTW at all?
    Thanks for your reply, yes i have patched the game first to 1.3 and then to 1.5.

Greetings

Florian