Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 88.89%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

1 11.11%

Thread: PASSED[Artifex]gracul (patron:y2day)

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default PASSED[Artifex]gracul (patron:y2day)

gracul
    Hello CdeC members,
    I come to you today because of my desire of the Artifex badge.
    For this, i have approached someone whom i worked with, a well respected member of TWC - y2day.
    My application shall be short, but will prove my worth of the badge.

Who am I:
    I have joined the forums on December 2007, back when mtw2 was still the shiny new one.
    Quickly I focused upon one of the popular mods - Stainless Steel, and I’ve never actually moved away from it.

My contributions:
    So far, i have published only 3 tutorials, all of them centered around scripting:
    Leader traits with faction-wide effects.
    Working Patriarch & Redesigned Bishops
    Adding blank keyboard shortcuts for scripting purposes
    However i have also taken a part of a couple of discussions around modding news:
    Setting Heirs to your preference and my post
    Strange script problem and my post/Germanicus5 one (which was a result of a 4 page discussion outside of the TWC forums).
    Scripting Questions - TurnEnds and Ancillary Removal and my post.
    The reason behind the lack of tutorials is simple - most of my time i work around Stainless Steel.
    So far, these were my contributions at the SS forums:
    Little Fix Pack for SS 6.0 FINAL (effectively deleted as 6.1 consumed it)
    Patch 6.2, RC4 released (outdated as 6.3 consumed it, had a couple thousand of dl's and a 123 pages long thread)
    Stainless Steel 6.3 Released (the current version, after nearly 2yrs of development; 157,688 thread views at the time of writing this application)
    During the development of these, I was working as the:
    Team Leader for a highly qualified group of TWC members (nearly all of them posses the Artifex badge)
    Mapper (after SS lecture i can consider myself and expert mtw2 mapper),
    Scripter (same as above)
    CAI writer (developed the most aggressive CAI ever to be seen),
    Text writer and speller (hundreds of hours spent on this),
    CTD-hunter (give me a CTD, i'll find the cause)
    program developer (SS uses its own launch system and campaign management system),
    and just about every other aspect there can be, except skinning, modelling and recording music (however i have found and listened to about 100+ medieval tracks and chosen a few that I considered OK).
    If someone would ask what actually remained of SS that King Kong left, i can say that some of the ancillary and trait system, some models and skins and what’s most important, the SS spirit. The rest was gutted-out and redesigned/changed/balanced a couple of times.

Why do i want the Artifex badge:
    Because I think im worth it, and it’s always nice if your recognized as something more than just a plain member.
    It also seems to be funny working with people who are Artifex/Optifex and widely considered as TWC's best, while im just a plain member.
    And how can i forget the custom description under the avatar...

y2day
    Well what can I say? gracul deserves the opifex award, but artifex should come first. I contacted King Kong about a year ago or so and asked him what he thought of bring gracul into the House of Hader. KK thought it a wonderful idea but he knowing gracul even better than I suspected he wouldn't be interested and KK was right.(I have never known KK to be wrong....lol) Gracul wasn't interested. All he wanted to do was finish Stainless Steel's newest version. KK handed him the reins to TWC's most popular mod and again he was proved right in the decision. Gracul truly has rebuilt SS. I worked with him through most of the process off and on and the guy just knows his stuff and is a pleasure to work with. I was over joyed when I received gracul's PM today. Finally he has allowed me the honor of patronizing him and he is ready to take his rightful place in The Imperial House of Hader. I know you guys will appreciate the work he has done and approve of his request for the recognition he deserves.

thank you
    y2day

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Default Re: [Artifex]gracul (patron:y2day)

Yes, Yes, Yes.... No need to vote, just give it to him. As a matter of fact, give him the Opifex while he is here..........

For those of you not aquanted with Gracul...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

He is a Mod-God. Therefore I forgive the slight boastfulness utilized in his application. Give it to him, no throw it at him.

Yes...I've seen his works in play, nothing short of phenomenal. SS6.2 and SS6.3 have revitalized Stainless Steel. The forum traffic exploded when he released SS6.3, after an eternity of blood, sweat, and tears by him and his team. { 157,688 thread views at the time of writing this application}. He is one of those extraordinary individuals whose artistry makes the efforts of those around him that much better.
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; November 06, 2010 at 04:56 AM. Reason: grammar
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety

The easiest yes in the world. You know that getting Opifex would automatically make him a citizen anyway, right y2?

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

This has taken too goddam long, lol.

And I think he deserves opifex .

I agree about the opifex, and will put it before the curia after this vote. Jom is correct about him automaticaly being a citizen if he passed that vote, but I think he deserves this vote as well as the next. I tried to get him to go for this before SS was released then planned to put him up for Opifex after. That is still what I want to do.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I like this plan.

Saint Nicholas's Avatar No Avatar Specified

I'm not too impressed with his attitude and reasons for wanting Artifex. Though I don't have a serious issue with it I think it's still worth mentioning, call me devil's advocate.
    it’s always nice if your recognized as something more than just a plain member.
    What's wrong with 'plain' members? Anyways luckily for him though his work is exceptional and definitely warrants the rank. Yes from me, albeit a little reluctantly.
    "Muscovy", as its rulers have previously called it, is a sleeping giant, with age-old traditions and ways of doing things. Here, the feudal way of life has become so entrenched that the serfs are as tied to the land as cattle, and with almost as few rights. It is a vast, deeply conservative and religious country: Mother Russia and the Orthodox Church are the two pillars of national belief. The Tsar may be the father of his people, but by tradition and practice he is a stern parent. Ivan the Terrible was well named, and he has not been the only ruler with an iron will. Russia is the "Third Rome". The last bastion of Orthodox Christianity.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    And I think he deserves opifex .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    Yes, Yes, Yes.... No need to vote, just give it to him. As a matter of fact, give him the Opifex while he is here..........
    Artifex yes absolutely! Optifex . . . . I don't think so.
    Last edited by Squid; November 06, 2010 at 10:52 AM.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

I think his try at sounding confident in his application may be viewed as boastfulness or even cocky. If you know the guy he is really non of those things. Like I stated I had to talk him into this. His app. appearing that way may be my fault as I tried several times to give him reasons to do it. gracul really is a nice guy and a joy to work with. I do think he deserves the opifex award. With out him Stainless Steel 6.3 would have never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    I'm not too impressed with his attitude and reasons for wanting Artifex. Though I don't have a serious issue with it I think it's still worth mentioning, call me devil's advocate. What's wrong with 'plain' members? Anyways luckily for him though his work is exceptional and definitely warrants the rank. Yes from me, albeit a little reluctantly.

He is a modder, and most modders don't get out very much. They are a breed unto their own. Matter of fact, some hard core modders never leave the community in which they spin their trade.

Because I think im worth it, and it’s always nice if your recognized as something more than just a plain member.
    To be recognized as something other than a plain member for the contributions that have been made...

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    Artifex yes absolutely! Optifex . . . . I don't think so.
    Forgive my moment of fan boy zealotry....

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    I think his try at sounding confident in his application may be viewed as boastfulness or even cocky. If you know the guy he is really non of those things. Like I stated I had to talk him into this. His app. appearing that way may be my fault as I tried several times to give him reasons to do it. gracul really is a nice guy and a joy to work with. I do think he deserves the opifex award. With out him Stainless Steel 6.3 would have never happened.
    ^^This^^

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,

I agree, heartfelt yes.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    Forgive my moment of fan boy zealotry....
    No worries, but then I expect my Optifex nomination before the week is out!!
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Don't tempt me... But if I do it, you well know that they'll say there's Mega showboating and grandstanding again....

Hmmm... Now how to go about this.... "These things must be done gently"* ..........

* Wicked Witch of the West...Wizard of Oz...

OT: As previously stated, most modders are fickle and entitled to be so for the most part. Vote yes on referendum Gracul.

OT II: Voted, yes.
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; November 09, 2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: addendum

Maan....Ain't this vote over yet?????.... I can't wait til Ole Boy gets his due.......

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Gracul....

The Consilium de Civitate has the distinct pleasure and honor to confer upon you the rank of Artifex. We thank you for all the splendid, wondrous, manifestations which you have created for the benefit of this community.

We look forward with eager anticipation to your arrival in the Curia. Thank you once again for your profound investment of soul & spirit that has benefited many in this community.
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; November 12, 2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: font location

Another new citizen. PMs sent.

Devoirs The Empress

Public.
    Last edited by Empress Meg; November 12, 2010 at 07:27 PM.
    The Eagle Standard

Default Re: PASSED[Artifex]gracul (patron:y2day)

Gracul requested that this be passed onto the CdeC:

Thank you CdeC, for accepting me on the position of Artifex.
    It was an extremely pleasurable moment for me and i would like to send my deepest thanks to everyone who had spent their time researching my case.
    I shall make sure that you will hear about me and my modding skills in the future, and that the community will only benefit from my presence.

The biggest thanks go of course to my patron - y2day, who was so kind as to accept me as his child

Thank you,
    gracul
    Devoirs The Empress
    The Eagle Standard