Thread: 1.3 and 1.5 Patch on a copy?

Skallagrim's Avatar Libertus

Default 1.3 and 1.5 Patch on a copy?

Is there any possiblity to use the patches on a not installed copy of Rome (for mods)? As it is an installation setup I cannot get it to work separately... is there a zip version like the 1.2 one?

what do you mean as in if you have a copy of RTW you wanna install a patch to? yea you can do that just point the install instead of the default to where ever you have it at. hope i helped

Does the setup not automatically install the patch to the direction where Rome was detected? Strangely, for me the setup says RTW isn't installed at all even though it actually is.

Does no one else have any idea what to do?

where did you install it

Why don’t presidents fight the war?
    Why do they always send the poor?

Where? Well, let's see... I have 4 copies of rome with different mods on drive E which I only use for games. The one which was actually installed is either in the directory where I got RTR now or the one where SPQR is. Can't really figure out which one though.

when you first instal rome its normally placed in the Activision folder, i leave this as a clean un-modded (and therefor never used) copy of Rome/+BI, when ever a new patch come i copy the whole folder Rome - Total War to another folder and then rename Rome - Total War 1.3 etc, when ever a new patch comes along i patch the main copy and then make another copy.

Ok, in the meantime I got it to work again. I needed to uninstall rome completely which means the bothering old searching and deleting every tiny little file and registry entry which has anything to do with it. But anyway, now it's alright again and after reinstalling I could install the patches as well.
    What I did afterwards was what you said, Balbor. This way I can now try some 1.5 mods.

Well then, thanks for the answers... the thread can be closed now I would say.