View Poll Results: Shall we change this rule?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 33.33%
  • Yes - Under conditions to be discussed after this poll

6 33.33%
  • No

6 33.33%

Thread: Change to rule #11: Each citizen is allowed to build one house in The City and any community project they successfully pitch for

Default Change to rule #11: Each citizen is allowed to build one house in The City and any community project they successfully pitch for

Akar has requested a change to rule #11. Please vote if you wish to change it. This poll will close November 7th.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Change to rule #11: Each citizen is allowed to build one house in The City and any community project they successfully pitch for

Conditional for me.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Change to rule #11: Each citizen is allowed to build one house in The City and any community project they successfully pitch for

Hmm, I wouldn't mind allowing more then one house/building.
    As long as we follow a certain style (for example the smithy, cobblestone generator and the armoury need work), actually finish a building before doing something else and don't just place buildings haphazardly, it should work
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Conditional for me too. Pretty much agree with Manco. Some areas of the city needed some cosying up, so I did built some additional houses. They are by no means MINE though. They just are there for decorational purposes. (And people seemed to like it from what i've gathered, hell I even made a house for Katsu). They could always be torn down in the future if we need more room when the walls are there. And regarding Ferret's post below: by no means was I trying to take over the city by building it full with my houses. I did have a lot of time on my hands last week and instead of using this time to build something for myself somewhere in the wilderness, I decided to built stuff for what I considered the betterment of the City.

Nex to that, if you build more than one house, you shouldn't make them big (some people have very big houses in the city already, you know who you are! ). And yes, I agree with Ferrets, it shouldn't become a sprawl.
    Last edited by Mangerman; November 04, 2010 at 05:42 PM.

I am entirely against. The City is intended as a haven for all. That means walls, and that means a compact City. I also want it to be equal territory, where everybody has fair representation: not a sprawl of the buildings of the person with the most time on their hands.

english tyrant's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    not a sprawl of the buildings of the person with the most time on their hands.
    Then a limit maybe?
    Just slightly higher than 1?

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

I think this poll is not really relevant anymore now that we have had a sudden influx of a large amount of new players, causing the city to expand rapidly.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

I forgot to vote but say that the rule should stay, as it allows room for new players, i myself built in a place for hire in the center of the city

Upon the conclusion of this poll a majority had voted to change it. Further discussion will now take place to produce some alternatives to vote on. Please note: the current rule stands until we decide on the alternative that has the most support.