Thread: Campaign of Terror and Defence Battles

Default Campaign of Terror and Defence Battles

Hi,

in my current Hotseat Campaign with a buddy, I got a annoying problem.

As a true norway King, Magnus ordered: Campaign of Terror (= Generals who do not execute prisoners and burn down cities are banished).

Unfortunately I discovered that when playing (and winning) defence battles in the AI's turn, I do not get to choose what to do with the prisoners. So since several rounds, whenever I win a defence battle, my general is banished =// Is there a work around for this?

And another question concerning this: How do I pardon a general when he is banished? I read the general FAQ for BGR, but I couldn't make it work. On which "?" do I have to click? The banished General's or my King's? And does the General need to be in the same spot as my King or is it independend of that? And does the pardoning always work or is it random? (when I click "?", nothing happens. I do not know if there should be a popup or something).

Thanks

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Campaign of Terror and Defence Battles

to your first question I believe there is nothing you can do about it, just manage to always have the initiative until the mission expires

and about the second one, well, I've never heard about banished generals (what does BGR means?) I suggest to post that question in the general SS forum because there it will have more diffusion than here

good luck
    Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

Default Re: Campaign of Terror and Defence Battles

I remember reading that BGR and similar player-focused scripts don't work properly (in part) in hotseat - which is not the fault of the scripts/mods but of the "local faction" functionality of the game. I doubt this is the issue here but take this as a headsup. That aside I recommend a search of the main forum on the pardoning issue and note that there are some BGR related bugs that have only been fixed in the fixes collection (but which can be fixed manually). One of them is related to pardons afaik.