Thread: Causa Belli start up CTD

Default Causa Belli start up CTD

so I download and follow all the instructions given by the Causa Belli release: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393918 and I even use the "how to mod CC" following the instruction file that the Darthmod launcher has an option for, and the game starts up and sits on the first title screen, then CTD's, I've looked around here but I can't see how to fix this, and haven't found anyone else with this issue if anyone has had it. I basically can't play the game at all cause it's a start up CTD, can anyone help?

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: Causa Belli start up CTD

from the DMUC main menu if you access the Ultimate campaign does this launch without issue?
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

yes, as does the ultimate late campaign, both launch perfectly fine, it's just the CC that CTD's on start up. sorry for the slow reply, went away for a while

no probs,

the simplest thing would be to restore the back up you made prior to installing CB make sure the regular Custom Campaign works , and then follow each step of the installation process for CB again - let me know if the issue persists
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

it worked fine before I installed this CB stuff, in fact, when I take out mod Causa_belli.pack; from the script, I can run the Custom Campaign fine, it just doesn't have Greece or Hungary, etc.

have you copied the startpos and the scipting file to the cmain folder

yeah, 'scripting.lua' and 'startpos.esf' in E:TW/data/campaigns/DMUC_Cmain

ok I am just downloading from the link to make sure I have the same files as you

ah ok, to see if you can run it? cause nothing's changed the CTD on my end

that is correct,

ok I have downloaded from the CB link

http://redirectingat.com/?id=3054X59...p%3Ft%3D393918

unpacked the files and copied the startpos and scripting to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\DMUC_Cmain

back up the files in this directory first

then copy the Causa_Belli.pack to the main data folder where your ETW files are stored

then open the DMUC menu, Custom Campaign and edit user_script adding the following line to the top of the script
    mod Causa_Belli.pack;

then launch the game it all works fine

just did everything again and it still does the same CTD.. it goes to the first screen and closes

I would suggest you try re-downloading the MOD again and the only explanations are a corrupt download or incorrect installation, if the latter is ruled out then it must be the download