Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: When will this Mod be released?

Default Re: When will this Mod be released?

If you stop development of the mod, why not put the team version of the mod into an installer and release as Beta Version? If you come back you can do it final. But if not, the work isn´t lost for community.

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah i totally agree with that

Made a Beta and release it. Whatever you have done will be treat with full respect. It's a waste if all of work lost

Marcion's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    If you stop development of the mod, why not put the team version of the mod into an installer and release as Beta Version? If you come back you can do it final. But if not, the work isn´t lost for community.
    Well that may or may not be a good idea. You'd have to ask Augustus, I think he's the only one with access to the source. I'm not the most informed but last I heard there were some pretty significant bugs in there. His attitude has generally been not to release anything that isn't fully representative of our abilities as modders, so I rather doubt he'd agree to put anything out like that. I could be wrong though.

Something much more likely to happen, however, would be the use of our resources, models, textures, etc. in another related project. Like, say, if someone wanted to try making an asian mod on a much smaller scale than we did...

do you really believe, now where shogun 2 is released anybody start an M2 asian mod at new?

i think, what is more "shamefull" for a modder:
    a) release a beta version with bugs, but not lost his work and someone can build further with this beta, better chance then new mod starting
    b) waste all work and time and disappointing the community...

;-)

Our Modding Team Infracta have 2 main mods:
    a) 1648, we do final as an 1.0 release without bugs (if that is possible)
    b) Aventuria (a Pen&Paper RPG) TW, we do as open beta releases, version 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc. everytime with bugs, but so community can take part in development

look here: http://www.infracta.de/forum/index.php

i think its better to have for community a buggig AuH Beta than no AuH
    Last edited by Monguntiacum; March 31, 2011 at 07:43 AM.

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

do you really believe, now where shogun 2 is released anybody start an M2 asian mod at new?
    Definitely yes.

1. Shogun2 is Shogun2. It only mention about Japan. And Japan is not the whole Asia!
    2. As far as i know Shogun2 are unmodable
    3. I don't think CA will have interesting to make the expansion or new game which mention Asia mainland
    4. You can be sure that there're still a plenty of M2TW and RTW players around

Can we be your heir? The team Infracta could take over your data. It as best we can finish. And release it as beta. We can accommodate people who work in the team then that. And we have Gigantus in the team ..

So, to again take up the issue and make my position clear.
    We (the community) would be very happy if you could at least release a beta. If you are not longer able to finish the mod.

If you can not publish a beta, for whatever reason. Do we (Infracta team) offer to you to use your data for you to publish a beta. All we need is the data. We can debug (if this is necessary) and release it for you.

To your mod is far too well and good to lose it for community. So we offer only help. We dont want to rob you of your mod.

best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Marcion View Post
    Well that may or may not be a good idea. You'd have to ask Augustus, I think he's the only one with access to the source. I'm not the most informed but last I heard there were some pretty significant bugs in there. His attitude has generally been not to release anything that isn't fully representative of our abilities as modders, so I rather doubt he'd agree to put anything out like that. I could be wrong though.

Something much more likely to happen, however, would be the use of our resources, models, textures, etc. in another related project. Like, say, if someone wanted to try making an asian mod on a much smaller scale than we did...
    i think a East Asian mod is attractive enough
    therefore, may be make a beta include china(song,Liao, Tibet), Korea ,japan

Quote Originally Posted by Monguntiacum View Post
    Can we be your heir? The team Infracta could take over your data. It as best we can finish. And release it as beta. We can accommodate people who work in the team then that. And we have Gigantus in the team ..
    it's the first time in history I saw something like this, AUH is just on hiatus I think

I am still very support of this MOD!!!!! will keep wait for it until release!!! XD
    Mod that feature Asian will be great, especially Japan,Chinese and Korean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    it's the first time in history I saw something like this, AUH is just on hiatus I think
    I hope so too, but last posts could be read as an end in little steps. First long hiatus, than longer hiatus..
    And so i only offer help and support.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Is anybody still working on this mod?
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Apparently no

A shame... I was looking forward to this mod like a little boy looks forward to the summer holidays.
    The setting, models and info we've seen so far... Everything looked so nice.

The excited one's Avatar Senator

i suspect they got a life outside this forum instead of staying here and work 24/7 oh well just remember how long it took Rome Surrectum II to release....... 3 YEARS and with lots of people so all we had to do is either wait or help them (if you got the ability) no nagging and insults you will make them sad if they are sad they will scrap it then EVERYONE will be sad

also Shogun II is pathetic thank god i didn't buy this crap those total war games are getting more and more dissapointing after the release the Kingdoms:Kotal war (expansion of Medieval II) i don't know what the people in Creative Assembly is currently thinking....... now i play total war games is because i love the mods in here and i m eager to await for AUH to be release......
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Please AUH, resume making this mod. To say I am impressed with its quality is an understatement. Seriously, Creative Assembly ought to hire you guys, you produce a better product than their developers do. I mean, your work is much more carefully researched and historically accurate, for one. CA is downright lazy compared to your group, what with gross anachronisms in cities and provinces (Helsinki and Oslo, for example) and an entire faction based on Hollywood movie widely known to be horribly inaccurate. (I mean Braveheart is one of the best movies of all time, but seriously CA, consider reading basic history). And I've always been annoyed that Medieval II is so eager to get to the "secret" discovery of the Americas that is hurtles you through the Middle Ages as fast as possible and right into the 16th Century (which is generally not considered part of the Middle Ages). I thought depicting Asia in the era prior to the Mongol World Conquest couldn't be more fascinating.

Please tell me you weren't censored by the historical revisionists of the People's Republic of China! (Joking, but seriously... I had a Chinese friend notice that I was reading a book about Genghis Khan and say "Oh, Ghengis Khan, the great Chinese hero!")

DevrimJan's Avatar Semisalis

Yes! What TheBohemian said. This mod is too good to be left to die like this, it's one of my fav mods in development, please AUH team, please continue this mod. I understand Yelu Dashi has real life commitments, but please get back to it soon.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Well, like I thought.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Or send some files to other's modders.It cannot die!!!!

calm down, it's summer.
    the modders wont stay all day in there basement modding
    I think (and hope) they work further...

I PAY A MILLION DOLLARS FOR THIS MOD REALLY TO SEE IT FINISH AT LEAST HAS A BETA