Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: When will this Mod be released?

Default Re: When will this Mod be released?

Why has this mod not been released yet?? From the previews it looks like the mod is already completed. I mean we already have a finished map and finished traits, stratmap models and the major factions (China, Mongols, Japan). And from the lack of any new previews in a while the only conclusion is there is nothing left to be done on the mod. I think this mod can be released now as is!! I know there's some outstanding stuff to do adding fluff in terms of minor powers (e.g. what has been done with Tibet, Vietnam threads etc.) but who cares? We have the important Asian powers done. I mean, even CA did not bother to put in the small fry factions in M2TW, hence why we have the rebel faction.

I am only concerned because Shogun 2 will be coming out soon. I'm afraid AUH is in danger of missing the bus if it doesn't get a release out before Shogun 2, because although you guys are great modders, CA is very stiff competition.

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

LOL China was just Song your missing Jin ...Japan was Sub-preview Mongol just a small amount done your missing scripting, texts, background, splash, codding, mapping, errors, Sena Dynasty, Dai Viet, not to mention Goryeo, Kingdom of Champa, Pagan Kingdom, Xi Xia, Kingdom Of Dali, Khmer Empire, Kara-Khitan Khanate ,Srivijaya THe cultures religon, Menu Ui all that so no they are not done and they got REAL LIVES REAL LIVES Seriously man either help other mods or contribute to this mod at least!!

"We have the important Asian powers done" not to be rude but really there was more than three superpowers and right now Mongols just began to unite and stuff Goryeo's cool too and others

I mean I'm not saying your wrong but we have people who are quite offended when you say stuff like that so please hold back and do something else i believe you got important things on your hand

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

Quote Originally Posted by cpt_obvious View Post
    Why has this mod not been released yet?? From the previews it looks like the mod is already completed. I mean we already have a finished map and finished traits, stratmap models and the major factions (China, Mongols, Japan). And from the lack of any new previews in a while the only conclusion is there is nothing left to be done on the mod. I think this mod can be released now as is!! I know there's some outstanding stuff to do adding fluff in terms of minor powers (e.g. what has been done with Tibet, Vietnam threads etc.) but who cares? We have the important Asian powers done. I mean, even CA did not bother to put in the small fry factions in M2TW, hence why we have the rebel faction.

I am only concerned because Shogun 2 will be coming out soon. I'm afraid AUH is in danger of missing the bus if it doesn't get a release out before Shogun 2, because although you guys are great modders, CA is very stiff competition.
    Sir, please at least go read some Asian history before commenting about which factions should be left out because they're not important enough. Jin and Xi Xia are two major powers during this period, even the "important" factions are not done yet, so by your standard, this mod is far from finished.

Shogun 2, despite having kick ass graphics, will become boring soon after a few weeks, watch their videos about how many kind of units there will be and the modability of the game then you'll know why. Beside, a mod only about Japan developed by the CA team versus a mod about all of Eastern Asia developed by TWC's modders? I know which one I'll pay money for.
    Last edited by Babygod22; January 30, 2011 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babygod22 View Post
    Sir, please at least go read some Asian history before commenting about which factions should be left out because they're not important enough. Jin and Xi Xia are two major powers during this period, even the "important" factions are not done yet, so by your standard, this mod is far from finished.

Shogun 2, despite having kick ass graphics, will become boring soon after a few weeks, watch their videos about how many kind of units there will be and the modability of the game then you'll know why. Beside, a mod only about Japan developed by the CA team versus a mod about all of Eastern Asia developed by TWC's modders? I know which one I'll pay money for.
    Couldn't have said it better. I'm lamenting the direction that the Total War series has taken. If it were not in violation of the law, I'd donate a portion of my pay to this site's brilliant modders.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by medievaldude View Post
    LOL China was just Song your missing Jin ...
    TWO CHINA factions??? You're messing with me, aren't you?

Why has this mod not been released yet??
    It's not finished.

From the previews it looks like the mod is already completed.
    No it doesn't. It looks like those parts of the mod are at a preview level of quality and the modders have determined that those are released as a preview.

I mean we already have a finished map
    There is a map produced. Is there a finished map? I don't know, perhaps you could tell me.

and finished traits,
    there are some traits finished. All of them? I don't think so.

stratmap models
    We have some.

and the major factions (China, Mongols, Japan)
    Yeah, a 3 Faction mod, whoo, complete. Really?

And from the lack of any new previews in a while the only conclusion is there is nothing left to be done on the mod.
    Really? The ONLY conclusion?

I think this mod can be released now as is!!
    Course you do. But it's the modders decision. They haven't - because it's not finished.

I know there's some outstanding stuff to do adding fluff in terms of minor powers (e.g. what has been done with Tibet, Vietnam threads etc.) but who cares?
    Minor Powers? And what exactly is a Minor Power?

We have the important Asian powers done.
    Define important.

I mean, even CA did not bother to put in the small fry factions in M2TW
    And how poor a game is that? Play Stainless Steel, and you'll see how good it is. In this mod, something different is being done, removing the Rebels from the initial map.

I am only concerned because Shogun 2 will be coming out soon.
    So?

I'm afraid AUH is in danger of missing the bus if it doesn't get a release out before Shogun 2
    And why would it do that? It's a completely different and gameplay, not to mention that not everyone can run it. Also, there's been a ton of mods still in active development for M2TW, even since Empire and Napoleon.

because although you guys are great modders, CA is very stiff competition.
    Not really. Oranges and Apples.

Quote Originally Posted by Babygod22 View Post
    I know which one I'll pay money for.
    Pay money for ... this mod?

It's obvious that you won't play this mod anyway, right?
    Last edited by naq; January 31, 2011 at 06:40 AM.

I am starting to think of modding Shogun 2 for a while.
    But imagining how CA has protect her interests, it seems that Rome and Medieval should reign!

Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    Pay money for ... this mod?
    Hell yea, I'll be happy to pay double the cost of Shogun 2 to this mod if modders decide to charge us ofcourse, I was trying to make a point, dur I know it's illegal for modders to charge money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuong Vu View Post
    I am starting to think of modding Shogun 2 for a while.
    But imagining how CA has protect her interests, it seems that Rome and Medieval should reign!
    Same here, my vision is that I would make use of Shogun 2's engine to create an Asia's total war mod much like All Under Heaven exept with the ass kicking graphic and naval battles! (finally, the battle of Bạch Đằng river and Yi Sun Shin's turtleship massacring the Japanese's fleet will be possible for the first time! T_T). Then I watched their preview video about the modability of Shogun 2's engine.....it broked my heart.

TWO CHINA factions??? You're messing with me, aren't you?
    Like I said, go read some Asian history, get the basics down before commenting or you'll seems like a douch bag.
    Last edited by Babygod22; January 31, 2011 at 12:30 PM.

It's not moddable? Do you have a link please?

Vasterion say with me that January 27th 2011 will released mod AUH. Why now no anything that?Now is 28/01/2011 lunar then .Make sure that mod this is released on end in January beginning in February or before the shogun 2: Total War released. AUH mod release date official how many?When this mod is released the proposal for much link dowload?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasterion View Post
    It's not moddable? Do you have a link please?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwmjC_OE4o from 3:30

EDIT: Sorry this one only proves my point about how many units type there will be. The question you ask is answered in one of their Shogun 2 interview videos, I can't remember which one, but they also interview that same CA guy, so watch the ones that have him in it.
    Last edited by Babygod22; January 31, 2011 at 11:39 AM.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

why people always ask futile questions?

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

And no one answering either I'm afraid

scary
    Mod that feature Asian will be great, especially Japan,Chinese and Korean.

When you will make a new preview? And how are the advanced factions of Kara-Khitai and Jurchen?

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Come on the first question really the team gots a life whether or not you might not agree man. Progress is being made just please wait like there other things you could do. the second question dude really if your so desperate for a answer research yourself you seem like you got alot of time on your hand to wait for a preview, don't waste your time and use it seriously :O

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

Biarchus

Keep up the great work. I think the general gist of all the "when will it be finished?" questions is the mod looks GREAT and people are really looking forward to it.
    Carry on.
    "I'll tell you what rule sir....we applied Rule 303. We caught them and we shot them under RULE THREE OH THREE!"

"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it!"

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

well, rather than asking "when this will be finished?" let's sip some sweet rice wine and celebrate lunar new year! LOL

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

its "rabbit"year after "tiger",no “fox” in 十二生肖。。。。
    另外大宋是中华正统,金不过是北方渔猎女真人,连游牧蒙古和半游牧契丹都不如。。。。