Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: FULL PREVIEW of "Call of Warhammer" v. 1.4. (see in first post)

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Full preview of 1.4

Female character problem had been debated widely in TATW forum, it's pretty hard to overcome all the problems related, and unless some modder does it by himself, it's unlikely that a modding team woul do it for just 1-2 characters in a whole game.
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

No female "generals/characters". Not because of sexism, but just because It's irrelevant with the Med2 engine. hey, even ETW & NTW have trouble w/ female leaders having male traits !

female characters = ancilliaries & also as "princesses" & on the family tree.
    female units = YES DE Witches, Slaanesh demons, all FTW

PS: please, avoid Orc "princess" models. Ewww...

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Carstein View Post
    Now everything became clear. I misunderstood the word, and I thought that this is about the guard, composed of living, those from that image.

Drakenhof Guard has always been an integral, inseparable part of the military system of Sylvania. In total, it's a good idea - whether it bodyguards or as a unique body of infantry and cavalry (with the appropriate flag - what is in my signature for example). A stronger variant of Grave Guard with extra armor. A kind of "Old Guard", "Immortal."

Drakenhof Guard, "Vampire Counts" Army book 2008.

Comrades show me plz all you info you have about drakenhoff uard and drakenhof templars you mentoded

How do you want it I'll try to write to you, but it's best just to reach one of Armybooks (Vampire Counts 6 and 7 edition).

Drakenhof Guard does not exist in the WFB as a separate unit (figure). This branch of Grave Guard, who guarded the walls Drakenhof. If I compare it to something ...
    Karrobur greatswords - a variety of standard greatswods

If you want to write down the passages about the struggle of the guard in the service of individual von Carsteinów and will put a banner under which should fight. Only this moment will last, because the CoW translate into Polish.

i understand that and already made this conversion but i need all info that exist

and

what about drakenhof templars?

Vampire Counts, Armybook, ed.7, p.31

...Along this avenue of Undeath advanced a regiment of dread Wights, decked in rusted armour, their skeletal bands grippes around glowing swords. One bore a macabre banner, emblazoned with a name: von Carstein. These were the Drakenhof Guard, wicked knights (templars) sworn to serve the Vampire Counts of Sylvania for eternity. Wisps of dark sorcery trickled from their winged helms.

Battle of Essen Ford, p.14

...Vlad led the final attack himself at the head of his Black Knights, while Wights of Drakenhof Guard surronded the enemy general's bodyguard.

Battle at Kleiberstorf with Averland's Army, p.16

...Panic began to spread as the unnatural gale slew more men. In a moment of clarity, Konrad saw that the moment was ripe and unleashed his Blood Knights and the Drakenhof Guard. Faced with inaubstantial terrors and armoured Vampires charging them, the Averland army broke and fled. Konrad pursued them for five days, hunting down every last man who had opposed him.

Last Battle Vlad von Carstein, p.59

Its is claimed that when Vlad died, Isabella was fighting atop one of the gate towers of Altdorf. Protected by a bodyguard of Wights, she battled against the self-declared Emperor Ludwig and his greatswords.

Ps. Banners fo Blood Dragons

Isilendil, good, zajebista infantry!
    Last edited by Martin von Carstein; November 14, 2010 at 01:43 PM.

Probably would look like horse guardian / templar Drakenhof

Vampire Counts Armybook, ed.6, p.63

Although it may very well be a knight risen.

Better shot of the (similar) helmet:

Probably Kondrad times, the battle of Kleiberstorf.

Blood Dragon in surrounded Drakenhof Horse Guards.

Last edited by Martin von Carstein; November 14, 2010 at 03:03 PM.

tnx

Np.

Maybe I'll find something else. But unlikely. Grave Guard appeared only in the 6th ed previously troops wraights ugly.

The first reference manuals (name) of Drakenhofs Guard appears only from 7 ed, which is largely devoted to von Carstein.

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

talking about Sylvania, IMO the ancillary "von Carstein Ring" 's effects should be changed, for example adding more (several more) hp to the general, because with that ring Vlad was unkillable

Arch-hereticK's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

About female characters: Could we have them spawn like mercenaries that can't marry and leave much of their description and attributes blank/invisible. So in effect it's a female model that's the same as the males, but can't marry and doesn't have visible characters.
    Last edited by Arch-hereticK; November 15, 2010 at 04:01 AM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-hereticK View Post
    About female characters: Could we have them spawn like mercenaries that can't marry and leave much of their description and attributes blank/invisible. So in effect it's a female model that's the same as the males, but can't marry and doesn't have visible characters.
    The only issue with that is this: the leader of the group will still have a man's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    The only issue with that is this: the leader of the group will still have a man's voice.
    This could actually work out in the case of Kislev's Ice Queen Tzarina. I believe that according to lore she is said to be cold hearted (duh) and unapproachable spending most of her time behind walls coming out only rarely.

In this case one could imagine that she simply lends her statuesque icy presence (and destructive power of course) to the battlefield but retains her distant appearance by having an army captain shout out orders instead of her. Her bodyguards could have a mounted officer added to represent this.

Since she rarely comes out she could spawn with an army only in dire need when Kislev loses a lot of settlements. For example Kislev is down to its last 2 settlements, Tzarina pops out with a decent army to help prevent defeat but once Kislev is back at, let's say, 4 settlements she disappears again because she doesn't like to stay in the field (goes back to her Ice Palace or something).

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

You know, that is an excellent idea! I would've never thought of something like that (mainly because I didn't know about Tzarina)

Arch-hereticK's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Women should be seen and not heard.

You know, that is an excellent idea! I would've never thought of something like that (mainly because I didn't know about Tzarina)
    Here's the bit from the unofficial army book that talks about her remoteness and how she operates.

Upon her ascension to the throne of Kislev, it is said that the Bokha Palaces have grown a new wing, half a mile long, made entirely from glittering ice. This wondrous creation would be beyond all but the most powerful Ice Mages and it is here that Katarin remains for most of the time, granting audiences in an immense chamber of magically woven hoarfrost. Some say that she simply prefers the chills of these frozen corridors, while others say that it is a display of her power to overawe would be enemies and foreign ambassadors.

Where Tzar Bokha was a man who preferred to lead from the front and was renowned for his courage and leadership, the Tzarina, in keeping with her icy powers, is aloof and remote, preferring to work through agents and generals. Only under the direst of circumstances does the Tzarina join her armies, but when she does it is often upon a mighty steed whose flanks shimmer with glittering ice crystals and whose breath is the winter wind, or riding an armoured sled, drawn by a team of identical beasts. On those rare occasions when she leads an army in battle, the devotion lavished upon her is beyond that which might be expected of such a remote and cool ruler. Her power over the elements is clear proof that the blood of the Khan-queens flows in her veins. The Ungols of the north fear and respect her as one of the ancient warrior witches from their oldest myths.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Carstein View Post
    Isilendil, good, zajebista infantry!
    zajebista - ? :-)

Gondoriangrunt's Avatar Civis

She could also come into play like the Empire War Altar??
    There are 3 things that make the Empire great: ridiculous large fluffy facial hair, Flashy 80's uniforms and Lunatics with a goverment licenses

Magnus the choirboy ()

Isilendil, ,,zajebista" means very awsome wonderfull and super cool in Polish language

It means... hm in this context I belive it to mean : abso-ing-lutely beatuful ^^.