Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: FULL PREVIEW of "Call of Warhammer" v. 1.4. (see in first post)

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Full preview of 1.4

You look like you are a TATW player. I have a mod for TATW 1.4 that adds CoW factions if you'd like to try it out That way, you can see the unit from CoW and determine if you should download version 1.31.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    You look like you are a TATW player. I have a mod for TATW 1.4...
    Oh i saw your awesome mod (even if i cannot load its screenshots , i don't know why), but my TATW is yet sub-modded with a compilation of sub-mods!!! Even now i cannot explain how it run so well
    You know, i'm afraid to ask so much to luck , unless your mod could be installed in a different folder.
    I'm interested, however, in your sandbox sub-mod ...but this means CoW 1.4 is not a sandbox game? Like vanilla total war games i mean. Is it totally scripted? How does it works?
    Anyway...+rep for your work!!!
    <> If you think my english is bad, you never heard my japanese
    <> "Ama il prossimo tuo...NON QUESTO! IL PROSSIMO!"
    <> "Non bisogna prendere la vita troppo sul serio! Tanto non se ne esce vivi!!"
    <> "Saru mo ki kara ochiru"

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Of course these are the models we all know and love. But as others said at least there could be an armor upgrade to give them a llitlle bit of plate.
    I think that's a great idea.

Also while on the topic of sylvania I thought it'd be cool to have a wight special character maybe leading the re-animated original drakenhof guard from Vlad's time.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    I think that's a great idea.

Also while on the topic of sylvania I thought it'd be cool to have a wight special character maybe leading the re-animated original drakenhof guard from Vlad's time.
    from where are this picture come?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    from where are this picture come?
    A Old White dwarf, what number I dont recall what it was

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Hmm, I didn't noticed this Carstein Cavalry before in WFB . But it's still weird, I must say.

What the hell? These are the times of early Vlad. The CoW we Manfred, so do not confuse it with you. Grave Guard guarding the castle and all it takes.

However, if someone will add it I will not cry, because it will strengthen the VC.

Carstein cavalry on the images portrayed to you that the generals, vampire aristocracy. Historically, these figures were issued.
    Last edited by Martin von Carstein; November 10, 2010 at 09:37 AM.

Mr. Sorrow's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Carstein View Post
    What the hell? These are the times of early Vlad. The CoW we Manfred, so do not confuse it with you. Grave Guard guarding the castle and all it takes.

However, if someone will add it I will not cry, because it will strengthen the VC.

Carstein cavalry on the images portrayed to you that the generals, vampire aristocracy. Historically, these figures were issued.
    Please, read first, before you react... He didn't write anything about COW being set in the times of Vlad...

Pardon. My English is ... weak. I do not understand something or write something unintelligible.

Question: Is Himster wanted to create a human guard, re-animation of the human guard from the early Vlad von Carstein? Plays made during the CoW, the re-return of Manfred, impossible to make. Strange. If so, I understand. If not, I misunderstood. Apologize and ask me to explain it in simple sentences to translate, if not it will cause you trouble. "

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Carstein View Post
    Pardon. My English is ... weak. I do not understand something or write something unintelligible.

Question: Is Himster wanted to create a human guard, re-animation of the human guard from the early Vlad von Carstein? Plays made during the CoW, the re-return of Manfred, impossible to make. Strange. If so, I understand. If not, I misunderstood. Apologize and ask me to explain it in simple sentences to translate, if not it will cause you trouble. "
    That's fine, I think it's a mis-understanding of the word "re-animated" perhaps.

What I was saying is: The drakenhof guard were mentioned many times in the history of Sylvania, Vlad had them as his personal bodyguard (while they were alive and after killed them/they died), Konrad made a point by re-animating their skeletons and repairing their armour and personally leading them himself in the center of the battle line.

I think it's make sense that Manfred would to the same, except he should have a mounted bodyguard IMO, unlike Vlad and Konrad.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

That's fine, I think it's a mis-understanding of the word "re-animated" perhaps.

What I was saying is: The drakenhof guard were mentioned many times in the history of Sylvania, Vlad had them as his personal bodyguard (while they were alive and after killed them/they died), Konrad made a point by re-animating their skeletons and repairing their armour and personally leading them himself in the center of the battle line.

I think it's make sense that Manfred would to the same, except he should have a mounted bodyguard IMO, unlike Vlad and Konrad.
    As well the Drakenhof Guards were included in SoC in the Sylvania army list. As I recall, they were wights with the option to upgrade to full armour + great weapons.

Arch-hereticK's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sariour View Post
    As well the Drakenhof Guards were included in SoC in the Sylvania army list. As I recall, they were wights with the option to upgrade to full armour + great weapons.
    Well remembered. One unit may be upgraded to drakenhof for 3 points per model: full plate armour, hand-weapon and a great-weapon. And a 0-1 unit of drakenhof templars was mentioned as well, a unique unit of vampire cavalry maybe?

Now everything became clear. I misunderstood the word, and I thought that this is about the guard, composed of living, those from that image.

Drakenhof Guard has always been an integral, inseparable part of the military system of Sylvania. In total, it's a good idea - whether it bodyguards or as a unique body of infantry and cavalry (with the appropriate flag - what is in my signature for example). A stronger variant of Grave Guard with extra armor. A kind of "Old Guard", "Immortal."

Drakenhof Guard, "Vampire Counts" Army book 2008.

Whats with all the hate to the fancy vampires? I think anyone who goes to battle wearing a fancy suit is a total badass, they kill in style =P

And for skaven, couldnt models just be used from Mark of Chaos?
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice and i set the hounds on you

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Steelforce77 View Post
    just be used

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    some time ago you said that the main problem with skaven was the tail animation. Is there any way to solve it?

hick09's Avatar Miles

some time ago you said that the main problem with skaven was the tail animation. Is there any way to solve it?
    no

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

and they cannot be use without it?

hick09's Avatar Miles

no

^Lol.^

In any case, have you considered adding Tzarina Katarin to the Kislev roster or are female units just too awkward (she'd have a male voice I suppose)? Here's a very nice conversion:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Though I guess she'd be a bit op.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; November 13, 2010 at 09:24 PM.