Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: FULL PREVIEW of "Call of Warhammer" v. 1.4. (see in first post)

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Default Re: Full preview of 1.4

well the skavan werent very big in the storm of chaos were they?

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

They managed to almost detonate a huge "something" (hemishpere of doom?) in the underground of middenheim, but about open battles they didn't do much.

Oh, maybe they kidnapped Valten,but meh
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Grimgor starts off the campaign battling skaven, skaven actually get into middenheim, something the other forces of chaos could not.

I'm not suggesting that skaven deserve their own faction slot, but as a subset of beastmen (which they are) they make for some nice diversity and a more authentic mod.

Some skaven agents and gutter-runner units running around is pretty essential (eventually) IMHO.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail Mengsk View Post
    They managed to almost detonate a huge "something" (hemishpere of doom?) in the underground of middenheim, but about open battles they didn't do much.

Oh, maybe they kidnapped Valten,but meh
    Yeah, the Hemisphere of Doom, but that turned out to be a dud.

An Eshin assassin killed Valten.

They silenced the giant cannon in Middenheim (I didn't even know there was a giant cannon in Middenheim up until that point).

And they ambushed Brettonian reinforcements which led to the fall of what I believe to be Zavstra, it was the battle location with the pontoon bridge that held out for like a week against the Slaanesh assault.

Those are basically the big highlights that come to mind.

so they really didnt do much in the grand scheme of things? i think it would make sense for them to appaear as scripted stacks that attack certain parts of the empire, but i think thats something for a sub mod, rather then anythign that might delay 1.4 any more

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Archaon also makes a deal with throt the unclean (similar to his deal with the chaos dwarfs) for mutant experiments in exchange for slaves.

Their open battle highlight directly connected to the storm of chaos seems to be the small war they had with Grimgor before Crom showed up.

In 2504: Skaven Invasion of Nuln. Grey Seer Thanquol’s (Skaven) great plot to plunge Empire into anarchy is thwarted by heroes Gotrek & Felix in Nuln. Skaven are later said to be Beastmen.
    There is uprising in the Skaven lair of Hell Pit. This is caused by the Lurk Snitchtongue, Warp changed Skaven.

In 2514: Skaven sappers completely destroy Castle Wittgenstein and retrieve the Warpstone stored there.

In 2515: The Skaven burrow of Fester Spike is attacked by a Dwarf expidition seeking to reclaim one of the lost Hammers of Valaya. Grey Seer Thanquol attempts to summon a Vermin Lord of the Horned Rat. Instead, he mistakenly conjours the legion of the Bloodthirster, Skarbrand, which then rampages through both Dwarf and Skaven armies. Blood runs in swift rivers as Thanquol makes a timely escape (Dwarf year 5515).

In 2522: The siege of middenheim, the hundred thousand force of the council is thwarted by that bomb thing (mysterious circumstances). Valten is assassinated by Death master snitch.
    The Fall of Miragliano. A massive Skaven force from the Blighted Marshes crushes the defending mercenary army and sacks the city of Miragliano. The disgraced former Imperial Count Leopold von Stroheim - once an aspirant to the lordship of the fledgling province of Neuland on the island of Albion - led the remnants of the defeated force through the Blighted Marshes until cornered and destroyed by a force led by Warlord Quickpaw and Grey Seer Squelch

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

hick09's Avatar Miles

The team has beta testers that probably managed to survive the invasion. They wouldnt release the mod if it would be impossible to beat the invaders. Seriously guys, this is the kind of complaint that should be saved for after the release
    this is right thought. for exampe archaon has 30 stacks with daemons, mages etc, chrom has 10 stacks, avangard has 9 stacks ahd that? our testers are able to defeat these invaders, and you are worser than they? the sublect of our mod is a storm of chaos not usual conflict. we don't iclude such thingts against that you can't fight

13 stacks of orks... give them to me! Well if my city will be more developed (and it will be acording to this preview) i can recruit better units early, and be ready for this army. And most of all, nobody order me to fight them on field, i can wait behind citi wals, fight on the streets, where "numbers count for nothing"

I'am just really intrested about this 2hp maner, it's imba in my opinion. If you could make orcs models little smaler, to just pretend to be a unit and give them 1hp, with proper stats it will be ok. Orks right now are imute to ranget atacks, and most of all, it's just funny to w see an orcs just geting back on their feets seconds after a direct hit from canon...

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

I thought extra hitpoints weren't taken into account when troops get hit by artillery?

hick09's Avatar Miles

шт 1,4 main part of orc units will have 1 hitpoint, only grand troops will have 2 hitpoints

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    Archaon also makes a deal with throt the unclean (similar to his deal with the chaos dwarfs) for mutant experiments in exchange for slaves.

Their open battle highlight directly connected to the storm of chaos seems to be the small war they had with Grimgor before Crom showed up.

In 2504: Skaven Invasion of Nuln. Grey Seer Thanquol’s (Skaven) great plot to plunge Empire into anarchy is thwarted by heroes Gotrek & Felix in Nuln. Skaven are later said to be Beastmen.
    There is uprising in the Skaven lair of Hell Pit. This is caused by the Lurk Snitchtongue, Warp changed Skaven.

In 2514: Skaven sappers completely destroy Castle Wittgenstein and retrieve the Warpstone stored there.

In 2515: The Skaven burrow of Fester Spike is attacked by a Dwarf expidition seeking to reclaim one of the lost Hammers of Valaya. Grey Seer Thanquol attempts to summon a Vermin Lord of the Horned Rat. Instead, he mistakenly conjours the legion of the Bloodthirster, Skarbrand, which then rampages through both Dwarf and Skaven armies. Blood runs in swift rivers as Thanquol makes a timely escape (Dwarf year 5515).

In 2522: The siege of middenheim, the hundred thousand force of the council is thwarted by that bomb thing (mysterious circumstances). Valten is assassinated by Death master snitch.
    The Fall of Miragliano. A massive Skaven force from the Blighted Marshes crushes the defending mercenary army and sacks the city of Miragliano. The disgraced former Imperial Count Leopold von Stroheim - once an aspirant to the lordship of the fledgling province of Neuland on the island of Albion - led the remnants of the defeated force through the Blighted Marshes until cornered and destroyed by a force led by Warlord Quickpaw and Grey Seer Squelch

I think the skaven faction will be added but not in near future...

Quote Originally Posted by hick09 View Post
    шт 1,4 main part of orc units will have 1 hitpoint, only grand troops will have 2 hitpoints
    Great! Now the little dwarves will have a chance. I hate having to cheat.

is 1.4 completely in English or is it partially translated?

What I really want to know is that will all the file name of this V1.4 be completely english, for my computer isn't support russian, and every file name which includ russian become some meaningless symbol. so my 1.31 dump alot~~ which is quite disappointing for I really like the mod

the mod will e released in russian, but an english translation will be made,...i think

Quote Originally Posted by hick09 View Post
    Thats great! Thanks a lot

@boatie

I play as a dwarf, and i do no need to cheat, i just simply fight in the cities. Tactic is simple, put strong def unit on narrow street, slayers behind them, and second def unit. Fight until your dwars get tired, unleash the slayers, they will give a room to change def unit to fully rested. Do it couple of times, and you won the battle.

Orcs got crapy morale, they run fast from battlefiled, dwarfs with good general will fight to last one.

Mikail Mengsk's Avatar Primicerius

Orcs in 1.3 has pretty good morale compared to human troops.

Also, 2HPs are not justified in any way, if they tuned them down to 1-2 HP it's a great change.
    It's only after you have lost everything, that you are free to do anything.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Only grimgors body guard should have 2 HP
    -Betrand Russell

Omg so orcs shoud have 5 attack 6 def and 1 hp ? did u saw EDU files? if not then stfu.
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

wow not justified?? so you are saying that a ork have the same resistance of a normal human? that is a bit fail in my opinion. that you can't fight them doesn't mean the same for rest of us, so stop with this ''omg orks are tough, nerf them now'' what is next nerf chaos stacks to a single one?