Thread: Why won't reinforcements help?

Default Why won't reinforcements help?

I cornered Hannibal's army with my 2 armies on the campaign map. I click let this army be controlled by the AI and go to the battle, but then the reinforcements aren't controlled by the ai; they're just given to me after i lose a unit card and make room for the reinforcements. I can i make it so that the reinforcements are controlled by the AI because I did check let this army be controlled by the computer but then it doesn't work.

Von koh's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Why won't reinforcements help?

This happens every time?

My gallery Rep if you like.
    6 UESW victory.

yeah it happens ALL the time. Is it because the armies are lead by a captain instead of a general?

gamer if your army is controlled by a captain it cannot be AI controlled, it has to have a general.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    gamer if your army is controlled by a captain it cannot be AI controlled, it has to have a general.
    Nope..its irrelevant for reinforcements if they have a General Unit or not...The game creates a temporarily General making one unit of the Reinforcements the Generals Unit...Same applys for the players army even if both armys have no General Unit it wont hinder the reinforcements from entering battle

gamerwill253 @

If you click the ckeckbox for allow the AI to control your reinforcements and they dont enter the battle its probably because your preferences.txt is setted to unlimited_men_on_battlefield:false you have to set it to true...and reinforcements will enter the battle regardless of performance breaks but be warned. The AI is so unbelivable dumb that it will sacrifice archers charging into phalanx or heavy infantry without firing a single arrow...things like that...

Unless your reinforcements are not consisting of heavy infantry only its almost like throwing these troops out of the window as the AI will suicide them.
    Last edited by chris10; November 17, 2010 at 07:52 AM.

Thank you!! Now I don't have to scream at my computer while I try to fight off 4 Full stacked Carthaginian armies.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by gamerwill253 View Post
    Thank you!! Now I don't have to scream at my computer while I try to fight off 4 Full stacked Carthaginian armies.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Answered & closed

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here