Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Current LME version Feedback and Suggestion Thread

Default Re: Feedback and Suggestion Thread

Hi just joined the forums and wanted to say that im enjoying this mod very much !! Thanks to all who put it together .

Just a couple of suggestions for myself really , i would prefer to have the starting French Army with Dragoons instead of Lancers and be able to recruit them the other way round (Lancers from drill school onwards i think) i am not sure but believe this is more realistic .

Is it possible to do this myself for my own peace of mind ?
    Also is there a way the AI can recruit armies on a more infantry , cavalry , artillery percentage (sometimes i get a stack with 6 cannon , hordes of light infantry and maybe 1 or 2 line infantry) maybe this is just me and leads to different styles of battles and was intended ?

Also i cant seem to get the "Modified Deployment Mod" working is it compatable?
    This is my user script

mod "Mod_NTF_Main.pack";
    mod "LME_BAI_Submod.pack";
    mod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.5L.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";
    mod "prop_generalsmodv2.pack";

Thanks
    Last edited by Hawklord; December 18, 2010 at 06:25 AM. Reason: forgot another question

Iutland, would it be possible to change the BAI so that nations would use tactics they did use historically. So that the french would attack in column, the british would deploy two lines deep, fire away and then charge, the austrians somewhere in between etc.

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Unfortunatly there is a limit what we can do with very limited mod tools... Ai is hit or miss... Glad your enjoying the mod tho... Ill talk with iutlannd about your ideas and see what we can do...

Hugz!!!

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Arthur Wellesley View Post
    Iutland, would it be possible to change the BAI so that nations would use tactics they did use historically. So that the french would attack in column, the british would deploy two lines deep, fire away and then charge, the austrians somewhere in between etc.
    Take a look at TROM2 who are doing some neat things with different formation types represented by diffeent unit types (e.g. there are 2 French fusilier units - one normal and the other "column" which is larger, tighter, heavier mass, but very little ammo and firepower thus encouraging the AI to use them correctly and players not to use them incorrectly). In the meantime, I'll take this opportunity to suggest such an approach be considered by LME (and any other mod for that matter ).

Default LME1.6 Release and discussion thread

As an early Christmas present LME 1.6 is ready for you!

LME 1.6 is probably the biggest update so far to this historical orientated NTW mod. I would like to thank those who contribute by giving feedback in a constructive and polite manner in the LME threads. Much of the feedback as well as the constructive discussions amongst the mod team members are what leads the LME mod development in the right direction. Thank you all!

The general updates in this version are:
    Italian campaign with all starting factions playable added and the usual LME changes done to the startpos.esf. LME custom units added to the campaign as well as portraits for named people identified in the campaign setup (Camp16 and 17).

Egyptian campaign with all factions playable (except Britain) added and the usual LME changes done to the startpos.esf. LME custom units added to the campaign as well as portraits for named people identified in the campaign setup (Camp18).

L’aigles excellent French uniforms added with linking to LME units by Pdguru. LME custom units Garde d'honneur and Mamelukes added to the French rooster.

Marshal Beale’s splendid cannon gunpowder marks are added.

Reworked LME ship hull textures by Bethencourt replace current textures and you will experience less “Swiss cheese” effect in naval battles.

Mortars are added to all playable factions in the European campaign.

AUM2.2 made compatible with LME1.6 and included as a custom installation mod.

UA_I v0.95 made compatible with LME1.6 and included as a custom installation mod.

BAI submod included in the basic LME.pack for ease of use and it means it’s no longer a separate pack file.

Unit sizes reworked considerably with great help from PhallosMaximus and due to the new unit sizes the “Large unit sizes” are no longer supported. Ultra sizes:
    Line Inf: 210
    Light Inf: 210
    Skirmishers: 150/210
    Grenadiers: 210
    Elite: 240
    Light Cav: 100
    Heavy Cav: 90
    Artillery: As before
    Mortars: 6

Unit sizes are differentiated from one nation to another based on historical sources and the help I received and unit prize and upkeep is per man count/cannon count.

No more vanilla loading screens.

Campaign updates:
    Unit cost and upkeep reflects the new unit sizes and some type of units are more expensive than before (Light inf, Skirmishers and Artillery).

Unit limit lowered a bit for elite units.

LME custom units are also considered by the AI when recruiting, and naval units are prioritized as well.
    Starting economy improved for most factions.

Ports are differentiated across the European map so “minor” ports can recruit up to 80-gun ship of line (except a few type of ships) and the “major” ports can recruit every type of ship. The bigger seafaring nations can’t recruit above 80-gun and named ships in conquered regions.

More Generals and Admirals recruitable in each campaign.

1807 campaign France not at war with Austria and Prussia.

France got Reims and Strassbourg as victory conditions.

Uniform differences between campaign for Austria (Most units got helmets in 1805 and 1807 but shako in 1813) and Britains dragoons.

Battle changes:
    Light infantry and skirmisher units got a long needed overhaul and are now supposed to be used in a skirmishing role in front of friendly line of battle (no more file firing to Light Inf. or tight formation). Light infantry and skirmishers go better firing skills than before with increased cost to reflect it.

General units can dismount and fire pistols dismounted as well as use Telescope and the NTW animations by tiyafeh are added.

Battlefield buildings more shot resistant.

Howitzer/Mortar shells less deadly than before.

Rifles reload faster than before and Militia/Armed Citizenry musket range now 100meters.

Cavalry deploy in 2 ranks/rows except Austria with 3 ranks.

Russian Jäger got lower stats than before, thanks to PhallosMaximus for the information.

Grenadiers now have better melee/defence stats, thanks to Pdguru for the request.

French 1st Hussards now correct colours.

Images from LME1.6 (Flags are from Pdguru's mods)

New Campaigns:

Uniforms and new units:

Light infantry and skirmishing:

Default Re: LME1.6 Release and discussion thread

Looks positively swell.
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

CONGRATULATIONS on completing 1.6 - a real Christmas Treat! I am downloading and preparing to savor an 1813 French Campaign all over again...

yup!!!

thank you very much iutly!!! and merry christmas to you!!!

Hey La montée de l´Empire team,

nice to see this update, but on queistion on the installer, Whats the Fire by Rank sub Mod doing exactly ?

Cheers

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Couple of points/questions so far (French Army) - not using AUM:

1. The vanilla Old Guard unit and skin is still available in custom battles. Was the intention to remove it given the avaialablility of the new OG Grenadier and Chasseurs? And will these old units appear in (and mess up) campaigns?

2. I don't believe the OG Chasseurs were "skirmishers" in the sense that their default formation was the open "mob" you have at the moment. The OG Chassuers and Grenadiers were shock troops, and while there are some instances of the Chasseurs charging in a loose formation prior to the Grenadiers' 'coup de grace', may I suggest this be an option (via the skirmish order button) rather than the unit being spread out in mob formation as default?

3. Like item 2. above, the Legere units, especially in the later years, were line infantry with additional skills in operating in open order and skirmishing if needed. So, as above, may I suggest this be an option rather than the unit being spread out in mob formation as default?

4. Legere and OG units had eagles/standards - may I suggest they be given standard bearers? Especially the OG.

Thanks for listening!

Thanks for the feedback guys, and same to you (only a few days of waiting).

Cheers
    iutland

Quote Originally Posted by He111 View Post
    Hey La montée de l´Empire team,

nice to see this update, but on queistion on the installer, Whats the Fire by Rank sub Mod doing exactly ?

Cheers
    Just that each rank fire one by one, it looks good but might not be historically correct in Napoleonic sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Couple of points/questions so far (French Army) - not using AUM:

1. The vanilla Old Guard unit and skin is still available in custom battles. Was the intention to remove it given the avaialablility of the new OG Grenadier and Chasseurs? And will these old units appear in (and mess up) campaigns?

2. I don't believe the OG Chasseurs were "skirmishers" in the sense that their default formation was the open "mob" you have at the moment. The OG Chassuers and Grenadiers were shock troops, and while there are some instances of the Chasseurs charging in a loose formation prior to the Grenadiers' 'coup de grace', may I suggest this be an option (via the skirmish order button) rather than the unit being spread out in mob formation as default?

3. Like item 2. above, the Legere units, especially in the later years, were line infantry with additional skills in operating in open order and skirmishing if needed. So, as above, may I suggest this be an option rather than the unit being spread out in mob formation as default?

4. Legere and OG units had eagles/standards - may I suggest they be given standard bearers? Especially the OG.

Thanks for listening!
    Hi Pdguru

As always good suggestions and I will take a closer look at 2. and 3.

1. They are not available in the campaign, if available in custom battle I will inhibit them there.
    4. Good suggestion, will be implemented.

Cheers
    iutland

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Just downloaded it (was waiting for it ^^), some questions:

- will PDGuru changes he posted be implemented in a bugfix or in the next version of the mod?

- Are the spies nerfed with this mod? Like not being able to assassinate generals or this made harder?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawklord View Post
    Hi just joined the forums and wanted to say that im enjoying this mod very much !! Thanks to all who put it together .

Just a couple of suggestions for myself really , i would prefer to have the starting French Army with Dragoons instead of Lancers and be able to recruit them the other way round (Lancers from drill school onwards i think) i am not sure but believe this is more realistic .

Is it possible to do this myself for my own peace of mind ?
    Also is there a way the AI can recruit armies on a more infantry , cavalry , artillery percentage (sometimes i get a stack with 6 cannon , hordes of light infantry and maybe 1 or 2 line infantry) maybe this is just me and leads to different styles of battles and was intended ?

Also i cant seem to get the "Modified Deployment Mod" working is it compatable?
    This is my user script

mod "Mod_NTF_Main.pack";
    mod "LME_BAI_Submod.pack";
    mod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.5L.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";
    mod "prop_generalsmodv2.pack";

Thanks
    Glad you enjoy it

Dragoons/Lancers you can change that in building_units_allowed table your suggestion will be considered.

The AI army composition is updated in LME1.6. Give it a try and see how it works?

Deployment zones is an unknown regarding comp.?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Arthur Wellesley View Post
    Need to research a bit before considering it, thanks for the suggestion.

Take a look at TROM2 who are doing some neat things with different formation types represented by diffeent unit types (e.g. there are 2 French fusilier units - one normal and the other "column" which is larger, tighter, heavier mass, but very little ammo and firepower thus encouraging the AI to use them correctly and players not to use them incorrectly). In the meantime, I'll take this opportunity to suggest such an approach be considered by LME (and any other mod for that matter ).
    It will be considered as written above

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys, and same to you (only a few days of waiting).

Cheers
    iutland

Just that each rank fire one by one, it looks good but might not be historically correct in Napoleonic sense.

Hi Pdguru

As always good suggestions and I will take a closer look at 2. and 3.

1. They are not available in the campaign, if available in custom battle I will inhibit them there.
    4. Good suggestion, will be implemented.

Cheers
    iutland

iutland,

Glad to be of help.

I have made changes to my version of the db files and set the OG Chassuers, Chassuers and 6th Legere to normal file spacing. I also removed the ability of the OG Chassuers to hide - except in woods - they were an arrogant bunch and the last thing they would do is skulk...

I have also added standard bearers to these three units. This requires the additon of the euro_standard_bearer to the relevant db file of course, and also three variant files.

PS: The vanilla Old and Young Guard are both available. I have removed them from my 1.6 db files completely and they are now gone from Custom Battle selection - but not from the default army that comes up for France (I don't know how to change that). Might be a good idea to do it for the mod?

Pictures below:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Legere

6th Legere

OG Chasseurs ("sans skulking")

PS2: DELETED

EDIT: These changes now available as user submod.

Last edited by Pdguru; December 20, 2010 at 11:53 AM.

iutland,

Glad to be of help.

I have made changes to my version of the db files and set the OG Chassuers, Chassuers and 6th Legere to normal file spacing. I also removed the ability of the OG Chassuers to hide - except in woods - they were an arrogant bunch and the last thing they would do is skulk...

I have also added standard bearers to these three units. This requires the additon of the euro_standard_bearer to the relevant db file of course, and also three variant files. I have made a little mod with the three variant files and it is enclosed for your use. The mod does NOT include the change to the db file, so you need to do that separately.

Pictures below:

[/SPOILER]
    Thanks +Rep. DL the file and will use it as input for next update.

Cheers
    iutland

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    - will PDGuru changes he posted be implemented in a bugfix or in the next version of the mod?

- Are the spies nerfed with this mod? Like not being able to assassinate generals or this made harder?
    I didn't mean bugfix but hotfix. ^^

PDGuru, if I download "flag for OG and chasseurs", will it have the spacing changes you suggested?

Oh I forgot one last question about LME:

- Is the mod playable in MPC with somebody else using it?

Thanks.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

PDGuru, if I download "flag for OG and chasseurs", will it have the spacing changes you suggested?

Thanks.
    EDIT: See post 15 below
    Last edited by Pdguru; December 20, 2010 at 10:45 AM.

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Ok PDGuru, thanks.

Thanks.
    I guess you could play it as Hotseat Camp. Try ask ReignTerror as I haven't tried it myself and can't afford the time to do it

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Changes above regarding Legere and OG Chassuers posted as a beta 'submod' here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...01#post8642501

Feedback welcomed.