Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Current LME version Feedback and Suggestion Thread

Default Re: LME 1.4.1 discussion and feedback thread

hi,

Ty Prince and Jihada for the Belgian/Dutch uniforms
    Last edited by jupilerke; October 08, 2010 at 07:57 AM.

Hi all. Erm, I'm having problems with installation and I seem to be alone (which makes me feel like a perfect genius).
    Basically, I noticed one or two differences like the titles of each faction being given in their native languages, but aside from that nothing. Everything is vanilla and any modifications I make to user.script are to no avail (still the same factions on campaigns of the coalition screen).
    This is what I have:
    mod "LME_U_AI.pack";
    mod "LME_BAI_Submod.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.4.1.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    Furthermore upon startup the napoleon window reduces itself to taskbar and I have to re-open it to get back to the game...So either something is seriously wrong or I've just made a foolish mistake. In any case, it sucks and I just want to enjoy the (seemingly) awesome mod. A l'aide!

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Musa try removing any files in your data that look like they could be the mod or other mods... then run integrity on steam... after that get a fresh user.script... add the mods just from LME nothing extra like the AUM... GET MY MUSIC MOD!!!!... and umm try again after that... if it works then add each submod or extra mods you may use like sound mods one at a time...

only thing I can think of that could also help is if you could printscreen your data folder and your user.script file so I can take a look at it and find out what could be issue... <3

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=396175

Thats the NTW Data Checker, it works very well, try it

Hi again,
    My printscreen is attached. Also, my user.script is in C:\LocalDisk\AppData\Roaming\TheCreativeAssembly\Napoleon that is correct right? It seems like my user.script not working is the source of the problem. Thanks for the help you guys (and Gunny I tried the tool you linked and it does seem useful but didn't help )
    Last edited by Inkie; November 13, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Musa View Post
    Hi again,
    My printscreen is attached. Also, my user.script is in C:\LocalDisk\AppData\Roaming\TheCreativeAssembly\Napoleon that is correct right? It seems like my user.script not working is the source of the problem. Thanks for the help you guys (and Gunny I tried the tool you linked and it does seem useful but didn't help )
    Files look ok... whats up with your script?? order and format... possible screen of that aswell... but your files are perfect as far as I can tell except my music mod is missing LOL...

I would not copy Gunny's Script... you wouldn't have most of his mods added... your script should look a bit like this...

mod "LME_U_AI.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1_4.1.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";

third line can change depending on the campaign you want to try... just change number...

I have tried...but to no avail! As for the music mod, I downloaded it first time but when the game started playing up I opted to wait until it was working to install the music mod for the purpose of stability. No need to worry, I will install it with lunatic enthusiasm once I get this working! The second picture shows all my mod files and also that recently (although it wasn't working before either) my user.script has become invisible to Data Checker. I was looking around and discovered that there are two Roaming folders: One in LocalDisk and the other in the hidden Appdata folder. The latter seems to be the 'real' one because of the way it actually contains other files and an 'Empire' folder alongside Napoleon. Could it be that the LocalDisk version actually has no effect on the game? This is really starting to get complicated.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

I'd suggest uploading those to the Data checker thread as well, help mitch improve it
    Also, Im not sure userscript is the ONLY thing thats supposed to be in there, in fact i think it needs to be in Napoleon\Scripts\userscript.txt

EDIT: ok ive attatched two pictures
    One is what your Napoleon section of your roaming appdata
    the second is what your script folder should look like, according to your screenshots, thats not what it looks like
    Last edited by 'Gunny; October 29, 2010 at 05:36 AM.

Hmm, the installer said that I should not install it to the Scripts folder...I'm going to check

EDIT: I have two Roaming folders then. I described them in the edited above post. Should I be deleting something?
    I have to go to a seminar for now, but I am totally lost. Even without the LocalDisk folder the mod still isn't surfacing, and sometimes depending on what is tweaked there is no sound...Argh

This has to be the strangest issue I have ever seen... I'm not sure what else other than a complete uninstall and wipe of the registry with anything to do with NTW... actually did you install the campaign folders? you could also delete every pack including vanilla ones in data folder and then use verify integrity in steam... then add the LME files and try adding mod lines without the quotes... I know for fact quotes messed up when I try to play with Brigs Music Mod for some odd reason....

Hmm, the installer said that I should not install it to the Scripts folder...I'm going to check

EDIT: I have two Roaming folders then. I described them in the edited above post. Should I be deleting something?
    I have to go to a seminar for now, but I am totally lost. Even without the LocalDisk folder the mod still isn't surfacing, and sometimes depending on what is tweaked there is no sound...Argh
    Hi King Musa

Just got back from 4 off-line days in London

The error is on my side I'm afraidThe installation text is wrong and you must install the user.script.txt file to the scripts folder so it is situated with the preferences.txt file (like your right hand side folder view).

The missing sound can occur if you have "space" characters in the .pack file names. Example: LME texture.pack should be LME_texture.pack.

Hope it works otherwise let me know. LME user script installation file will be updated with next release

Best regards
    iutland

Okay, so that's clear now. I've never had this much trouble installing a mod before but I'm really determined to get this working. So, two questions:
    What should my LocalDisk folder contain regarding ntw?
    Should there be a scripts folder in Appdata? I have one there and one within the Napoleon folder.
    The NTW Data Checker detects all the LME files, and the user.script, which is same as before:
    mod "LME_U_AI.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.4.1.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";

Civis

Hey I just installed your mod and for some reason I am getting no sound (The SEGA intro movie clip etc has sound). My script file looks like this:

mod "LME_U_AI.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp2.pack";
    mod "LME1.4.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";

Any help?

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Okay, so that's clear now. I've never had this much trouble installing a mod before but I'm really determined to get this working. So, two questions:
    What should my LocalDisk folder contain regarding ntw?
    Should there be a scripts folder in Appdata? I have one there and one within the Napoleon folder.
    The NTW Data Checker detects all the LME files, and the user.script, which is same as before:
    mod "LME_U_AI.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1.4.1.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    exactly,the user script should read:
    mod LME_U_AI.pack;
    mod LME_BAI_Submod.pack;
    mod LME_Camp1.pack;
    mod LME1.4.1.pack;
    mod LME_texture.pack; (DON'T USE QUOTATIONS!! example: wrong:mod "LME_U_AI.pack";
    correct: mod LME_U_AI.pack;

should be in your user/appsdata/roaming/the creative assembly/napoleon/scripts folder
    it should be the only user script in there ,and the only other thing in there should be your preference script.

your local drive... say your C: drive
    should contain all your napoleon total war files
    (looks like your running vista or 7)
    best way to check this is to run the game after the fresh install and it should run in vanilla form,and then open the folder in you programs x86/steam/steam apps/napoleon/data and look at the date(easiest way) they should all match date/time etc and if they do to be safe.....open your steam account highlight the NTW game title in your account right click,open up properties,go to local files(3rd on right),click on verify the integrity of game cache (3rd one down) run the check,should verify 100%..........if not it will tell you and download and fix any corrupt files or replace any modded one with vanilla file automatically

once that is done run the LME auto install (make sure the files are mapped to the programs(x86)/steam/steamapps/napoleon/data file, if not open the browser and map them to that location)
    run the game and verify that the LME crest shows up on the title screen and makesure there is music and sound(if there is not any sound the mods were not loaded properly or there is a mod conflict)

should work if done correctly

p.s. don't worry it gets taken use to adding mods,but once you get the hang of it,it's easy. I change and play around with mods all the time and must install and remove and add 5-10 a day
    Last edited by kenniston5; October 30, 2010 at 11:59 AM.

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Venset View Post
    Hey I just installed your mod and for some reason I am getting no sound (The SEGA intro movie clip etc has sound). My script file looks like this:

mod "LME_U_AI.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp2.pack";
    mod "LME1.4.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";

Any help?
    you have a mod conflict read the post i put above and verify the integrity of the game cache
    it's a mod conflict or the mod was not installed correct, even if you don't find a mod in the folder you need to verify the game caches because alot of major mods(hosted ones) change the startpos and files and you need to change those back to vanilla before you install a new mod that uses the same startpos and files

Civis

The only other major mod I had was Napoleon Total Factions which ran through command prompt copying files and when you quit the game It puts the original files back.

Just so you know removing everything from my user scripts brings back the sound, so I guess there is a conflict somewhere. :S Do you think Napoleon Total Factions still changed the original startpos or whatever?

I was going to do a verify but when It reaches 50% it starts to take like a couple minutes per % so therefore I'm not in the mood to wait for hours at the moment, but If you can confirm it is the problem for me then later on Ill do a verify.

Just like to add I get the UAI symbol in the menu and I did a custom battle and the mod has taken effect (i.e seeing platoon fire on lights, inaccuracy of shots etc) I just get no music or sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Venset View Post
    The only other major mod I had was Napoleon Total Factions which ran through command prompt copying files and when you quit the game It puts the original files back.

Just so you know removing everything from my user scripts brings back the sound, so I guess there is a conflict somewhere. :S Do you think Napoleon Total Factions still changed the original startpos or whatever?

I was going to do a verify but when It reaches 50% it starts to take like a couple minutes per % so therefore I'm not in the mood to wait for hours at the moment, but If you can confirm it is the problem for me then later on Ill do a verify.

Just like to add I get the UAI symbol in the menu and I did a custom battle and the mod has taken effect (i.e seeing platoon fire on lights, inaccuracy of shots etc) I just get no music or sound.
    As written in my previous post missing sound in-game can occur if you have a pack file in your data folder containing a "space character" in the file name. Please verify that your data folder does not contain such file?

Best regards
    iutland

Civis

Ah I found the problem!

the line mod LME1.4.1.pack; was originally mod LME1.4.pack; and upon correction my sound came back. Although I have a spare script file on my desktop from before with the correct spelling so I'm not sure what happened there exactly lol

Thank you all for your help anyway.

VICTORY. Annihilated LME, reinstalled ntw then LME, took off quotations and it seems this combined with the single user.script location has vanquished the forces of bugs and ctd's once and for all.
    Thank you all for helping, I've installed hundreds of mods in the past and have never been as close to having a breakdown as this time...Now I'm going to get back to furthering Hapsburg expansion in Europe.

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Great to hear it finally worked