Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Current LME version Feedback and Suggestion Thread

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Default Re: LME 1.4 discussion and feedback thread

great job keeping up to date hun ... I'm back from my hiatus from Civ5 to help out too ... I'm gonna start talking to brig to help me create a small submod for music...
    want to make 2... 1 traditional and 2 epic... different tastes...
    I've also made an adjustment to my BAI submod that makes the elites and grenadiers rank fire and the lights stay with platoon...
    tested a battle and the elites were awesome... i may make grenadiers go back to regular fire tho... either way I'll upload them for whoever wants to play around... really very easy to mod that portion of game

Hi Lutland, excellent mod, I can' praise it enough. Few things that could improve it though.
    When I use the large unit size mod with ultra settings (i don't use toons just like the busy battlefields) all the starting units have different amounts of men than the ones you can recruit, however it is fine when I use large settings. Could you fix this please? Also if you could implement more nation specific techs and some more missions for minors. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Arthur Wellesley View Post
    Hi Lutland, excellent mod, I can' praise it enough. Few things that could improve it though.
    When I use the large unit size mod with ultra settings (i don't use toons just like the busy battlefields) all the starting units have different amounts of men than the ones you can recruit, however it is fine when I use large settings. Could you fix this please? Also if you could implement more nation specific techs and some more missions for minors. Thanks
    Thank you for your positive feedback

Good improvement request.
    However the starting units size is defined in the Startpos.esf file so if I should correlate the starting units size with the recruitable ones that would imply that I should maintain a 1805 campaign startpos for both Normal and Large size players and same goes for the 1807 campaign startpos. For the moment I don't think it's worthwhile but I will keep it in mind and perhaps settle on a common number regarding unit size instead facilitating both campaigns.
    I'll put it on my improvements list.

Cheers
    iutland

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Done and tested! Savegame compatible with earlier version.

The new v2 of the LME_U_AI.pack is uploaded in the usual download and install thread and download link here as well.

Best regards
    iutland
    thanks a lot Iutland!

That is on purpose and caused by Artillery misfire rate. It just add a little realism to the game

/iutland
    Hmmm - having the odd misfire is reasonable I agree but I dont think it right that only one gun fires in a battery for 'turn after turn'. That would equate to a misfire rate of 90% or something.

Having done a fair amount of (amateur) historical research over the years on what is loosely called the Napoleonic Wars (and more generally the 'Horse and Musket' period) and not to mention a good deal of experience of firing the damned things - I have to say that the current mis fire rate just feels totally wrong for artillery.

I dont want to impose my views, expecially if everyone else is happy with the current misfire rate but perhaps you could tell me where the rate is set please? Then I can adjust it for myself so it reflects 'my view of reality' without affecting the released version of the mod.

Thanks once again for the hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by Normalguy View Post
    Hmmm - having the odd misfire is reasonable I agree but I dont think it right that only one gun fires in a battery for 'turn after turn'. That would equate to a misfire rate of 90% or something.

Having done a fair amount of (amateur) historical research over the years on what is loosely called the Napoleonic Wars (and more generally the 'Horse and Musket' period) and not to mention a good deal of experience of firing the damned things - I have to say that the current mis fire rate just feels totally wrong for artillery.

I dont want to impose my views, expecially if everyone else is happy with the current misfire rate but perhaps you could tell me where the rate is set please? Then I can adjust it for myself so it reflects 'my view of reality' without affecting the released version of the mod.

Thanks once again for the hard work!
    It is a bit high at the beginning and decrease over time as your "recruits" gain experience and you research new technologies that lower the misfire rate considerable.
    The current misfire rate is 3% for flintlock and named "misfire_cannon_flintlock" in _kv_rules table (part of LME1.4.pack and LME_BAI_Submod.pack as well, so make the correction both places using PFM). For matchlock it is 6% and named "misfire_cannon_matchlock".

Appreciate that you consider and respect other peoples opinion regarding this matter +Rep

Best regards
    iutland

It is a bit high at the beginning and decrease over time as your "recruits" gain experience and you research new technologies that lower the misfire rate considerable.
    The current misfire rate is 3% for flintlock and named "misfire_cannon_flintlock" in _kv_rules table (part of LME1.4.pack and LME_BAI_Submod.pack as well, so make the correction both places using PFM). For matchlock it is 6% and named "misfire_cannon_matchlock".

Appreciate that you consider and respect other peoples opinion regarding this matter +Rep

Best regards
    iutland
    OK excellent, thank you.

Cheers

Hi, upgraded from 1.3.2 to 4 on Wednesday (nice and smooth and save game compatible). Really enjoying the mod, especially the tweaks to firing drills.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by tom_hobbes View Post
    Hi, upgraded from 1.3.2 to 4 on Wednesday (nice and smooth and save game compatible). Really enjoying the mod, especially the tweaks to firing drills.

Thanks for all your hard work.
    You're welcome, Thank you

Cheers
    iutland

Default LME 1.4.1 discussion and feedback thread

A minor update to LME is released. The basic LME pack, text packs and campaign startpos.esf files are updated. Savegame compatible but start new campaign to see changes in campaign files. These are the changes to the game:

Ottoman and Portuguese Generals now with historical names and portraits added to both campaigns. Admirals historical names only. It requires download of new campaign files to see the effect.

Most vanilla Artillery, Cavalry and Infantry as well as LME artillery units are renamed as close as possible to “native” names. This is a small change but with a big impact.

Some LME custom units are transferred to the peninsular campaign and available to France, Britain and Spain. It has not been possible for me to make Portugal playable through the peninsular interface therefore the Portuguese LME units are available to Britain in the areas part of modern day Portugal.

French Artillery line updated to reflect the introduction of “Système an XI” cannons and howitzers.
    French Horse Artillery changed to 4pdr Cannons.
    French Young Guard Foot Artillery changed to 8pdr Cannons.

Dutch Guard Grenadiers got their Colpack’s replaced with bearskin.
    “””””””””””””””””””””XxYyZz”””””””””””””””””””””””” text errors corrected.

Enjoy
    /The LME team

Default Re: LME 1.4.1 discussion and feedback thread

Just a little question for Iutland: can you confirm that your mod is compatible with the Modified Deplyment Zones mod?
    I`m almost sure it is, but just wanted to make sure.

Lasseman's Avatar Civis

Great job, missed the actual generals for OE ^^. One question, sometimes a general has confident general or something, but it still has 3 stars, how´s that possible?

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

so cool generals!

A 1500-1680 Total War FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by popovic View Post
    Just a little question for Iutland: can you confirm that your mod is compatible with the Modified Deplyment Zones mod?
    I`m almost sure it is, but just wanted to make sure.
    No I can't as I haven't tried it with LME or got any feedback that it is, sorry. On the contrary it might be and I would suggest that you tried it out and submitted your test result here

Quote Originally Posted by Lasseman View Post
    Great job, missed the actual generals for OE ^^. One question, sometimes a general has confident general or something, but it still has 3 stars, how´s that possible?
    I think the properties apply when commencing battle. Edit: As an example the Ottoman generals have the properties but the value that comes with it is not high enough to qualify for another star. They should qualify for that winning battles.

Cheers
    iutland

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Modified deploy zones causes fatigue when in skrim mode... not sure if bug or soemthing... confirmed with both french and british infantry... also when in cover... ill have my bf test later to see if it's mod or just something else

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Figured out something in regards to the arty not firing bug, it appears this happens because some soldiers like to go pick up a sponge and hide, basically the fire-ers arent there to fire and therefore: no firing. Ive seen one gun with two men holding the big sponge, while no "officer" (ill just call him that) mans the guns to fire

Finally got around to installing this mod. The only issue I have is that with all the correct names in their native tongue, I have a little more trouble keeping which unit is which, particularly in relation to the vanilla game, particularly the French Guard units. I'm too used to the English names for everything.

At any rate, I do quite like the new AoR system; it helps give greater importance to certain territories. However, I do have one question; I can't seem to find any province which allows recruitment of Grenadiers a Cheval. Are they just limited to the starting unit in Paris?

EDIT: After further experimentation, it might be worth considering increasing musket and rifle lethality just a trifle. As it is, a volley at close range doesn't seem to pack the punch one might expect. I'm not suggesting anything radical, I like the slower pace after all, gives a lot more time to maneuver without losing half a formation to enemy troops in a couple seconds, but a full volley at close-medium range should do more damage. For numbers, a French Fusilier unit firing at close range (maybe 5 yards) into a unit of Austrian German Line, inflicted, on average, about 20 kills per barrage on a formation of 160 men. Not a major gripe, but as I said, a slight increase at just the close/medium range lethality might be worth considering.
    Last edited by MajorStoffer; October 04, 2010 at 01:54 AM.
    Therefore, I conclude, that Valve should announce Half Life 2 Episode 3.

Iutland is LME compatible with Napoleon Better Renders Mod?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=347970

Quote Originally Posted by MajorStoffer View Post
    Finally got around to installing this mod. The only issue I have is that with all the correct names in their native tongue, I have a little more trouble keeping which unit is which, particularly in relation to the vanilla game, particularly the French Guard units. I'm too used to the English names for everything.

At any rate, I do quite like the new AoR system; it helps give greater importance to certain territories. However, I do have one question; I can't seem to find any province which allows recruitment of Grenadiers a Cheval. Are they just limited to the starting unit in Paris?

EDIT: After further experimentation, it might be worth considering increasing musket and rifle lethality just a trifle. As it is, a volley at close range doesn't seem to pack the punch one might expect. I'm not suggesting anything radical, I like the slower pace after all, gives a lot more time to maneuver without losing half a formation to enemy troops in a couple seconds, but a full volley at close-medium range should do more damage. For numbers, a French Fusilier unit firing at close range (maybe 5 yards) into a unit of Austrian German Line, inflicted, on average, about 20 kills per barrage on a formation of 160 men. Not a major gripe, but as I said, a slight increase at just the close/medium range lethality might be worth considering.
    Hi Major

Thanks for the feedback

The Grenadiers á Cheval are recruitable in Reims, that is the City where most French Cavalry units are recruitable. For more details on the AoR see LME1.2 change log here.

I will look at the global damage value for hand held weapons fire and see if it needs som tuning.

Cheers
    iutland

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    Iutland is LME compatible with Napoleon Better Renders Mod?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=347970
    I would think so. Haven't used the Better Renders for a while though.

iutland