Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Current LME version Feedback and Suggestion Thread

Default Re: LME 1.4 discussion and feedback thread

@Reign - Barbie....shudders!

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Gunny it's the toons I tell ya... oh and btw I got a bunch of msg about barbie... apparently I started it when obviously you posted before me

I been trying the new themes on bottom blackout is nice... and not as obvious on work computer lol...

Battle ai handles smaller units so much better... i tried doing x3 and wow was funny how much they danced... hehe

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

I still have a 160 man unit that shoots single rank for all main Line units (such as German Fuisilliers, Musketeers, Foot etc.) (with nothing BUT LME and the UAI)

Quote Originally Posted by pvtgunny View Post
    I still have a 160 man unit that shoots single rank for all main Line units (such as German Fuisilliers, Musketeers, Foot etc.) (with nothing BUT LME and the UAI)
    Strange as it works well for me but that was with the LME_BAI_Submod.pack enabled as well. Try adding that and it might resolve the issue.

Best regards
    iutland

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

haha it didnt, i removed it because i thought it may be causing one.

hey all,
    first up, i've been playing the Total War series a lot, since medieval. And been reading the Forums a lot too, testing out different mods. Normally i just read, DL mods and play but this time i really have to congrat you to your great mod, this is definitely the best Total War experience I ever had.

I just lost a campaign as Sweden :-) TotalWar feels totally different when you are actually able to loose a game

But theres still one problem i am facing, the LightInfantry somehow doesnt use volley fire. When I select a unit of LightInf and click to attack an enemy, they first start to tighten up there LightInf formation, which means they walk much closer together, into a thin line instead of beeing widely spread out. Then they start to shoot randomly, but only a very small part of the unit really fires, about 90% of the unit starts aiming, stops again, aims, stops, aims, stops and so on..,.. This really really sucks, cause it makes light infantry pretty useless.
    Anyone has an idea, how to fix the light inf issue?

I am using mod manager and here is what my userscript looks like

mod "LME_U_AI.pack";
    mod "LME_BAI_Submod.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1_4.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "Mod_NTF_Main.pack";
    mod "mod_BSM_Napoleon.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";
    mod "UltimateSoundModV3.pack";

Oh and i am using large unit sizes.

greets and keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by cocamido View Post
    hey all,
    first up, i've been playing the Total War series a lot, since medieval. And been reading the Forums a lot too, testing out different mods. Normally i just read, DL mods and play but this time i really have to congrat you to your great mod, this is definitely the best Total War experience I ever had.

I just lost a campaign as Sweden :-) TotalWar feels totally different when you are actually able to loose a game

But theres still one problem i am facing, the LightInfantry somehow doesnt use volley fire. When I select a unit of LightInf and click to attack an enemy, they first start to tighten up there LightInf formation, which means they walk much closer together, into a thin line instead of beeing widely spread out. Then they start to shoot randomly, but only a very small part of the unit really fires, about 90% of the unit starts aiming, stops again, aims, stops, aims, stops and so on..,.. This really really sucks, cause it makes light infantry pretty useless.
    Anyone has an idea, how to fix the light inf issue?

I am using mod manager and here is what my userscript looks like

mod "LME_U_AI.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME1_4.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "Mod_NTF_Main.pack";
    mod "mod_BSM_Napoleon.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";
    mod "UltimateSoundModV3.pack";

Oh and i am using large unit sizes.

greets and keep up the good work
    Thanks Cocamido, and a very nice feedback of you

Regarding the Light inf they are suppose to fan out (Left and Right) and start shooting from the left flank and down the files to the right flank and then repeat the drill. I don't know if you see that? The units that don't fire may be caused by the misfire rate for flintlock currently set at 20% (matchlock is 30%).

Best regards
    iutland

Lasseman's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post

Regarding the Light inf they are suppose to fan out (Left and Right) and start shooting from the left flank and down the files to the right flank and then repeat the drill. I don't know if you see that? The units that don't fire may be caused by the misfire rate for flintlock currently set at 20% (matchlock is 30%).

Best regards
    iutland
    I had the same, I set them for Light infantry behaviour, so they spread out. But when I clicked attack they got back together again and hardly fired. I´ll give you a screen in 2 mins .

Edit: Here you are.
    Last edited by Lasseman; September 27, 2010 at 10:16 AM.

Best regards
    iutland
    thanks for the quick response

Now if I think about it, yes that's exactly what they do, the only problem I have now, is that they have a misfire rate of maybe 90% and they start in the left corner (I'm not sure but i had the feeling they start in the right xD gotta check that) but then stop shooting after maybe 10 men..... For LightInf i really would love to have back the vanilla shooting drill (whole unit shoots regardless where they stand; isnt this volley fire???) Is there any way to bring back normal lightInf but leave everything else untouched???

The screen from lasseman describes it perfectly.

Now if I think about it, yes that's exactly what they do, the only problem I have now, is that they have a misfire rate of maybe 90% and they start in the left corner (I'm not sure but i had the feeling they start in the right xD gotta check that) but then stop shooting after maybe 10 men..... For LightInf i really would love to have back the vanilla shooting drill (whole unit shoots regardless where they stand; isnt this volley fire???) Is there any way to bring back normal lightInf but leave everything else untouched???

Thanks for the images as well I will test it later today and make a possible fix for it.

Cheers
    iutland

Just found this mod , very good so far cant believe I haven't tried it earlier. Good job!

Thanks for the images as well I will test it later today and make a possible fix for it.

Cheers
    iutland
    I dont know if it is related at all but I am finding something similar with artillery. It is not a consisent bug and I dont know how to reproduce it but I am finding that artillery batteries will sometimes (actually fairly frequently) end up with at most one gun firing (usually on the left of the battery). The crews of the other guns go through their drill as if firing but the guns dont actually fire.

I have seen this in multiple battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasseman View Post
    I had the same, I set them for Light infantry behaviour, so they spread out. But when I clicked attack they got back together again and hardly fired. I´ll give you a screen in 2 mins .

Edit: Here you are.

I tried to replicate it but don't see any consistent behavior as you describe. It is true however that not all the men are firing every single time but I would relate that to the misfire rate.

But I have made an alternate LME BAI Submod version2 (not as an installer just .rar and attached to the Download and Installation thread) that gives back volley fire to Light Infantry for those who want it. Download and extract to your data folder and it will overwrite your current LME BAI pack.

The images look a bit odd to me as the Light Infantry uses a "Skirmisher" formationThat is not caused by any of the LME mod files.

Quote Originally Posted by Normalguy View Post
    I dont know if it is related at all but I am finding something similar with artillery. It is not a consisent bug and I dont know how to reproduce it but I am finding that artillery batteries will sometimes (actually fairly frequently) end up with at most one gun firing (usually on the left of the battery). The crews of the other guns go through their drill as if firing but the guns dont actually fire.

I have seen this in multiple battles.
    That is on purpose and caused by Artillery misfire rate. It just add a little realism to the game

/iutland

Lasseman's Avatar Civis

I tried to replicate it but don't see any consistent behavior as you describe. It is true however that not all the men are firing every single time but I would relate that to the misfire rate.

But I have made an alternate LME BAI Submod version2 (not as an installer just .rar and attached to the Download and Installation thread) that gives back volley fire to Light Infantry for those who want it. Download and extract to your data folder and it will overwrite your current LME BAI pack.

The images look a bit odd to me as the Light Infantry uses a "Skirmisher" formationThat is not caused by any of the LME mod files.

That is on purpose and caused by Artillery misfire rate. It just add a little realism to the game

/iutland
    I'll check it ASAP Having some problems with my game computer atm

The game freezes when I use HMS victory to board other ships, sort of like its stuck on pause but with no response any way to fix this? I have no other mods installed and my script is step up like this:
    mod "LME1.4.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp4.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "LME_U_AI.pack";

apart from that everything else works smoothly

Quote Originally Posted by Black Fox View Post
    The game freezes when I use HMS victory to board other ships, sort of like its stuck on pause but with no response any way to fix this? I have no other mods installed and my script is step up like this:
    mod "LME1.4.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp4.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "LME_U_AI.pack";

apart from that everything else works smoothly
    Haven't seen it myself though but will try to replicate it and see the result I get. EDIT: Have tried to replicate it by playing HMS Victory against the French ship (80) Neptune and succesfully boarded and captured the ship with no observations. In your case could it be caused by a simple GPU problem or have you tried it again?

Btw. your BAI and UAI files should be higher than 1.4 in the script

Cheers
    iutland

Iutly ( ) there's a new version of UAI
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=370617

...is compatible with last version of LME?
    what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    Iutly ( ) there's a new version of UAI
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=370617

...is compatible with last version of LME?
    what do you think?
    Hi Ryo

I will make an updated LME_UAI_submod (v2) based on that UAI version 0.8 before LME1.4.1 comes out, meaning that I will start looking at that task as the first priority.

Cheers
    iutland

great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    great!
    Done and tested! Savegame compatible with earlier version.

The new v2 of the LME_U_AI.pack is uploaded in the usual download and install thread and download link here as well.

Best regards
    iutland