Thread: What shall I do?

Default What shall I do?

Hey all,

I'm currently playing an Ottoman Empire campaign and I'm searching for some strategic advice about my expansion methods. I am currently gaining 4500 a turn, partly due to my small army and partly to my significant trading fleet and high taxes, but I'm not exactly sure what to do next:

I wish to ally with France and enter war either with Austria/Russia or invade Italy, but this would be tough seeing as they will all stack up against me and around 2000 of my income is from trade with them. I am about 15 turns in and the Allies are steadily gaining ground in the west.

Furthermore I would need more troops (= more cost) and religious problems in my garrisoned settlements mean that I can't effectively campaign for fear of my home provinces revolting...This however is a secondary problem because I know that town watch would compensate for this, but it would cost even more money. I could recruit madly and hope that money gained from my campaigns will keep me going, but this does not seem viable in the long run.

Any suggestions for an ambitious Sultan? Would be much appreciated

- KM

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Default Re: What shall I do?

Quote Originally Posted by King Musa View Post
    Hey all,

I'm currently playing an Ottoman Empire campaign and I'm searching for some strategic advice about my expansion methods. I am currently gaining 4500 a turn, partly due to my small army and partly to my significant trading fleet and high taxes, but I'm not exactly sure what to do next:

I wish to ally with France and enter war either with Austria/Russia or invade Italy, but this would be tough seeing as they will all stack up against me and around 2000 of my income is from trade with them. I am about 15 turns in and the Allies are steadily gaining ground in the west.

Furthermore I would need more troops (= more cost) and religious problems in my garrisoned settlements mean that I can't effectively campaign for fear of my home provinces revolting...This however is a secondary problem because I know that town watch would compensate for this, but it would cost even more money. I could recruit madly and hope that money gained from my campaigns will keep me going, but this does not seem viable in the long run.

Any suggestions for an ambitious Sultan? Would be much appreciated

- KM
    Hi KM

IMO you should expand northwards and try to take Vienna as the Ottomans failed to do centuries before and get the Crimean's as a vassal state. Just a suggestion

Cheers
    iutland

Hi Iutland,

That's the most obvious choice but I doubt I will cope financially, and then theres the problem of religious unrest which would all make it tough in the long run. I guess I'll end up doing that and hoping Russia remains neutral to the khanate, if i could make peace with them (considering the state of diplomacy, however, it's not likely). I think I'm going to build a protectorate wall around my empire, then invade Italy.

I just noticed something random though: Do you think you could re-skin german fusiliers for the next update? Or otherwise create an Austria-exclusive AoR unit that resembles the true Austrian fusiliers? That is with those awesome cavalry style (like the Bavarian line already have) helmets and uniforms with colors other than just white and grey. Just the sartorial chap inside me speaking up thanks anyway

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Quote Originally Posted by King Musa View Post
    Hi Iutland,

That's the most obvious choice but I doubt I will cope financially, and then theres the problem of religious unrest which would all make it tough in the long run. I guess I'll end up doing that and hoping Russia remains neutral to the khanate, if i could make peace with them (considering the state of diplomacy, however, it's not likely). I think I'm going to build a protectorate wall around my empire, then invade Italy.

I just noticed something random though: Do you think you could re-skin german fusiliers for the next update? Or otherwise create an Austria-exclusive AoR unit that resembles the true Austrian fusiliers? That is with those awesome cavalry style (like the Bavarian line already have) helmets and uniforms with colors other than just white and grey. Just the sartorial chap inside me speaking up thanks anyway
    exactly, if I was playing as the ottomans,i would leave the Austrians to the french and rhein allies(they takecare of them in not time) build your army to full stacks and hit the russian bear right in the gut,take out all the lower russian regions you want to control trade and the balck sea all to yourself,then once your army is at full strength do what the little general could not do and take "Muscovy" once russia is out of the picture head west a mop up the prussians and austrians by this time they will be fighting a war on two fronts and will fall in no time,the key to the ottoman dominance will be control of the black sea

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

ottomans have a difficult fight in the balkans... I usually say head to moscow then thru prussia... leave austria as a buffer from france/italy....

nah dont attack prussia become allied with them to first destroy france and then go united aggaisnt france and russia

build a fleet and invade britain... j/k