Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: La montée de l'Empire (LME) Trouble Shooting Thread

Default sound bug

does anyone else have this? it's not a big deal, but sometimes it's a pain in the arse, and I was wondering if I'm the only one..

on the campaign map, sometimes when I click on a unit or a town (I think it happens more often with towns), this results in a series of crashing/clicking sounds that dont sound like the normal "thump" it makes when you usually click on a town.
    actually this "series" seems to be only one short "crash" with a neverending reverb (the same sound repeated over and over again), which in effect makes it sound like a weird siren or something -> very annoying

whats interesting, when I zoom in on the source (town) with my mouse the sound gets louder, and vice versa, also it gets less loud the further I scroll away on the map, and stops for good when I'm far away enough.
    when I click on another town/unit, it results in another sound bug of the same type (but most often sounding different in tone) replacing the first one.

any idea what might cause this?

btw I dont see any pattern to it, sometimes it happens, sometimes not. turning off the music doesnt help.

cheers

(PS: LME 1.5 is my only mod and I never had this with the unmodded game)
    Last edited by Dabrowski; November 20, 2010 at 04:02 PM.

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Default Re: sound bug

vanilla bug... i get it all the time... i removed the clicking sounds for mod but doesn't seem to reduce it... happens usually town with smoke or when anything with smoke is involved for me... other than battle smoke.. if there is a house with smoke tho I sometimes hear it...

Default Re: La montée de l'Empire (LME) Trouble Shooting Thread

I want to play as Sweden and put this in

mod Mod_NTF_Main.pack;
    mod LME_U_AI_L.pack;
    mod LME_BAI_Submod_Alt.pack;
    mod LME_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME_Camp3.pack;
    mod LME_texture.pack;
    mod LME1.5L.pack;
    However, when my game goes to the splash screen (NTW all the legal type etc.) it CTDs to desktop when almost done loading that with no error, help please

EDIT: Interestingly enough, it was the U AI L pack messing it up, no idea why, with this off, what will happen now?
    Last edited by RabidSheepLegion; November 21, 2010 at 09:29 AM.
    Don't forget to rep me if you like something I did/ or not lol

See that green thingy under the Carroburg banner? click it!

Pwning as the Pope on VH/VH Savage AI SS 6.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430026

ok, so nothing that can be done about it..
    thanks for the answer!

not sure if nothing can be done... I've been working on it... it seems to happen more often with mods... but i know EXACTLY what your talking about it's annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by RabidSheepLegion View Post
    I want to play as Sweden and put this in

However, when my game goes to the splash screen (NTW all the legal type etc.) it CTDs to desktop when almost done loading that with no error, help please

EDIT: Interestingly enough, it was the U AI L pack messing it up, no idea why, with this off, what will happen now?
    Can you confirm that all the files in the user.script are present in your data folder?

Cheers
    iutland

yea
    Don't forget to rep me if you like something I did/ or not lol

See that green thingy under the Carroburg banner? click it!

Pwning as the Pope on VH/VH Savage AI SS 6.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430026

Quote Originally Posted by RabidSheepLegion View Post
    yea
    Really don't have an answer as your script entries look fine and the order also. Does it work if you add "" as in the downloadable user.script?

Without the UAI file you will miss CAI+some BAI additions to the mod. A mishap during installation could be responsible for your problem, so you could try and unrar the UAI file attached this post to your data folder and see if the problem is still present.

Cheers
    iutland

Ältester der Motten's Avatar Primicerius

Errr, when I want to play a custom battle certain factions won't work, i.e. they have nothing in their roster but the general unit.

I aven't got any additional mod installed that interferes with the units as far as I am aware.

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ältester der Motten View Post
    Errr, when I want to play a custom battle certain factions won't work, i.e. they have nothing in their roster but the general unit.

I aven't got any additional mod installed that interferes with the units as far as I am aware.
    did you try clicking on the general first,most factions that are not the main ones(I.E.....bavaria,saxony,poland...etc) you need to click on the general first then start picking and adding what units you want to use in custom battles.you will also see a star in the first spot you add a unit,this verifies what I just talked about...just click the general.............

..........if that does not work then you do have a mod conflict,try un-installing LME and make sure you don't have any other mods in you data folder the best way to do this is by looking at the dates all the vanilla NTW files should have almost all the same dates and the ones that dont check and see what they are named it should tell you if its a mod or not,once you do that open up steam right click on the NTW game open up properties and run a game cache verification will take about 15-30 mins if any of the startpos or configuration files have been change it will let you know by telling of there failure and fix the problem by converting them back to vanilla,once this is done run the NTW game (all in vanilla) and make sure it works(campaign and custom battles) then re-install the LME mod with no other mod and makesure it runs (samething again custom battles..etc)

this should get you up and running this mod,most common problem is left over traces of other mods in the data folder or that changed your startpos or game.

p.s. happy thanksgiving

THEMIK DK's Avatar Senator

Default Re: What is going on?

yes but i have forgot what your name is there

A 1500-1680 Total War FTW!!!

Hi guys
    I had no problems installing or getting the game running however when i enter a battle the men are just backpacks and muskets and the cav is just horses any ideas?sorry if already encountered this prob couldnt see it on thread

awaiting your help

Mitch

Well taht was time consuming but i fixed it file by file lol

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Hello all,

I have started an 1813 end game for France, but despite having the large units option installed, the infantry units are only 140 men strong, even set on ultra. Is that correct?

PS: By (painful LOL) trial and error I have found I can get the right (220) unit sizes if I use a campaign multiplier in the Preferences script of 1.003 (???).
    Last edited by Pdguru; November 26, 2010 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Hello all,

I am planning to start an 1813 end game for France, but despite having the large units option installed, the infantry units are only 140 men strong, even set on ultra. Is that correct?
    hey Pdguru,thats correct bro when starting the campaign the units start at normal ultra size,something to do with the startpos,once you start recruiting,the should be at the 220 strength.
    Iutland talks about in this topic thread in post#143,also seen it mentioned in other spots in the LME forum also,hope this helps I use your battle flag mod(enjoy it) with the LME mod

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by kenniston5 View Post
    hey Pdguru,thats correct bro when starting the campaign the units start at normal ultra size,something to do with the startpos,once you start recruiting,the should be at the 220 strength.
    Iutland talks about in this topic thread in post#143,also seen it mentioned in other spots in the LME forum also,hope this helps I use your battle flag mod(enjoy it) with the LME mod
    Hello Kenniston! Thanks for the info - I got around it with the multiplier (although I now get 221 men rather than 220 when I recruit). It's easier than changing all the startpos unit sizes!

PS: Glad you use the flag mod. Battle and Campaign versions? I have just released a new battle flag version so be sure you are getting all the goodies. I have also made some changes to my personal version of the campaign map flag mod so I get all those minor states looking nice. I also swapped out that generic Belgium flag for a nice new one (yellow lion of Flanders).

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pdguru♔ View Post
    Hello Kenniston! Thanks for the info - I got around it with the multiplier (although I now get 221 men rather than 220 when I recruit). It's easier than changing all the startpos unit sizes!

PS: Glad you use the flag mod. Battle and Campaign versions? I have just released a new battle flag version so be sure you are getting all the goodies. I have also made some changes to my personal version of the campaign map flag mod so I get all those minor states looking nice. I also swapped out that generic Belgium flag for a nice new one (yellow lion of Flanders).
    ill be sure to look into this,thanks bro

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by kenniston5 View Post
    ill be sure to look into this,thanks bro
    Ok. Another question - I am well into my 1813 French campaign and the Spanish units in their armies have morale rates of between -2 and +2... is that correct? I know there was a similar glitch with the French in the peninsular campaign...

EDIT: Well, the numbers are misleading... they actually put up quite a fight.

EDIT2: Why can't I recruit any cavalry except Chasseurs a Cheval? Building Units Allowed table shows I should have them when I have drill school (+) but that's not the case. No heavy cavalry showing up - so is there something else I need to have?

ADDITION: Fire and Advance is working - should it be?
    Last edited by Pdguru; November 27, 2010 at 09:45 AM.

F&A should work... I used it... Ill test the others later... good feedback
    Did you get the hotfix for morale?

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by ReignTerror View Post
    F&A should work... I used it... Ill test the others later... good feedback
    Did you get the hotfix for morale?
    Yes, applied the hotfix but I'm not using Peninsular campaign.

F&A is working - I just didn't think anyone left it in mods these days because it's such a mess, !!!

But the lack of heavy cavalry is a game killer! If you can tell me what you think the problem might be I will try to fix myself.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of a couple of the campaign flag changes I mentioned above that I have done specifically for the my LME 1813 end game:

Westphalia, and France 1812/13 pattern in the background.

My new Flanders' flag instead of the generic Belgium flag, and the Dutch flag also shown:

And Poland (ignore the 1805 French flags in the background - the image is from a different game/campaign):

Last edited by Pdguru; November 27, 2010 at 11:52 AM.