Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: La montée de l'Empire (LME) Trouble Shooting Thread

Default Re: La montée de l'Empire (LME) Trouble Shooting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    Thanks for the replies, but I did a clean install and took my time setting up each pack to make sure I wasn't screwing up previously I downloaded every mod and compatible mod and slapped them together with mod manager. Works good now, and I like the firing drills in the alternative BAI pack! (Though previously I was referring to vanilla NTW).
    Glad it worked out for you and that you like it. That texture problem occurs if the linking between uniforms and unit tables etc. aren't correlated

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

On the issue of unit textures.. I am having another one now. There are certain units that have.. weird textures in their unit cards, like incomplete textures, and if they are used in battle the game will CTD before the battle can load. I'll try to take a few pictures here.

Edit: Got the pictures but I am having a hard time remembering how to put them on here without breaking the forums.

Edit: Thanks KDK

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here are 6 of them for now, but there are lots (all Modder made units I think?)
    Last edited by McCarronXLD; November 09, 2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Pictures

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Just put them in a spoiler

I was having this issue before I added anything to LME as well.

For starters I love this mod thank you Iutland for your great work. I am running 1.5 large have added JFC's Total Flag Mod, am using the UAI and BAI mod, UPC 2.8 and have added AUM the recent version that ReignTerror reworked, plus the Music mod. I am having two problems number one no howitzers, and two there is missing text on most of the artillery descriptions. I am playing Prussia in 1805. Here is what in in my userscript.

mod "LME_U_AI.pack";
    mod "LME_BAI_Submod.pack";
    mod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp2.pack";
    mod "LME1.5.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance MickyMauser.
    Umm, I decided to do a complete delete/re-install. Will see if that fixes problem.
    Last edited by MickyMauser; November 09, 2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: New info.

I was having this issue before I added anything to LME as well.
    Those "unit card" textures looks weird intentionally and I'm honored that you think my texture work looks weird because it's not one of my best competences

The unit cards doesn't make the game CTD. If I shall replicate your problem I need to know if it was a custom battle or campaign battle and between what factions (I guess Denmark-Norway is one side). Besides that I need to know what mod packs were activated at the time of the incidence?

Cheers
    iutland

Quote Originally Posted by MickyMauser View Post
    For starters I love this mod thank you Iutland for your great work. I am running 1.5 large have added JFC's Total Flag Mod, am using the UAI and BAI mod, UPC 2.8 and have added AUM the recent version that ReignTerror reworked, plus the Music mod. I am having two problems number one no howitzers, and two there is missing text on most of the artillery descriptions. I am playing Prussia in 1805. Here is what in in my userscript.

mod "LME_U_AI.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp2.pack";
    mod "LME1.5.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";

Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance MickyMauser.
    Hi Micky

Welcome to the TWC +Rep. Your problem is easily solved.

1. Howitzers are recruitable in Silesia, just build cannon foundry chain.
    2. You need to use the text file that comes with LME instead of UPC. It's named: unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v2_7_LME(1805).pack for the 1805 campaign.

Otherwise your script look fine

cheers
    iutland

Thanks for the reply. I thought I had checked all the building browsers looking for howitzers, but I guess I missed that. Oh well I am already re-installing so soon I will be up and running. Thanks again for the great mod.

PS How do I +rep someone? I would like to show my appreciation to some of the modders and their hard work.

Yes everything is working perfectly now. The only other issue I have is when a minister gains ancillary Military Genius, or expert or whatever I can't exactly remember, it is a -1 modifier, but that is left over from vanilla.
    Last edited by MickyMauser; November 09, 2010 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Problem solved.

Thanks for the reply. I thought I had checked all the building browsers looking for howitzers, but I guess I missed that. Oh well I am already re-installing so soon I will be up and running. Thanks again for the great mod.

PS How do I +rep someone? I would like to show my appreciation to some of the modders and their hard work.
    Thanks

Just press this button on the post from a person you would like to Rep and write your comment. The receiving person can only see who it came from if you write your username or alias as part of the comment

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

You have to have 25+ posts and been memeber atleast 1 weel before you can +rep someone
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/TWC:FAQ#Reputation
    Last edited by KDK; November 09, 2010 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Those "unit card" textures looks weird intentionally and I'm honored that you think my texture work looks weird because it's not one of my best competences

The unit cards doesn't make the game CTD. If I shall replicate your problem I need to know if it was a custom battle or campaign battle and between what factions (I guess Denmark-Norway is one side). Besides that I need to know what mod packs were activated at the time of the incidence?

Cheers
    iutland

Hi Micky

Welcome to the TWC +Rep. Your problem is easily solved.

1. Howitzers are recruitable in Silesia, just build cannon foundry chain.
    2. You need to use the text file that comes with LME instead of UPC. It's named: unit_pack_compatibility_project_napoleon_v2_7_LME(1805).pack for the 1805 campaign.

Otherwise your script look fine

cheers
    iutland
    Sorry! Didn't mean any disrespect, thought it might have been the game weirding out on me I deleted the AUM and Toons mods as well as the LME texture pack then reapplied them all and did my user.script order manually as was shown in an earlier post here instead of using mod manager. It works fine now! (I must say awesome work on those textures. They look beautiful on the battlefield )

Though I have two more questions, one of personal taste more than anything:

Is it possible for me to return the general and admiral portraits to their original state? I love the portraits you have done for the faction leaders and such, but I miss the vanilla artsy renders of the generals' faces. How would I go about doing that? (I assume something to do with pack manager).

And also as was stated earlier in this thread there are certain stats that are not in line, that being the units from the AUM and Toons mods. Some do not have the correct unit sizes while others do not have the correct firing drills. For example, right now the Brunswick infantry unlocked by AUM has a unit size of 160 (I am using your large mod, so the line infantry sizes are 220) and they use the vanilla line infantry firing drill (first line only). I am using your BAI submode alternative.

Edit: Actually taking another look at it, it seems that your BAI submode isn't loading for me. I thought that maybe all of the units doing volley fire was your mod but it appears that is not the case. I looked in my regular data.pack file and in the database there all the units have volley fire. I made sure the BAI.pack file was in my data folder. Here is my user.script order.

mod "LME_U_AI.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp13.pack";
    mod "LME1.5.pack";
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";
    mod "Whiff of Sulphur WHITE.pack";
    mod "Toons_Battle_AI.pack";
    Last edited by McCarronXLD; November 09, 2010 at 06:43 PM.

ReignTerror's Avatar Master of Hyperbole

Best bet is not to use the AUM until you have lmE running smoothly... plain just with the LME camp/Text/Music/CAI/BAI... there are a significant variety of units so trust me it's not a huge difference... no worries I'll test out the AUM/Bart/Geo/Toon packs and make sure they fine with LME... I'd hold off on using them until I finish up the LME compatibility project i'm working on... only for the minor balance issues and what not... I'll eventually have it as an optional submod... so watch that forum ...

EDIT: I lol'd at the unit cards too... heheh!!
    Last edited by ReignTerror; November 09, 2010 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReignTerror View Post
    Best bet is not to use the AUM until you have lmE running smoothly... plain just with the LME camp/Text/Music/CAI/BAI... there are a significant variety of units so trust me it's not a huge difference... no worries I'll test out the AUM/Bart/Geo/Toon packs and make sure they fine with LME... I'd hold off on using them until I finish up the LME compatibility project i'm working on... only for the minor balance issues and what not... I'll eventually have it as an optional submod... so watch that forum ...

EDIT: I lol'd at the unit cards too... heheh!!
    Thanks a bunch I'll do that, and look forward to your update.

And I found the portraits in the LME main pack. If I just delete them will it bring back the vanilla portraits or will I end up breakin' something?

hmm i would ask Iutland about that... oh check out thread btw... on lme forum

Thanks a bunch I'll do that, and look forward to your update.

And I found the portraits in the LME main pack. If I just delete them will it bring back the vanilla portraits or will I end up breakin' something?
    The portraits are linked to the startpos.esf campaign files so you might end up with a CTD if you don't edit the startpos.esf as well. I estimate that it will take 10 hours to redo

Remember it took me probably 30-40 hours to do the portraits and startpos.esf updates for three campaigns.

Have a nice day
    iutland

Hey,

For some reason my Napoleon Total War game crashes everytime I start it.
    This happened to me more times with other mods and it started working after a full reinstall wich I would rather not do again. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-[Bang!] View Post
    Hey,

For some reason my Napoleon Total War game crashes everytime I start it.
    This happened to me more times with other mods and it started working after a full reinstall wich I would rather not do again. :S
    Please post your user script entry and what files you check-marked with the new installer and we will look at it

when all else fails... delete your user.script and do a validation on steam... and you'll be set to go

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Also, try the Data Checker by mitch, its in the tools section of the napoleon subforum

mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "aum_nap_mod.pack";
    mod "LME1.pack";
    mod "LME1.pack";
    mod "LME_BAI_Submod_Alt.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp10.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp11.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp12.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp13.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp14.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp15.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp2.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp3.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp4.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp5.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp6.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp7.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp8.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp9.pack";
    FAmod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    TCmod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    SpaiNmod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    Germanymod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    clientSmod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    Rheinmod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    C07mod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    E07mod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    N07mod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    1813mod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    61813mod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    CMmod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    DSmod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    MSmod "LME_Music_Project.pack";
    I put some short names infront of the non-used scripts (wich I can delete easily so I can switch from campaign easily)
    Is it the scripts massed or is it just something weird?
    I will try to delete some scripts, I will edit soon to say if it worked.

EDIT: WOOHOO, I can play it again! (Thanks for the help)
    Thanks for making this mod so epic by the way.
    Last edited by Flash-[Bang!]; November 11, 2010 at 08:55 AM.

ow lots of extra stuff in your script... You should only be using one campaign at a time

*the beta files I sent you go here*
    mod "LME_texture.pack";
    mod "LME1.5.pack";
    mod "LME_Camp1.pack";
    Last edited by ReignTerror; November 11, 2010 at 09:54 AM.