Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1035505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1274

Thread: La montée de l'Empire (LME) Trouble Shooting Thread

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: La montée de l'Empire (LME) Trouble Shooting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DC53 View Post
    Can anyone help me? I have Napoleon Total War on Steam. I play with my cousin often, so I keep it vanilla. However, I want to be able to play LME as well. From what I have read LME doesn't really allow switching from vanilla to LME in the launcher. So I made a copy of Napoleon Total War in a new folder. Installed the mod and everything on the new folder. I try to launch it, and it plays the regular Napoleon. After some sleuthing I find that the launcher was pointing to the original one in the Steam folder, not the new one. How can I get it to point to the .exe in the new folder with the modded folders?
    What I do is have two copy's of Napoleon installed in my Steam\SteamApps\common folder. I renamed one napoleon total war 1 & the other napoleon total war. Now install La Montée de l'Empire in your napoleon total war folder, now you can play La Montée de l'Empire.

Now to play the vanilla game rename your napoleon total war folder to napoleon total war La Montée de l'Empire & then rename your napoleon total war1 folder to napoleon total war, now you can play the vanilla version.

Don't forget to move your Napoleon folder you use for La Montée de l'Empire with the scripts & save games.
    Go to your AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly folder & move it to your Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war La Montée de l'Empire, (just cut & paste it). When you want to play La Montée de l'Empire again just copy the Napoleon folder back again.

Okay so I understood most of what you said. But could you explain the last paragraph a little bit more in detail? How do I copy the Napoleon folder back if it is overwritten?

roy64's Avatar Tiro

When you have finished playing La Montée de l'Empire & want to play the vanilla version you need to move your Napoleon folder with your scripts & save games so you can play La Montée de l'Empire again at a later date.

go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly folder & right click the Napoleon folder & select cut.
    go to C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war folder (where you installed La Montée de l'Empire) & right click it & select paste.
    If you have done it right you should have these four folders in your napoleon total war folder
    data
    miles
    Napoleon
    redist

Now rename your napoleon total war folder to napoleon total war La Montée de l'Empire = C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war La Montée de l'Empire
    Now rename your napoleon total war 1 folder to napoleon total war = C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war

Now you have the vanilla version installed, start napoleon total war & it will automatically make a new Napoleon folder in your C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly folder. You can have as many modded NTW installs as you like if you have the space of course. Just remember to move the Napoleon folder every time you start a different modded NTW, so you have a specific Napoleon folder for every NTW install you nave.
    Hope it helps.
    Last edited by roy64; December 18, 2014 at 02:29 AM.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

I take it you know where your Napoleon folder is.
    Last edited by roy64; December 17, 2014 at 04:54 PM.

Ja I've got most of it, but it looks like I need to install La Montee again since the launcher is saying files not found.

Can anyone help me? I installed everything on LME 4 and when i try to launch i get Argument cannot be Nothing Parameter name Source File NAme I wanta play soo bad but it wont launch

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Cam1993 View Post
    Can anyone help me? I installed everything on LME 4 and when i try to launch i get Argument cannot be Nothing Parameter name Source File NAme I wanta play soo bad but it wont launch
    What does it say in your user.script

Both sound submods in the launcher do not seem to alter sounds significantly. The only difference I notice is that XFSM has different cannon sounds, but both do not change the musket firing sounds which is really what I'm looking for (the little "pops" are too quiet).

i'm not sure if i'm just being dumb here, but randomly like a few days ago the game changed the unit sizes to the smallest possible. When i started playing the mod i had units of 500 and such, now i'm stuck at the vanilla levels of unit size. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and it's always the same vanilla unit size. Is there a fix to this i missed?

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Simppa View Post
    i'm not sure if i'm just being dumb here, but randomly like a few days ago the game changed the unit sizes to the smallest possible. When i started playing the mod i had units of 500 and such, now i'm stuck at the vanilla levels of unit size. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and it's always the same vanilla unit size. Is there a fix to this i missed?
    Hi and welcome to the board

Check it out, before you start a new game you can change the Unit size or details (it explains in the mouseoverexplonation) under options, then you will have different results. So far i remember are the troops in the game already different then those you can recruit yourself, sometimes thats good but most time not, so just get rid of them and recruit new ones.
    hope that helps
    zaaroverandout

i changed the unit size to ultra in the ingame options but it's still vanilla levels, even recruiting line infantry the unit size is 204.

I'm having this problem in the 1805 France campaign where I left off for a few days and then came back to it and for some reason the normal french line infantry (wearing the light blue and tan uniforms) changed to line infantry wearing vanilla uniforms and a bicorn and when I try to continue the campaign, it CTDs on the loading screen. I've tried reinstalling LME4 three times but every time i reinstall, I keep getting the weird bicorn line infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by boxmonkey View Post
    I've tried reinstalling LME4 three times but every time i reinstall, I keep getting the weird bicorn line infantry.
    Well in 1805 french line infantry was wearing bicorns. Shakos were introduced later...

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

1807 to be precise.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Hello

I haven't figured out which .pack file is the guilty party yet, but I discovered that my British 9pdr cannons have a cannister range of "24"....which seems to be about 20 metres infront of them, the 6pdrs have the correct range. I think someone might have missed a zero from the range table.

edit: Okay I'm trying to fix this, assuming LME_projectiles is the correct place?

Ah Brans AI mod!
    Last edited by gaunty14; March 15, 2015 at 11:17 AM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

I need help guys, i cannot launch the mod at all, it shows me that report of error Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogagejuste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
    System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be Nothing.
    Nom du paramètre : file
    à Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.CheckFilePathTrailingSeparator(String path, String paramName)
    à Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.WriteAllText(String file, String text, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
    à Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.FileSystemProxy.WriteAllText(String file, String text, Boolean append)
    à LME.Form1.camp1792Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
    mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    La montée de l'Empire 4
    Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Napoleon%20Total%20War/La%20mont%C3%A9e%20de%20l'Empire%204.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Version de l'assembly : 10.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 12.0.51209.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.34245 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
    System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
    Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
    application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
    jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
    L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
    activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

1815 campaign with the british. 6 regions short of victory (40 regions). CTD when I try to attack Copenhaguen. This happened with another mod, that I got to a point that when I tried to move to siege another city on the map I got CTD. In this case it happens only with Copenhaguen. Wonder if this is common, to start having CTD when the campaign is quite advanced. If not guess will have to make a peace treaty with Denmark and not count that region for my victory.

A question too: is there an easy way to disable ROCKETS? I am asking because I am the only one that has rockets right now and they are too powerful as I am destroying all of my enemies. They are so cheap and fast to build yet have such an impressive range and destructive power tht i find it's too much advantage.

Oh, another thing -SO ANNOYING- the movement keys (A, D, W, S) nor the number pad working on the CAMPAIGN map now. Having to navigate using the mini-map !
    Last edited by General Gordon; April 03, 2015 at 11:18 AM.

When I edit the save game and change the army size (tried different numbers), then load that save game, it always crashes. I don't have any other mods or anything that could possibly conflict with this one.

Here's my user script file:

mod LME4_Pdguru_Winter.pack;mod LME4_Pdguru.pack;
    mod LME4_XFSM.pack;
    mod LME4_WOS.pack;
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

Edit: Reinstalled the game, the mod (redownloaded every file), basically everything and it still crashes.
    Last edited by Wulfric5; April 07, 2015 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfric5 View Post
    When I edit the save game and change the army size (tried different numbers), then load that save game, it always crashes....
    Not sure if this is your problem but... when editing and saving a game using EsfEditor I found that only version 1.4.4 worked for me. EsfEditor 1.4.4 should work for changing unit sizes. The Saveparser program worked great for editing an NTW file, but that program won't save the "Save" file properly (for NTW formatting) and caused game crashes when loading an edited saved game. At least this is has been my experience.

Note: it is certainly possible to use the SaveParser program for editing NTW save games, but you have to later use a Hexeditor to transfer (copy) the changes you made from the SaveParser saved file into the saved game you'll be loading afterwards. SaveParser seems to make additional changes to the file header and some other things that aren't consistent with NTW saved files which likely causes the crashes. In a Hexeditor you'll have to do a file comparison to figure out which data needs to be transferred over to the game "save" fiile you'll be using. But for changing only the unit size I'd suggest using EsfEditor 1.4.4. Hope that works for you.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfric5 View Post
    When I edit the save game and change the army size (tried different numbers), then load that save game, it always crashes. I don't have any other mods or anything that could possibly conflict with this one.

Here's my user script file:

mod LME4_Pdguru_Winter.pack;mod LME4_Pdguru.pack;
    mod LME4_XFSM.pack;
    mod LME4_WOS.pack;
    mod LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    mod LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    mod LME4_graphics.pack;
    mod LME4.pack;

Edit: Reinstalled the game, the mod (redownloaded every file), basically everything and it still crashes.

Make sure you have all theses files in your data folder.

LME4_Pdguru_Winter.pack;
    LME4_Pdguru.pack;
    LME4_XFSM.pack;
    LME4_WOS.pack;
    LME4_Camp1805.pack;
    LME4_Music_Project.pack;
    LME4_graphics.pack;
    LME4.pack;