Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Community-Driven Comic! [Development]

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Default The Community-Driven Comic! [Development]

Hello, Aanker here. I've decided to start a community-driven comic, where I - and maybe others, depending on if any talented drawers would be interested - will be drawing up comic images that you have planned, which all, in the end, will be part of a finished fantasy comic.

Here's your first set of three images to build the plot on.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Note the Film Noir style (yes, this is going to be black/white, owing to apparent time limits etc.)

RULES

- This is a community project that requires cooperation, not only between me and the participants, but also between the participants themselves. Keep that in mind when you design your strip/set of images: build on what others have done (that means not introducing a new character every time it is your turn), stay within the limits of the story established in the introducing 'pages' and don't put your successors in akward situations. Simply put: be nice.
    - Only when it is your turn may you submit a plot plan, spanning three or four images (although I can accept variations; a battle scene may require one, large image etc.).
    - No breaking of TWC rules.
    - Try to avoid political, religious or cultural allegories. I wouldn't enjoy drawing a scene that, between the lines, says 'Swedes are awful'.

CURRENT ORDER OF TURNS
    (I would like to give participants at least three days of preparations before their plan must be submitted, but I will not enforce this at all times, depending on my own available time etc.)

- Cedric37 III
    - .Mitch. IV
    - Katsumoto III
    - Leonidas the Lion IV
    - abbews I
    - Subuatai de Bodemloze I
    - Alone Elf III
    - Killerbee II
    - pvtgunny III
    - Helvetica II
    - naq II
    - The Third-
    - Makrell

GUIDELINES

Submit your suggestion with the following structure (or something that resembles this structure):

-General Description
    --Background (intentions, recommendations on what should follow etc.)
    --New Characters, if necessary, include their abbreviations
    -Script
    --Image 1
    ---Description of the scene
    ---Dialogue and event lines
    --Image 2

Note: due to the 'Prince Valiant' approach of telling the story largely without speech bubbles and such, the above plan could be simplified to feature only a descriptive text of the ongoing events and perhaps, if needed, a plan on the shape of the image itself.
    The Story So Far

THE STORY SO FAR

Page I

(Aanker)

(cedric37)

(.Mitch.)

(Katsumoto)

Page II

(cedric37)

(.Mitch.)

(Katsumoto)

(cedric37)

Page III

(Leonidas the Lion)

(.Mitch.)

(Katsumoto)

(Leonidas the Lion)

Page IV

(abbews)

(Subuatai de Bodemloze)

(Alone Elf)

(Killerbee)

Page V

(Helvetica)

(Naq)

(pvtGunny)

(Aanker)

Page VI

(.Mitch.)

(Leonidas the Lion)

(Alone Elf)

(Killerbee)

Page VII

(Gunny)

(Helvetica)

(Naq)

(Leonidas the Lion)

Page VIII

(Alone Elf)

(Gunny)

(Hobbes.)

(naq)

Last edited by Aanker; July 31, 2011 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: The Community-Driven Comic!

Brillant idea, i repeat
    Ok so i have 3 days before i can give you the plan. That's fine
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

It will be interesting to see what you come up with! I'm already preparing for this entire thing ending in some epic plot twist at the end.

Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Moved to the GD&B and stickied

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Cannot wait for this to get rolling, will be real interesting.

Patrician Citizen

Ok so next set of 3 photos:

1) "The artifact is heavily guarded by some of the best dwarven warriors"
    (a couple of battle hardened dwarves guarding an iron studded door - but in a bit of the pic, we can see some hooded head in the limit)

2) "Of course, this attracted many thieves of all species, but none never even passed the door..."
    (a pic with a dark prison with roting corpse tied with iron chains)

3) (The hooded guy now in front position, staring at guards, we can see his elven hears, he is thinking: "i need to find a way to pass the guards").

Voilà !
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

I like it already! Let's see how I should draw this...

PS. Expect it today, I've got lots of spare time and the script is quite inspiring.

STRIP II (script by cedric37):

This puts Mitch as the story writer for the next set of images.

Patrician Citizen

Excellent !!

+rep

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

I would be interested writing for the next 3 images, if that's okay?
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    I would be interested writing for the next 3 images, if that's okay?
    Mitch is right before you, but I'll add you to the list.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Sorry I took so long, getting somebody through an inpeneterable door guarded by the worlds l33test guards.. is hard. With the permission of Aanker, he has allowed me 4 images to get my bit done, and leave a somewhat interesting story.

Don't spoil it for yourself ;)

1) "The hodded man spies a rusty metal pannel, covering a sewer below a bridge."
    (Pictures of the hooded man, looking down at an entrace with a rusty metal sheet covering it)

2) "He drops down below the bridge, and carefuly pulls away the metal sheet.."
    (Him entering the sewer, with picture of the metal sheet to the side of the entrance.)

3) "The man creeps through the sewer, and eventualy finds a grate that looks up into the room!"
    (A shot from behind the hooded man. He is lifting a metal grate.. and climbing into the room, he can see a stand with the artifact).

4) "As the man creeps over to the bowl, and touches it, a dwarven guard begins to open the door."
    (A pic of the hooded guy touching the bowl, in the background the large door is opening)
    Last edited by .Mitch.; November 10, 2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: typo

Patrician Citizen

Nice idea to put a spoiler

Thanks for that, Mitch. This will be most interesting to picture.

Some images might have to be smaller to fit the width of a standard three-picture strip, but I don't think that will be a problem.

PS. Like cedric37 said, this is a good idea, if someone wants to skim through the thread but not read each story segment.

STRIP III (script by .Mitch.):

The tension is growing!

PS. And with that, it is now Katsumoto's turn to write the script!
    Last edited by Aanker; November 10, 2010 at 11:27 AM.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Nice one! Its like you took the images out of my mind! Perfect man. Look forward to the next. +rep

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Here is mine.

>As the door slowly creaks open, the elf, with a slick and elegant slide, attaches himself onto the wall just beside the door.
    >The guard peers into the room casually, glancing from left to right, before retreating back to whence he came.
    >With a sigh of relief the elf swiftly moves towards the bowl, snatching it from its place. As he does so, a thunderous noise echoes throughout the hall and the surrounding area.

I hope that will suffice . You're incredibly talented Aanker, great idea with this comic!
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Intriguing, a very good continuation!

And thank you!

Patrician Citizen

Very nice Aanker !
    Once again, it's excellent

STRIP IV (script by Katsumoto)

I'm getting an Indiana Jones feeling here, splendid script once again.

And it is thus cedric37's turn!

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast