Thread: HEY! Script problem

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

Icon4 HEY! Script problem

I get this error when trying to launch anything using Rome.exe

then I notice in my RTW data folder, Items folder has been overwritten by all LOTR stuff and I'm like wtf, that shouldn't have anything to do with Vanilla files or even Rome itself cuz its on Alexander

Now i cant play anything to do with Rome.exe cept for maybe anything that doesn't involve a vanilla file in ITEMS folder.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: HEY! Script problem

As far as I know the mod doesnt change anything in the vanilla game. You can even have other mods installed altogether and it will work so I dont know why you are having this problem.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

reinstall the whole

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

lotr-tw 2.08 installer do install some files in vanilla folders, but it does not overwrite any original file.

A clean RTW installation do not include any ITEMS folder, since the original files are packed into the PACKS folder. The lotrtw installer uses to create a new ITEMS folder, but it should not overwrite any file if there is already a folder with that name, it just copies the new files.

The whole list of vanilla folders where lotr-tw 2.08 installer places files is:
    Data\ITEMS
    Data\models_building
    Data\settlement_plans
    Data\vegetation

I'm almost sure those lotr-tw files do not interfere to vanilla RTW, but you may try to rename the ITEMS folder to anything else, and to test vanilla RTW again. Just in case the new ITEMS folder stops RTW from reading the original files in the pack.

ruthless's Avatar Semisalis

i don't even have the old "items" folder anymore I think, It's just the "ITEMS" with lotrtw stuff in it.

It is what I try to say, it does not exist an old "Items" folder, the "ITEMS" folder is created by lotr-tw installer.
    That is why I suggest you to rename it temporary to something else and to test again vanilla RTW, just in case the presence of this new folder could be affecting vanilla RTW someway.
    Remember to restore the folder name to play lotr-tw again.

Personally, I have played RTW with lotr-tw installed and I never noticed any issue.
    Last edited by Bardo; November 02, 2010 at 07:55 PM.

Perhaps there was a previous mod installed over the original RTW, which was using the items folder and that's causing the problem now, cause the folder has changed...
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free