Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Installing BC onto Steam

Default Re: Installing BC onto Steam

Ok nvm that part, I installed all 3 in the Broken Crescent folder.

I followed all the instruction for the Steam Launcher, I play the game I see the BC screen then it CTD... Did i do something wrong??

wudang_clown where are you??

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Sorry.

You have to find Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\logs directory, there's bc_log.txt and you have to pack it as .zip or .rar and post it here as an attachement. I'll see what's inside.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Sorry.

You have to find Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\logs directory, there's bc_log.txt and you have to pack it as .zip or .rar and post it here as an attachement. I'll see what's inside.
    I finally got it to work! amazing mod, have been playing it for the last 2 hours!

When I tried to launch the game using KLEA, I got an error "Medieval 2 total war has encountered a fatal error and will now close". Im like oh man here we go again, then I launched the mod without KLEA and it worked !

Thanks for all your help, I know I got annoying after like the 11th question lol but I appreciate you responding back.

Can I uninstall M2TW or do I need it to run the Kingdoms Expansion??

Also one last question, why cant I put cheats "add_population and "process_cq" ? It's no big deal, just wondering

No problem, Nenok, it's good you've finally launched it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenok View Post
    Can I uninstall M2TW or do I need it to run the Kingdoms Expansion??
    Yes, you need M2TW to run Kingdoms Expansion, as Kingdoms is just an expansion of M2TW, not standalone game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenok View Post
    Also one last question, why cant I put cheats "add_population and "process_cq" ? It's no big deal, just wondering
    You mean, in command console? You probably entered a command incorrectly.

How does it work with patch 2.3.2 and 2.3.2.2 exactly. Should I first copy/paste all files of both patches into steam pathway and then run the kingdoms launcher or first install 2.3 run the launcher and then paste the files of both patches?

I'm not sure, so paste all the files first, and then run the launcher. Most likely it doesn't matter, but do so just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    I'm not sure, so paste all the files first, and then run the launcher. Most likely it doesn't matter, but do so just in case.
    Thank you very much!

So I have 2 problems.

First, unit cards are all the same for all factions. This http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=148956527
    (Pic from Kushite, too lazy to get my own right now)
    Next, I get ctd everytime I try to load a battle in custom games and campaign.
    BC v2.3.2 Any help maybe?

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me out, it doesnt seem like many people are having the same problem I am and so I thought i might sign up and ask because BC looks great and Id really like to give it go.

I have installed and patched BC to 2.3.2.2 with the quickfix and I have changed and correctly pathed the launcher to include BC using that nifty tool. However, everytime I launch it I get a steam error saying the app is already running. I followed steams instructions regarding the error and deleted the "appcache" folder and restarted my computer. I also tried deleting the launcher.exe but i still get the same message.

I would like to clarify though, that the launcher appears normally and without issues. It does not connect to the internet though, and the error appears after i select BC from the list that drops down from the "play" button.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys! I would be truly grateful if someone could offer me some help concerning the installation of BC 2.3. I am running windows 7 and BC 2.0 (thanks to GGM) works perfectly. Could you please confirm if the target pathway C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\ for BC 2.3 is indeed this one because when the installation of BC 2.3 is finished and I open KLEA I cannot locate the path brocken_crescent_kingdoms. Therefore, I am wondering if the target pathway is correct for everyone since when the install shield asks me where I would like to install BC 2.3 it has as a first choice this folder C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\Broken_Crescent\brocken_crescent. Thank you very much in advance.

Maybe somebody can let me know if Im doing things right....

First post of this thread says to Install each part (in order) of BC2.3 to the following target pathway.
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\

Unfortunalty, my steam app and all the games are located C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms

Am I screwed here? This,from what I understand is the default place that steam installs games

Hopefully this works out....

Edit: It's working!
    Last edited by Friedrich Ironhide; January 04, 2014 at 08:35 AM.

Still having problems trying to get it to work. I get the error popup "Medieval 2: Total War has stopped working and will now exit."

I did the installation down to the letter...and I am still not sure what is wrong...

The Great War Mod for NTW!

I have been having trouble getting Broken Crescent to load, I installed it via the steam pathway and I used the kingdoms launcher to no avail, it simply gives me a box that says the Kingdoms.exe cannot be found. My game is version 1.51 and Broken Crescent is version 2.3. I installed it exactly as it says steam/steamapps/common/medieval 2/mods and I have tried this several times but the end result is the same.

Installed in my steam M2TW mod folder and then used the kingdom launch editor, but I keep getting kingdoms.exe cannot be found when I click the icon on my desktop. Checked to see if any folders were installed inside the mod folder and that's not the case. No idea on what I'm doing wrong. Trying to launch form the batch file in my folder but it says the same thing. Can I please get some help here? I'm frustrated.

Update:
    I renmaed the folder to crusades and renamed my crusades folder to something else and launched it from steam and now I'm playing Broken Crescent like a boss.
    Last edited by Funnage; August 30, 2014 at 07:31 PM.

I have problem with the mod. When i try to enter any battle (quick battle, custom, campaign), my game crush. I made the mod works (both options - renaming the exe file to kingdoms or in launcher to medieval2.exe // renaming in mods folder crusaders to broken crescent) but it is unplayable if i cant battle enter the battle itself .

KingdomsLauncherApp does not work, launcher is not working either. I will just dl non-steam pirate and play this way? Help.

Oh and the log
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

21:54:23.036 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE221:54:23.037 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===21:54:23.040 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack21:54:23.041 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack21:54:23.043 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack21:54:23.044 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack21:54:23.045 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack21:54:23.045 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack21:54:25.678 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT21:54:25.679 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE21:54:25.681 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE21:54:25.687 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE21:54:25.687 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT21:54:25.688 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT21:54:27.314 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.315 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.319 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.320 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.321 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.321 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.322 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.323 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.338 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.339 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.344 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.345 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.346 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.346 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.347 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.348 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.352 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.352 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.355 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.355 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.356 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.356 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.357 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.357 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.364 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/african/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.365 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/african/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.371 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/african/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.371 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/african/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.372 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/african/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.373 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/african/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.374 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/african/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.374 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/african/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists21:54:27.501 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/raj.tga21:54:27.503 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga21:54:27.503 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga21:54:29.583 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing21:54:29.583 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing21:54:30.773 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing21:54:31.889 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing21:54:31.902 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing21:54:31.902 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing21:54:31.967 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing21:54:32.198 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing21:54:32.224 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/FE_TEXTURE_AISA.TGA is missing21:54:32.240 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing21:54:33.339 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing21:54:33.350 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing21:54:33.350 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing21:54:33.351 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing21:54:33.351 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing21:54:33.351 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing21:54:33.351 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing21:54:33.351 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing21:54:33.351 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing21:54:33.352 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing21:54:33.352 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing21:54:40.429 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing21:54:40.886 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing21:54:40.887 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing21:54:42.157 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_effects/building_fire_glow.cas is missing21:54:42.157 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_engine/heavy_onager_torches.cas is missing21:54:42.261 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/crusades/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing21:54:45.419 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_oil_effect.txt is missing21:54:45.419 [system.io] [warning] open: data/descr_fire_texture_list.txt is missing21:54:45.935 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#al_outline.tga.dds is missing21:54:46.088 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/makuria/makuria_knights_lancers_lod0.mesh is missing21:54:46.290 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War napotka

Hi is the Missing Text Files at the bottom of this post still at the bottom of this post? as I cannot find them. cheers

Irakli_1987's Avatar Libertus

ok Guys Just have bought kingdoms from the Steam. installed BC .. but when i try to launch it tells me that it ,,cant find Kingdoms.exe '' when i rename my broken crescent name into americas , than steam lets me play, but units and flags and almost everything is messed up. pls tell me if im losing time vain, if this problem isnt fixable ... coz i read entire day about this error and cant fix it anyway !!!
    The Kingdom Of Georgia

Irakli_1987's Avatar Libertus

P.S ive installed game ( BC 2.3) in D/MTW\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods..... ive patched it an replaced the quickfix ...
    The Kingdom Of Georgia

Irakli, I don't know exactly what you have done, but do not rename BC as americas. It can't work like that.

All what you need is : Go into your file D/MTW\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War
    , copy paste your medieval.exe and rename the copy as kingdoms.exe

after that it should work now with the launcher.bat you can found in the
    Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_Kingdoms2.4