Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Conqistador's Works - GREEK GENERAL AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Conqistador's Works

Excellent work!!!! Sory busy changing nappies at present,grrrrrrrrrrrr. First baby so busy in RL.

units are not too bad but hoplon size is too small in all models

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    units are not too bad but hoplon size is too small in all models

But tenerife, can you tell me why it is "too small"? It covers the entire body till the greaves...
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Sweet hoplite conquistador, another good work from you!

Valkar's Avatar Senator

Clikedy Click on your sig, saw you had new units
    Awesome work! + Rep

Thery good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davyjones View Post
    I really like the skin, but the helmet needs improvements
    I think that the details are very good for Rome engine not need increase more, is preferable to see high contrasts rather than too many details +rep
    Forums:............freeforumzone - mtwitalia - twcenter
    Works:.....worldcollision file - ModelReferencePoints files - MaxScript Building Editor
    Other:.............siege-engine(video) - new-animations(video) - buildings
    Have to take the money where it is: at the poor. They have little, but they are many. Alphonse Allais

Thank you all, folks! Got a halt because of the return to college.

can i ask what mods use this awesome works !?!..
    if there is a units pack, would you release it ?!
    also i hope to see awesome works for the other factions
    last but not least +rep it is stunning work

Proud To Be Orthodox Christian

Quote Originally Posted by palatinae View Post
    can i ask what mods use this awesome works !?!..
    if there is a units pack, would you release it ?!
    also i hope to see awesome works for the other factions
    last but not least +rep it is stunning work

Palatinae, my initial target is to make a greek-cities revamp pack, but yet there is some work to do, as you can see the pack is incomplete... with the fall back to collegium my time was drained out and this project is halted for a while. I hope to come back with it as soon as i have the time. I'll release the pack for download only after i finnish it. And then, who knows? Maybe i'll move to M2TW modelling... but not before finnishing this. Glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Conqistador View Post
    But tenerife, can you tell me why it is "too small"? It covers the entire body till the greaves...
    http://s51.radikal.ru/i134/1108/73/293c4ad72ee6.jpg
    This is the RIGHT hoplon size...check out some of the best reenactors Koryvantes in google or ancient hoplitikon of melbourne. man the hoplon covers from your mouth to your knee more or less

Your hoplon size are too small and I think you don´t got the right animation for hoplites fs_s1_hoplite either....

Thanks for the info, when i get back to this pack i'll change this. And i'm using eb's hoplite animation in the renders.

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Excellent Work Conqistador! i love the Silver Athenian hoplite out them all ;D

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

I like your models,they are very,very good!!!....Are you still working on them?

Yes, as i said, it is on a halt for now becoz of RL, but as soon as i have time i'll continue it! Thanks lads!

Question-Why does every second spear unit(hoplite) hold their spear like they are going to throw it(I saw that in some other skins to)?...I played Europa Barbarorum and fought against hoplites,but I don't get what is the point of that?.To stabb the enemy from above?..Hoplites never fough like that.They had huge hoplons (as Tenerife Boy said-"from lips to the knees") to push off the enemy and the stabb them!.So it is better that they have huge hoplons and be given the shield wall ability like in-Rome total realism.

medievaldude's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    Question-Why does every second spear unit(hoplite) hold their spear like they are going to throw it(I saw that in some other skins to)?...I played Europa Barbarorum and fought against hoplites,but I don't get what is the point of that?.To stabb the enemy from above?..Hoplites never fough like that.They had huge hoplons (as Tenerife Boy said-"from lips to the knees") to push off the enemy and the stabb them!.So it is better that they have huge hoplons and be given the shield wall ability like in-Rome total realism.
    Hoplites did fight with over-arm with their dory, the tight unit-operated phalanx collided with another you can't use under-arm as the hoplon and greaves enclosed the body from any weapon. But as Over arm you can a thrust the weak points, and try to find an opening with the over-arm and hoplon combination. Over-arm is quite useful in close-combat 0____0 compared to underarm ;U and with over-arm you can kill the man in the second rank of the phalanx as usually men in the first rank would be just shoving around :U

Hoplites never fough like that.
    maybe go re-read your textbooks

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JDLTLOCT

here download this small microsoft.doc clearly explains the over-arm use
    Last edited by medievaldude; August 04, 2011 at 09:09 PM.

Ductus Exemplo
    Fas est et ab hoste doceri !
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.
    Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.

I read it.Thank you!

The only place where i saw them fight is in movie 300(mybe sad but yes)and in many other places,but not those with the short spear(like in 300),only those with the sarissa.Sorry for the mistake.Explain me something else so I can finali understand it.

Those units with the sarrisa are also hoplites? but their standard weapon(spera-xyston) was replaced with the longer sarissa?

The spear in most eras of warefare was more of a slashing tool, ment to rip and tear, weaken the enmy down for the final assault with a sword. The spears are designed for breaching an enemies defenses and causing flesh wounds and causing demoralization on that way out of the enemies zone of control. The spear has never been a finishing weapon, It is more of a stand off tool.
    DHS
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No, it's not an sarissa, it's the 8ft hoplitic spear. It was an mistake of mine, but i'll replace the shorter spears with the longer ones, because they are the correct. The shorter ones are too short to be a hoplite's weapon. Sarissas are even longer than it.
    Last edited by Conqistador; August 05, 2011 at 02:45 PM.

A spear is a spear, no matter what you call it.

DHS
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]