Thread: Lost skins in Barbarian Invasion Expansion

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Default Lost skins in Barbarian Invasion Expansion

Ok.I dont think anyone will be interested in this,but before some months i discovered (im pretty sure someone else discovered them before me)some lost skins for all factions.Most of them (if not all) are captains,officers and generals.I think i found a standard bearer for saxons too .Anyways when i used them they were in pretty good shape.I can say my favorite skin was one with a saxon mask,like the Sutton Hoo helmet.It was awesome ! I hope some people will found some interest in these skins ! I would like to see them in a vanilla mod for BI Maybe a modder has already used them (probably yes).

Default Re: Lost skins in Barbarian Invasion Expansion

I hope someone will get interested in this.I think some people still play this awesome game .

hello crazyroman, you talk about old models. These models are 400, 300, 200 not high , medium or low. I dont know in BI but in Rome 1 , may you find these models and open them, if when you open the model the program crash, just look another model, the greeks for example, when you open the captain the model is bad, but if you open the model of companion cavalry you have the same body, only with another head and without shoulder pads.

So you should open the models , look their bodies and try make new body. Be carefull with the Modifier skin

If you dont understand, dont worry, i will upload a video where i explain it. The problem is , it will be in spanish, but i think if you see the video you may understand

Hey nahun.Im talking about textures/skins.They can be found in bi/data/models_unit/textures.Unfortunately i dont have a program so i can edit models and i dont have any experience at all with models .

i don't understand well. Dont you have any program for modeling or dont you have any program for changing textures?

what do you want exactly?

I dont know how to edit models.I dont have any experience at all.About textures i dont know anything expect recoloring-changing the colors in some parts of the texture.I didnt want to do anything,i just thought it was a good idea to post to the forums the existence of these unused textures.I checked them some months ago and they were alright,expect some very small problems.To be fair im thinking about releasing a very small modification that will add all those textures in the game.But not now.
    Last edited by crazyroman; August 10, 2017 at 03:33 AM.

ah ok, good luck then