Thread: New building models - how to add in game?

vyrille's Avatar Libertus

Default New building models - how to add in game?

greetings to whoever RTW modders are still around. I recently decided to try my hand on building editing in RTW. i read the tutorials and followed them to the letter. but im encountering a problem...
    so what i did:
    1. put entries in data/models_buildings/[*my buildings].CAS, and textures in the textures folder
    2. added entries for the new buildings in data/descr_settlement_plan.txt
    3. added entries in data/text/building_battle.txt
    4. added entries in descr_building_battle (note i didn't touch the "transition" part, i opted to use vanilla transitions for the moment)
    5. added entries in descr_items, deleted descr_items.DB (which was in vanilla folder, as i did not have this file in my modfolder)
    ran the game. i was expecting the descr_items.DB file to be regenerated but no go.
    Error message read: "script error in [modfolder]/data/descr_items...include file not found in data/descr_items/di_spot_items"

What i understood was it was looking for the di_spot text file which was supposed to be in vanilla data/descr_items. However i couldnt find this file in the normal game directory or the pak extracted one. So how exactly do i generate a new descr_items DB file? or am i doing the entire thing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated

Default Re: New building models - how to add in game?

I have the same problem. I just can't find any editor. Those files are not in the descr_items folder of the vanilla rome total war. If anyone knows the solution, please help.
    [NOTE] Unfortunately a lot of files on the forums can't be downloaded anymore. Please people update your download links