Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mod is too bloody

Default Mod is too bloody

Infantry in this mod are too accurate seing as they can snipe other regiments with no problem. It makes no sense that factors such as stress and etcetera are not counted in. Theres no such thing as maneuvering cause you get sniped real bad even when crouched.

Default Re: Mod is too bloody

Yes and whole (all men in) batalions/regiments firing. Only those in front would fire also real rate of fire on the battlefield wasnt so rapid.

But mod authors know better.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well if we are going to argue realism then we may as well say its unrealistic due to planes not being buildable.

Obviously you have game balances that need to be done, but this must be for better gameplay not more realism. Why should cavalry gain a upperhand when they didn't.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

last time I checked this was a world war one game,there are no rules on the battle field kill or be killed,as far as accuracy,your either going to hit your target or not they used bullets not muskets, and last time i checked there was no fire by rank in this war every man shot when they saw the enemy.to me this is what makes this game great the kill rate and firing speed.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

I think the whole thing that makes the mod feel like World War I, at least in the current release, is the sheer mayhem on the battlefield. As kenniston5 said, without the all-rank fire, high rate of fire etc., it would be more like some form of Napoleonic mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Its nothing like wwI, if you want to see how battles on open plains and we see this kind of battles in the mod research opening battles of the war like battle of Marne.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

There are 2 options. Make it like NTW rank fire. (In a WW1 mod.....). Or have it as every unit firing when they get a line of sight on the enemy. As it was.

("Oh look I have an sight of that enemy, and I can aim at him, but I wont fire because of some reason yet to be established..")

Niether will be historicaly accurate down to a tee.

We chose the most realistic we could, and by far the most fun.

I could honestly give two hoots about historical accuracy if it impeeds on the whole point of a game, fun.

No way in hell are we having rank fire in a WW1 mod. No ing way.

Lol rank of fire would be kinda retarded but still if 100% of batalions can fire maby reduce reload by half or acecuracy? They are too high anyway

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Wont decrease accuracy. What i can do is increase the calibration target area of small arms.

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Hedge Knight View Post
    Wont decrease accuracy. What i can do is increase the calibration target area of small arms.
    What is this? I was in the process of making new rifle projectiles.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Piledriver2311's Avatar Semisalis

The problem with why people dont think this mod is accurate is documentaries and movies made on ww1 reflect the not so succesful battles, I feel the modders have done a great job, and have added many more things in the game to look out for on the battlefield. This game encompases the type of warefare featured early in the war, and warfare on the eastern front quite well. 100% accuracy doesn't always make a good game. I suggest you try to find a better ww1 game, but in my opinion this is the best by far.

From the very first time I fixed my eyes on youuu girl... My heart says follow through..
    TGW BETA TESTER? TGW REASERCH GUY

Quote Originally Posted by FilipVonZietek View Post
    Its nothing like wwI, if you want to see how battles on open plains and we see this kind of battles in the mod research opening battles of the war like battle of Marne.
    Oh... *Insert swear word* off.

If you don't like how the mod plays then modify your own game. Jesus Christ.

When you go from suggesting to downgrading then your opinion becomes none caring to others.

Quite simply; no.

In addition to all the other responses, I'll say that the accuracy is about right. The rifles of the time were extremely accurate. With regards to firing rate, this mod probably actually does not portray the speed of shooting which was in fact higher. Remember, these rifles were bolt action and some had clips too. (Obviously there won't be an increase in firing rate as gameplay always has to be in mind first)

How the do you think so many people died in the war? Remember this mod is meant to be to scale with the killing that occurred in WW1.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Check how many men died per day during the battle of somme. I can kill that many in 10 minutes with your mod.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Then again, we wouldn't want a battle to take a day, would we? Or a month, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Also remember that a campaign turn is 2 weeks not a single day...

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Check how many men died per day during the battle of somme. I can kill that many in 10 minutes with your mod.

ahem just to remind you its a game..so yeah, besides as someone said earlier the guns are rifles with rifling hence the name, of course they are bloody accurate

[WOOOT 1,000 post benchmark]

Last edited by gaunty14; October 31, 2010 at 06:51 AM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Lol I cant believe someone is trying to argue about killing rate when it was how many million died in this war?

It would take more than 1000 of my average battles of 20,000 troops to actually portray the deaths of the war properly. Being that every turn isn't a week and that a battle is not something that lasts about 10+ hours like it did in real life then I think this concludes the argument. Obviously you don't no much about war and can't comprehend the scale of what the battles were like. This isn't call of duty where you have special forces taking out armies. This is every day people who were told to fight against each other.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

60,000 dead in 10 minutes, 'ay.

I'd say about 2 minutes per battle. Thats about 12,000 men per battle. 5 Battles.

I'd say you could get on average 5 engagements every turn in the game. Thats 60,000 dead, each week.

The war lasted around 210 weeks, with about 10 million military dead, thats about 50,000 per week.

I think FilipVonZietek has done nothing but prove the accuracy of our mod, when compared with historical death figures.
    Last edited by .Mitch.; October 31, 2010 at 09:02 AM.

Well first you have to remember that there is no wounded men in Napoleon Total War. Second you should keep in mind that those you gun down in the game may not be 'dead' and are instead just incapacitated. Thirdly a lot more men were casualties in WW1 than actually died. I mean you have about 9,911,000 killed, 7,750,000 missing and 21,219,500 wounded. Now add those together and you have a lot of casualties.

Next i wanna say that those killed on the Somme in the First Day (Including my Great, Great Uncle) were about 19,240 dead and also 35,493 wounded, 2,152 missing and 585 captured and that most of these casualties occurred before noon on the first day. So i doubt you could kill that may in 10 minutes. The lag alone would set you back a lot.
    Art //

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast