Thread: Script Activated- But cannot save game during Macedon Campaign

Lil Jazzer's Avatar Civis

Default Script Activated- But cannot save game during Macedon Campaign

Hey guys,
    Yesterday I spent around 2 hours on skype with Paedric (+rep to him) to get my RS2 too work with steam etc. And what I find when I wake up next morning, no save option when I try out a Macedonian Campaign (I had previously begun a Roman Campaign), I have entered the script in the launch options in steam, down checks to see if everything was working as was instructed by Paedric, but I still cannot find any reason why it refuses to work. The save button/load is greyed out, even when I clicked on the building and advisor to activate the script . Any ideas guys? Help would be much appreciated.
    "...the cannons thundered in accord to many a men crossing, flag in array, musket erect... the glory of war."

-A passage from a personal Ode

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Script Activated- But cannot save game during Macedon Campaign

I had the same problem (though I wasn't using the steam version). In the end I found a solution that works on here somewhere (can't remember where, or I'd post a link).

What you need to do is go into the relevant campaign folder (in your case Play_macedon) and delete both the preferences and saves folders. The, you must also delete the preference folder from within the Rome - Total war folder (assuming its the same for steam as for non steam). Then start up a campaign and play a turn before changing any preference/graphics settings. After that, you can go and change whatever you want and start up a new campaign with these settings.

Hope that works, it was the only solution that works for me. I guess its just the mod getting confused between the RTW and RS scripts that causes it. The game will make new ones anyway, so you won't ruin anything by deleting the folders.
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Lil Jazzer's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1988 View Post
    I had the same problem (though I wasn't using the steam version). In the end I found a solution that works on here somewhere (can't remember where, or I'd post a link).

What you need to do is go into the relevant campaign folder (in your case Play_macedon) and delete both the preferences and saves folders. The, you must also delete the preference folder from within the Rome - Total war folder (assuming its the same for steam as for non steam). Then start up a campaign and play a turn before changing any preference/graphics settings. After that, you can go and change whatever you want and start up a new campaign with these settings.

Hope that works, it was the only solution that works for me. I guess its just the mod getting confused between the RTW and RS scripts that causes it. The game will make new ones anyway, so you won't ruin anything by deleting the folders.
    Thanks alot mate, sorry for the long reply, it's just now I have had time to check, had to go back a few pages on the tech . +rep to you and thanks!
    "...the cannons thundered in accord to many a men crossing, flag in array, musket erect... the glory of war."

-A passage from a personal Ode

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Resolved & closed

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here