Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [XC-AAR] CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Season III OMG SEASON 3-Page 23 start

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: [XC-AAR] CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

An AARtist? having a life? What is this utter nonsense?!?

when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Your choice:

The Best Is Yet To Come:

Your next AAR should totally be the Seleucids evacuating almost all of their cities and doing a pompous road trip to Gaul and Back again.

Maybe I should do a "StealthEvo edition" where they can horde
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Finish this challenge first and we shall see
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

MkdRanger's Avatar Tiro

u should do as sarmatia and take them to iberia or england

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

Day five; What comes up. Must eventually take some more drugs to stay up! Come downs suck.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Whats happening Forum. Sorry for the delay. But a brothers gotta work for some sweet sweet mulah that gets spent mostly on train fares getting to and from my work. But this Brother is back with a VENGANCE. Which unfortunatly prooved fruitless.

But on request. We iz getting Gaulish Warrior!

We have had a few guesses on who our magical Rep Knight of awesome is. I don't think it's Sith Max sorry. We're cool. I don't think he'd have any problems saying he'd rep me.

Fan MAIL!!!!

u should do as sarmatia and take them to iberia or england
    Tempting. But thats actually quite easy. Horse Archers and Cav against barbarian factions. Thats just asking for a steam rolling. Plus the culture and religion penalties don't even come into consideration. If you took the Arabs and did that. Things would be MUCH more interesting. Plus getting up there is interesting as well.

Lessons learnt.

Pain.....

Right.

So last time. We were here:Everything was poised for a fast efficent swamping of the border territories. Bazza and Catus were ready and rearing to go on their next conquests.

But as I clicked the next turn. Catus was struck down by rioting. Oh the indignation. This meant that any battles I would undertake with this army would be INCREDIBLY fragile to morale hits. Due to the eastern spearmen units I've been using down south.

He was childless as well. So no awesome offspring will arise to avenge his fathers broken spirit and lead his army to an awesome victory.

So with that bitter taste in my mouth I quickly push for Merv. Simple unit, General and a unit of Thorkies. Pretty standard. This guy is also the faction heir. So it's a double sweet spot

CATUS YOU HAVE BEEN AVENGED!

I decided to flex my Awesome muscles. If the army that Catus led was that bad ass. Then a simple battle with the Ai should be a fairly simple affair right?

Pretty bad ass army. Those Persian Heavy Cav look sexy

After taking one or two volleys from the Thorkies and a charge from the Heavy Cav (which should have gone awesome for me) My elephants decided to die and my line was quickly broken as the cav came chasing after the rest of my boys. So the southern battle front was now clogged and stagnent due a few units remaining and no family members within quick re-enforcement. I'm going to have to get creative...

Now due to my inability to take a screen shot. This was an attempted push north. But a double stack attacked Bactra from the South. So I pulled the stack in shot back to Merv. Took Bazza to defend Bactra again hoping that something awesome would come out of it. The only difference is that I had no Bactran Infantry in the stack (the entire Rushing to save the king stack is the unit box.

Bazza beaten for the second time....This was not a good turn...

So we'll end it here. Partly because i've run out of space on my C drive for more screenshots for the time being and secondly because I need some time to collect my thoughts and figure out a way to claw back some time and land. But I leave with you the siege (again) of Bactra, with no elephants and barely 150 men.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Crap, my song backstabbed you
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

And the Seleucid armies came... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW1Uc-grcMs&feature=fvw

Looks like you'll have to consolidate for a while, colonizing a settlement close to the steppes would allow you to train some actual heavy infantry or at least druids to keep your army morale into decent levels.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I can train Druids in the central Settlements. Just all my generals barring Bazza and a recently acquired adoptee are getting old. Meaning. I'm havng to leave quite a few settlement on auto manage. Which means for any kind of decent money I need a garrison commander. Yes it's easy enough to build some recruitable ones. But they don't add to the tree unless they earn the right. So i'm going to have keep plugging away and make sure that I can get a decent quality Cav force from Bactra (through Aux barracks) and take it from there. Just need to save it first ;p

Ouch, looks like the Seleucids are finally biting back.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

This AAR is aweso... I mean, crap. Almost as if you were compensating for something. Thou shall never get my rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!

Day six; I know not everybody has got a body like me

Whats happening Forum. Things have been slow due to my life taking off. BUT STILL THE NIGHT GOES ON.

THIS IS GOING TO BE LEGEND- wait for it....Wait for it and I hope your not Lactose Intolerant because it's DAIRY!!!!

Tune of the day....Gotta have some faith right?

FAN MAILLLLLAYEH!!!!

This AAR is aweso... I mean, crap. Almost as if you were compensating for something. Thou shall never get my rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This means he wants my babies people

Ouch, looks like the Seleucids are finally biting back.
    Yup

Crap, my song backstabbed you
    Yours dead to me (j/k)

Right...So last time we were here! Having experienced the Turn from hell and dreading hitting that End of turn button and with Bazza beaten and the Southern Border grinding to a halt faster then a fat dude eating a buffet. Things were not looking up for the Land of Awesome. But this has to be done...

My finances are TERRIBLE!!! This was also after losing the two biggest armies I own. I should really address that Corruption thing. But I think I didn't read the AI trade right deals very well. I think I owe people money...

So picking up some extra Bactrian Infantry Bazze decided to try again.

King of Awesome rides in from the Flank to take the win. I did NOT kill any of their generals this time. Not good. These guys are like roaches...Twice as annoying as well

Hey look who it is. The world tour continues!

Bazza pushing north with a skeleton force hoping to crush the Seleucids generals and give my Northern empire a brief respite

Picked up some Horse Archers. More the Merrier. Always need Horse Archers MOAR

SO they come for a rematch. Double team style

Crushed again. Bazza is not having a good few years. But he walked away with his life pretty much intact.

Pushing some needed men to the Southern Border. When I was attacked by the Plucky Ai again. I've had worse odds!

Crushed again. AND I LOST MAH FAMS!!!!! sake. I need better men. Yes I know I need druids...

I use another adopted Fam to push to the south. This time with Two units of Horse Archers (no moar elephants. Don't have the income to buy them atm. Can't wait either. Don't have the time to wait. Charax is in danger!

Third time Lucky for Bazza....

Took them to school this time

Ganked Nasty stack as well. So being awesome and being Gaulish. I stand and fight. However given my luck in recent turns and with no elephants I'm not feeling lucky.

HUZZAH!!! This new guy is sexy. Almost as Sexy as me

But the Selecuids sensing my awesome. Decide to crash the party. So being Awesome and Being Gaulish. I hit retreat and hope they don't chase me.

Bazza finally reaches his next target. Merv has large ass walls and is being re-enforced quick smart. I need more men to take it. For more men. I need more money. So extending trade routes is the best option.

CADE!!!!! RAWR Pushes through the weak stacks to break the siege of Charax (with a turn left) I auto resolved because I was tired and had no smokes left. He is a hero in the making. I sense good things...

So...Next turn. Will Cade now re-united with the Elephants be able to crush the Southern Area of the Seleucids and actually do what I need to do. Or will he fail.

Will Bazza have a turn where he doesn't loose a fight first before winning...

WILL ANY OF US DISCOVER THE MAGIC UNKNOWN REP KNIGHT.

Iunno. I aint ing psychic.

If you gotta have faith do it properly
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY6QXaKd0-A

Also, garrison level infantry should stay out of the battlefield unless your general has very good command or morale boosting traits, of course with the exception of chanting loonies to support them.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

These guys are like roaches...Twice as annoying as well

Yes. As in the Blattaria insect. You know the things that live in damp places and are neigh indestructable?

While I admire your faith in my Tact. We both know that if i want to take the piss I would have done it much more blunty

Actually, I don't have any personal experiences with other roaches - they don't live that far north.