Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: [XC-AAR] CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Season III OMG SEASON 3-Page 23 start

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [XC-AAR] CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Season II-Page 18 start

Mans got talent, Don't you forget it

Wait till Juvenal finds out why you've been skipping work

The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

This was the sole reason why I was taken on! He would be impressed not mad.

To keep my loving message visible.

To my luverlies. I wish you all an insane new years. And I leave you with an inspirational quote.

Imagine- Thats one thing im glad everyone has the ability to do, because of it, I have Ingenuity...

Imagine a world without sadness, pain and fear...Without Sadness there can be no joy, without pain there would be no love. And without fear there would no be hope. I would rather live in a world filled with heartache and loss, then exist in a paradise wherin there is nothing to fight for. It would be existing, not living.

Really love this AAR

lmt96's Avatar Tiro

More than 2 years ago and I still enjoy reading this stuff...Too bad you stopped the AAR :<
    Eagerly Awaiting Europa Barbarorum II !!!!

Challenge Accepted; Season III- Day 1 God gives you lemons. FIND A NEW GOD
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Required Tunage. BASTILLE!!!!

Well howdy there stranger. It seems like you've stumbled apon something magical. Something sexy. You have stumbled apon the season 3 premier of Challenge Accepted. What, you don't know what Challenge Accepted is...

well. It's awesome...It's the biggest thing to have come out of Total War Era's since ever. NOTHING is as big as Challenge Accepted. It's 3 years old and still kicking. It's like that cranky deranged uncle that everyone hates. But you can't help but being drawn to it. As it has it's way with your parents minibar.

Please be aware that according to international law I have to rate this A. For awesome.

So. If I remember. Last time I had just dealt with spain. I had decided in the interest of trying to beat the time date that I had set myself. 100 BC to be correct to not conquer the entirity of Spain and instead just capture what was needed. Well we are going to accelerate slightly to a full year after that fateful date.

The northern frontier is swimming in Romans. Only one army remains. sake.

BUT the stage is set for a strong push eastwards towards needed objectives on the continent before we can take on the powerhouse of Britan whom are undoubtedly super charged sop saiyans having been ignored by everyone FOR ING EVER

In a year, Berdic has died. The awe inspiring warrior whom was fated to save the world. Has died. Probably a good thing in all honesty. He was a coward and we don't have room for losing entire armies. Nor the money. Despite my best efforts there is simply NO MONEHIES left. Instead we have this epic fellow. Except he's old and in India where the large majority of my family actually is. Those awesome generals spend no time in towns so their sons get back to india. So he's useless execpt for his epic stats.

The heir is also in no where land. Interestingly he is from the least decorated side of the family. Only one faction leader from the entire line and he's posed to make it a second. Again decent stats which is what I need to keep everything ticking over. But for the time being no strong factional leaders on the front line, the first time in FOREVER

Berdic's son and his army are the only strong presence in the far north. His chariots and Cavalry have proved life savers in the campaign. Does he have what it takes to take his fathers legacy and hump it into submission. Hopefully.

North of Byzantine my needed territories are under heavy siege. No nearby forces to hold them off. Things are not good. Especially for Olbia. Which I need.

Now bearing in mind how long it had actually been since I had played this. I needed to re-acquaint myself with the situation. I did a scour for any family members and found two in Galatia. I quickly move them to Byzantium.

Pushing them north quickly in the same time to break a siege I was hoping it wasn't anything with spears. That would be a rage quit.

Easy prey for the two noobs.

Nice and quick pincer movement to end one siege. Like how it used to be.

I move them as north as possible to try add pressure the northern sieges. Hopefully with some luck I won't loose too much ground.

I have one more army in the far north. The veterans from the Iberian Campaign. These are battered men, the remains of Berdics forces. On a boat and within reach of nearby shores.

The theres the Jewish lads. The army from the Old world. ing sexy brothers. Led by Bazza's heretic grandson. Still they hold up the center border and will hopefully be able to link up so there is one border rather then three seperate ones.

A quick siege leads to the first captured city of the new season. Pretty simple affair really.

Berdics son facing a decent roman stack on a bridge. I have not had the best of luck on these maps. I don't think i've won a battle in these lands on a bridge to date. Nervous much.

They didn't move from their defensive line allowing me to force my horsemen and chariots across the bridge for devastating effect.

An easy victory for Berdic's son whom has always been sexy.

I dont actually know where this siege is taking place. But thats the Garrison!

Fighting on the walls is fierce.

I move everyone onto the walls in an effort to break these ers.

I finally broke one of those Urban Cohorts. The rest will soon follow.

I'm getting concerned. Theres only 7 minutes left and they are still ing fighting.

I lost. They were still fighting on the walls when we ran out of time. Only the auxillary remained and they held an ENTIRE army. sake, so not sexy

Second away fixture for the Southern army. Having picked up a mercenary horse unit they prepare to engage another 'even' battle

They shouldn't be standing so close to one another.

All three charges hit at once. CAAAAARUSHED!

Taking what ever men they could find I turn my attention north. This is where things get desperate.

The Persian pushes north as well.

Some more serious Roman resistance. I think that Berdics son has the worst luck. He's been constantly battered by these romans.

DAYUM those chariots and heavy cav are really life savers. I destroyed them. Everyone will kneel before MY DOOM!

I push for the settlement after that victory.

Nicely done.

Another easy siege.

It's something i'm noticing that through out the ENTIRE Roman conquest, the sieges are easily won. The garrisons have no strength to it.

WOAMAHGAWD. TWO VICTORY LOCATIONS. This is big. I can use these three provinces as a rest stop. They look easily takable too. It's like christmas and pub night combined.

Will they make it 3 for 3

Horse Rush!!!!

Sexy

Spending 10000k I fill up their army with needed heavy infantry. The battles are only going to get harder and Olbia needs all the help it can get.

Eep. Romans are on the recovery. This isn't good. I've been puching them in the kidney's as hard as I can and they have been able to recover!

Not only that but for the first time ever my military is on the downward swing. Not as much as the romans. But I can't get any more armies built. I have nothing. This is a race against time on all fronts. Only 28 more years to crush ENGERLAAAAAND

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Re: [XC-AAR] CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Season III OMG SEASON 3-Page 23 start

It's... It's... IT'S ALIVEEEEE!

It's great to have you back man!
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

debux's Avatar Senator

YES! YESYESYESYESYES!

I really thought it was going to be the typical "Is this thread still alive" post, but this was so awesome you made me get my ethernet cable to be able to load the pictures (internet is kinda crappy right now). But wow, this is so friggin' awesome! I can't say anything else but awesome!
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

I'm glad to be back. Next update has been played. Update, whenever. Might be two years. Might be tomorrow...

They should make an epic rap battle between you and the world.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Kleomenis's Avatar Semisalis

i enjoyed this sexy aar

I enjoyed it too. I still have the save file. Maybe one day. ONE DAY I will finish it.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Jesus, what a blast from the past.

Tiro

I believe that one day this AAR will be finished. 1 glorious day. It's so weird that this AAR is coming up on 7 years old.
    Historical aide for Divide et Impera (DeI). I'm not cool enough for image signatures.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Mother of all necroposting!
    That said... You could always try your hand at it!
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    Mother of all necroposting!
    That said... You could always try your hand at it!
    A 10 month turn around for the reply is always nice too :p. I just saw last night that you replied to this. Unfortunately I'm not a great AAR writer and with how spotty I am with playing RTW (always XC mind you, fantastic job you guys have done with this mod) I don't think I'd be a particularly great person to do it. It took me hours to do an update on my one and only AAR (EU4) and I got discouraged from finishing it due to the amount of time it took to prepare.
    Historical aide for Divide et Impera (DeI). I'm not cool enough for image signatures.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I'm sorry to hear that you got discouraged, Gilad. An AAR can be something which you take a long time to do. However, short updates are just as welcome as long ones. If you would like to talk more about AAR writing, you could ask questions on the chat thread in the Writers' Lounge or send a private message to a member of Writers' Study staff.