Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [XC-AAR] CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Season III OMG SEASON 3-Page 23 start

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default [XC-AAR] CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Season III OMG SEASON 3-Page 23 start

Ok, this is a campaign contest designed to both provide a showcase of the latest XC features as well as insights for bug-testing purposes.

Here are the rules:

1) Pick the gauls, horde in the first few turns, travel with your mighty stacks of doom all the way to Patala and settle yourself in India

2) You are allowed to sack settlements at will as well as recruit whatever units and mercs you feel before and during the horde travel but NOT to settle anywhere else

3) From your new starting point try and fullfill the faction objectives for the campaign

4) In order to keep this open and not too frustrating let's keep difficulty to M/M, reduced bonuses are suggested but not required

5) No cheating allowed other than toggle_fow

6) Lots of screenshots are welcome!

The first to reach the goal will win a surprise prize!*

*(don't expect cash of course but let's say the winner will leave a mark into the next XC)

So, who's up to it?
    In a small discussion earlier today Zarax brought up...Nostalgically that no one had bested his challenge since it's declaration in 2009. Naturally being me and being twice as awesome as Zarax. I yelled to the heavens themselves. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!

And here we are. So welcome to my latest AAR with only a splash of role playing. It's not that important. Whats important is that this is going be awesome and everyone is going to be OH NOEZ HE CAN"T but I say SCREW YOU GUYZ I HAVE THE RULEZ!!!

Anyways randomness out. I've just spent an hour getting into position and my sanity has been drained slightly. The deets.

Mod-Extended Cultures
    Difficulty N/N
    Aim. To WIN!!!!

Preamble. I'm an experienced player of the Eastern Provincal campaigns for XC namely Bactrica and Parithia. Whose strongest opponents are without a doubt The charming Selecuids. So what makes a Gaul migration so tough. They lack Morale of the above units, and the decent attack stats. But I have alot of tricks up my sleeve to even the fields and even make it plausible to fight the above factions. Which I will. After this post every entry will have a Stealthy Secret weapon for wars in the east. Little tips and tricks you might over look because your trying to play boring style

Onwards. Below is an image heavy diary of how I reached my target. Enjoy the commentary and wit. I will see you on the other side. If your feeling like listening to some tunes which I encourage for reading this AAR adds some feeling, some empathy to the experience. Paradise Lost. Hollywood Undead. Link=Right here

For those of you not familiar with the map. Move your mouse to the right side of the screen shotted mini map. Move your mouse down to the sea. Thats my target. Talk about a mission.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The below images in the second spoiler show the path to a hoarding old skool style. Empty the cities, and let the enemy take em. Unfortunatly they failed to take them all and had to give away one. To a pointlessy paranoid Germania. I'm giving you free land. Take it and run. Good fun this part. I still had a smile on my face...

WE IZ IN YOUR GAUL! HOARDING UP YOUR LANDS!

Gauls like to sightsee in near Venice like the rest of us. Note the lack of roadblocks...It's almost as if they want us to walk through this channel...

Theres always one that gets lost. This time it was intentional. He got the hump that we hadn't attacked Naissus and went to try go and scare the Sardicians

He got his way and the ENTIRE procession stopped to take a looksie at the Byzantines. Perhaps they were deciding to get in first and stop the Roman Empire from ever coming into fruition. Plus I was bored and thought it might have 12k laying around so I could at least have a clean treasury when I reached my target

It didn't. It had a paltry 4k laying around and because of some cunning Ai movement I had to take the LONG way around the first of many...I wasn't too impressed but I pressed on, the less attention I got from the Ai the more chance I would survive my journey. Zarax I hate you so badly...

This was a fun turn. All my family members ran out of supplies which means an army that relies purely on morale bonus's from generals having a -2 command and -4 morale hit meant that any battles would be touch and go. Then I remembered I had all my fams in one army. The majority of my hoard were safe.

I was struck by bad luck. The Selucid's wern't having me reaching my destination and in a shocking move blocked my men from coming near. I had to cut my way through them forcing me to leave one poor army behind and AND force the garrison script of key cities AKA Antioch to spawn with hard hitting units. While I had no intention of sacking the city. It's just giving the strongest starting empire MORE men. With silver chevrons...Great.

My hopes dying

My hopes dying again. This isn't good. Parthia being spawned means I'm going to have a competitor. As they always settle the area ABOVE where i'm going. Plus with them having a few turns advantage Things are not going to end well. Especially since it'll be a while before I can use any of the super secret weapons I need to even the odds. Not cool. But I didn't give up. No.

Third time not lucky. Again I trigged a garrison script. LOOK AT THAT!!! Bunch of Silver almost hastati level troops. I was almost ready to break down in tears. Plus i'd been at about 20 minutes and the will to live was slowly draining out of me. But no. I bravely pressed on. I was close. I could smell the Elephant poo.

8 turns down the road and this pops up. I feel a bit more moralized. They are as predicted a province or two above me. But there is light. That region is poor and surrounded by the Eastern Kingdoms (numidia coloured provinces) meaning I might be able to get a foothold

MY NEW HOME!!! Unfortunatly more people got lost and I think it's best if I regroup everyone near the province for safety incase the Eastern Kingdoms decide to try and kill me. Plus ALL my family members bar one is the far left stack. So i'd prefer it if they catch up. FYI there are traits regarding suppy lines (not supplies) that if you get too far from a home province you start losing a movement point bonus. Only applies for fams as it's a trait. Hence why they are lagging behind

4 turns and everyone is ready for the awesome take over and start of the INDO-GAULIC RAMPAGE!!!!!! I feel sorry for their governer. 2000 hungry sweaty gauls at my front step having run out of beer decades ago. Wouldn't want to be him right then. Oh well. Needless to say the party was impressive and short lived.

A favourable auto resolve considering the aforementioned morale loosing trait. LUCK IS WITH ME! But is it sexy enough to carry me through?

All my armies disbanded apart from one. I'm too scared to even look at the finance window but it's not good. But I have enough men and fams left to do some damage to the nearby provinces and start doing some serious damage. Then stablize. Not excatly the play style i'm used too. I turtle and huddle for safety. But i'm being forced to blitz due to my own ethics with sacking everyone in sight.

Travel by Stealth Airlanes.

4 Family members dead. 1 by old age. 3 in random bizzare situations that didn't make sense but were awesomely cool

1000 men decided to make babies with the locals near Thrace and stayed there for ever.

I now offically hate Zarax (in a loving way bro. We're cool) but could you have chosen a more innappropriate faction for me to trek across the ENTIRE game map. But it's on. Like donkey kong. Right now.
    Last edited by StealthEvo; June 23, 2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Many reasons too many to name

Default Re: [XC-AAR] CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Love it!

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

TIP: never, ever use your native units to face elephants, you'll waste them.
    Antiochius Soter could repel 20000 gauls with 16 elephants and I took good care to replicate that.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

G'WAN AND PWN IT UP. I may give this an attempt as well but with the ability to horde with BI i doubt it works. GL

Eles dies so fast to javelins.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    TIP: never, ever use your native units to face elephants, you'll waste them.
    Antiochius Soter could repel 20000 gauls with 16 elephants and I took good care to replicate that.
    You underestimate me.

May your swordsmen cut your opposition down like bushels.

That and pray you don't face kataphracts
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Day two: Bringing the OMFG AWESOME into Gaul.

Whats happening massed awe inspired readers. Stealth here bringing you another awesome, yet sexy enough you want to take it home and introduce it to your parents before popping the question after just one date; update to the most awesome AAR ever to grace the forums. Word.

Today we have adventures in India, Pay back those evil Selucids for garrisoning their towns, Find out that no matter where you are in the world. Fighting shirtless is totally awesome and the first two Stealths Super Sexy hints are revealed! It's going to be a good read, bring your big foam hands and beers and get comfy.

However before we begin there is some fan man mail that needs to be addressed; Click to read. I do encourage it

Love it!
    It loves you to and would go the extra mile, take you out for dinner, pay for desert and let you sleep in the next morning

G'WAN AND PWN IT UP. I may give this an attempt as well but with the ability to horde with BI i doubt it works. GL

Eles dies so fast to javelins.
    SAFE TINGS RIGHT NOAW!!!!!!! RIGHT NOAW!!!!!!!!

May your swordsmen cut your opposition down like bushels.

That and pray you don't face kataphracts
    Having fought hoard Kataphracts in mah recent Bactrica campaign. I'm not too scared. I haz teh powah!

Fan mail addressed and without further ado. Lets begin.

Tune for the day....Some airplanes

Right so if you remember the last charming update. We were here; Reached our new home. Settled in nicely and butchered the natives. OLD SKOOL STYLE! But where to go from here...

So naturally the first thing you look at. Would be the victory condidtions. Unfortunatly this brought tears to my eyes. Not of distress. No Of the sheer potential awesome that was about to be unleashed to the world. So a quick review. The 60 provinces isn't going to be hard part by any stretch of the imagination. The East and Grecian provinces have a boatload of land for the taking. I just gotta walk over again. It's the spread out campaign targets which means. I'll have to take over alot more then just 60 provinces. Plus I get to fight some tough opponents. Rome, Greece, Macedon Carthage, Selucia. Which normally wouldn't be a bad thing. Except thanks to the migration that have about 50 turns head start on me. A good set of provinces and a decent standing army. So i'm behind and being kicked in the balls. But ONWARDS

So 4 turns later to gather my lads and scout out potential Targets I settled apon Pura. For several reasons. They are not Parthia whom I am still peaceful with and don't have to fight their large hoard armies. I'm already at war with the Eastern Kingdoms so I only gain if I win and the borders are the Selucids. Who I am again at war with. Meaning I gain more money!

Touch and go with the victory. Still being plauged by hunger traits due to the time it took to get into the province and coupled with the experience deficit I thought I was going to loose that one despite them not having any Cav. But my lads pulled through. Didn't loose anyone too important either.

My Empire and check the City income. From -1k to above 0 for both provinces. Thats two kinds of sexy rght there.

The real profits were about a 6k swing in my favour incase your wondering So I was like YES I AM JEBUS and running around hitting small children when I realized this.

So with the objective still fresh in my mind. I already scouted out my next target. This is a key city for me. It's in a good position. Fairly rich and allows me to fight Parthia on two fronts. Very important when putting a sneak flank assult on their capital. It's about two turns walk away. So it's a good buffer zone from anyone else.

He died and my public order dropped! From 105 to 50. I was not amused. At all! Shows how awesome Gaulish man hoarding to india makes your generals. Beasts of men.

His replacement. In XC readme manual they always say. Have everything on 5 or else you die completely. Well I say NO U and let him come to power anyways. I can see that they were infact right with the 55% loss of public order. I had to bring my army from Pura to the captial quick smart

SUPER SEXY STEALTH HINT NUMBER 1!!!!

My first super sexy hint revolves around a recruitable body guard unit. As far as I'm aware (havn't checked) they don't get added to your family tree. Now the following are not just any recruitable general. These guys pretty much mop the floor with anything TSE throws at you. However like most recruitable gennyrals. Only 14 men per unit. On foot. But they have some surprisingly sexy bonuses. Bonus to pwn armour making them the mainstay cata killer. Once they've gotten bogged down in the mob of awesome of course. And they look fantastic. Mad props to Zarax for letting me to know these guys.

I Present. THE INDIAN LOCAL RAJAAAAAAAAAAH. Fire and forget literally. These guys are tough as nail.

Right so my new army of Indian recruits (the only thing I could build at the moment with my struggling treasury and only auxillary barracks to recruit from. I decided to read over the challenge and no where did it say. Fight Gaul as Gaul. So I will probably fighting the Eastern front with how I fight with the Bactricians. Indian Roster, Eastern Mercs and Horse Archers. Three kinds of sexy. Unfortunatly at the moment all we have is the Indian troops. Cheap, good morale, Stats similar to the Gaullic roster but with better morale and longer ranged archers. Win Win.

Fighting my own brethen as well. True shame. But TEH sexy hoard must not be denied it's party palace. Namely Alexandropolis these are Gaulic Indians they want to get drunk and murder people.

Standard Gaullic gate rushing problems ensure quickly. Just like fighting in Europe. Everyones shirtless. It's pretty sexy

Helpful hint. If your in a bit of a bottle neck and need to push through. Send a valiant sacrifce to walk forward and they'll push the men away allowing for more of your men to get in and stab the distracted bad gaiz

Didn't work. They had Cav. And heavy general backed charging cav. They lasted two seconds before they all broke. I didn't recover...As I did not have Cav. Lesson Learnt. Bring twice as much Cav as your opponent.

Troubles brewing. The Selucids have decided that they were going to follow my migration and pay me back for giving them a free awesome army by destroying me with a mere fraction of it.

Their secret weapon...Stronger then anything I can field....Iz I screwed?

Oh noez...He has a general....

You might have guessed what my secret weapon was. Having a pair of eyes and looking at what was different from my crushing defeat to the awesome heroic victories.

SUPER SEXY STEALTH HINT NUMBER 2!!!!

Elephants are pretty awesome. They were awesome in Vanilla and they are awesome here. But theres more variety. They are only cripplingly weak to skirmishers. Meaning you need to give them alot of support and loving. But they are dirt cheap to pick up as mercenaries 32k a hit. Plenty are availible in Indian provinces and I only had to stop my carnage for two turns prior to buy them and tromp my way to a sexy win.

Round two with old Vayaspara. Awesome meets Sexy in a head on head battle of wills. But I have elephants. He doesn't.

No Elephants later I walk away the winner. Having had to struggle for every inch I crawled towards that flag. Hard fought battle but like I said those Rajah have teh power of 20 in their little fingers and because of him. I took the victory. Just...

My INDO-GAULIC EMPIRE OF AWESOME ReDuex. I have the provinces now to start really getting some money in.

And that is it for the moment. It's been real. Takes me about half an hour to upload the images. Because I have a dog slow internet connection.

Shout me some plans. Who do you want me to rub my awesome Gaulic empire against next. If I think you've come up with an insanely awesome plan. I might just do it.

However the provisional roadtrip turned drunken rampage will be looking east to take some coastal provinces before turning my bearded face of intoxicated rage to the Parthians. Who are looking suprirsingly nervous. Must have smelt the awesome leaking from my biceps.

This entry only took one whole pack of cigarettes. Thats fantastic encomy of scale. So if you'll all chip in a few quid here and there you get your entries faster.

Word. Stealth Out.

That's a pretty good start, I see you're using AOR wisely.

1 step done, 100 more to follow
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Nice! I'm a huge fan of migration campaigns but I don't like barbarian factions, especially in the late game so I didn't take up the challenge. So this is pretty awesome for me to read. Subscribed.

Usually I would say take the rest of India but since the Parthians are there I would leave them alone for a bit, just so that you have someone else to absorb all that thorakitai and silver shields the Seleucids will inevitably be throwing this way. Perhaps a bit of Arabia could help with your income as you expand westwards a bit later?

Are you planning on not using Gallic troops at all? Methinks later when you have higher-tier Gallic faction troops it would be awesome to see them fight side-by-side Baktrian horse archers and Indo-Hellenic hoplites.

To Zarax/Suppanut: Perhaps hordes should have supply work differently for them? Since a horde by definition has no neighbouring province, it seems unrealistic that they would be ravenous the whole way. I wonder if it could be tied to sacking settlements - realistically I would expect a horde that had just sacked a settlement to be, if not fully supplied, then at least not starving.
    Last edited by Publius Quirinus; October 30, 2010 at 07:34 AM.

Am I planning on using Gallic troops. Now thats a good question...

Like I said I've got experience on the eastern side of things with Parthia and Bactrica(sp) campaigns. So I'm well versed in the potency and specalist nature of the Eastern units. Plus in my normal campaigns. Even with the Romans. I do rely heavily on mercenary warfare. I dont like having alot of money. I dont know what to do with it.

I can't give you an answer to that question. At the moment. No. TSE, Parthia have units that while being similar attack and defence levels. Have FAR superior morale. Which really means I'm going to have invest in druids. Which given they take two turns to build. I'd rather just make use of local levies which are surprisingly effective, as I'll hopefully demonstrate in few updates. Theres some nasteh suprises lurking the jungle.

But the real strength of XC is that Zarax and Suppanaut have made a considerable effort to the AoR units. It would be a shame NOT to show them off

So in conclusion. Iunno. Maybe? When I get to thrace and Dacia I'll help myself to some falxmen just because they are hard hitting. Sorry if thats not answering your question. But thats the best I can do

Level per level morale is equal, what makes the difference is that most barbs are impetuous, which means that when they loose morale they will feel the hit in a stronger way.

Druids are an excellent way to stabilize your line and they should be an integral part of gallic armies, they will allow you to keep a cheaper anvil and invest the money on heavier hammers.
    Other than that, get a diplomat to negotiate trade deals with saba and ptolemies, indian ocean trade can be quite profitable and india is bloody rich in trade resources.

As for supply and hording, I'll talk with Suppanut as soon as he comes back from his starcraft 2 break.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Day two-Part two: Poking a bear with a stick and thinking it'll all be ok

Writer's Preamble: Two updates in one day!!!! References to Mordor!!! HAS STEALTH GONE CRAZY. Maybe...Maybe not.

I jest. Unlike other AAR's that i've done standard format style. This one has considerably less work. Meaning I can shell out updates fairly quickly. With a normal AAR you play the turn. Take note of everything, do some roleplaying, wrap it up all nicely with speshully cropped screenshots. I don't do any of that. I play a few turns. Take about 20 screen shots and call it a session after about an hour. Now I don't have to take notes about everything, or care about diplomacy accuracy. Because it's just not important. The important bit is whats screencapped and whats being commented on.

So despite my being lazy and doing approximatly 80% less work then my peers and co AARers...AARites? AAR NINJA"S!!!. The majority of my time; goes on uploading the images you all see and go oooh....aaah.... and thats ing awesome at. Takes about 10-20 minutes to upload everything. If something doesn't upload I have to make note and re-upload it. So it's a long time to wait. But it gives me plenty of time to make some notes about the awesome and come up with the needed banter. Lulz and other needed inserts. Contrary to popular belief I don't talk like I write in prose. Or do I and this is a clever ruse....The mind boggles. But I give you another tune. Black Veil Brides- Perfect Weapon Do they sound like an american Bullet for My Valentine? Yes, no? I think they do. Anyways enough sanity. Lets begin...

Poking a bear with a stick and thinking it'll all be ok...

Right so last time we were;(see below) had a good base to start out from. Various battles had been fought and won. But mah monies wern't growing fast enough. No matter how many money tree's I planted. It was time to find someone more profitible. So naturally I went for the biggest town I could find.

Which led me here. Opiana had around 10k people inside it. Didn't get a screenshot (I didn't exterminate either, but I'm too lazy to get another screenshot and will forget tomorrow) so you'll have to trust me. Having dropped a spy in there with 40% chance of opening the gates I was happy to discover;

That not only was there a small tiny garrison that with some tact I could easily neutralise, but it was only a two turn sprint. So I legged it! At speed. Knowing every turn I wasted the Ai being the psychic er that it is will find out what i'm doing and move to intercept me.

And it happened. But not in the way I was expecting...On the Horizon there lay another stack. No where near full. But given my low coffers and beaten not replaced garrison in Alexandropolis. Tings could get dicey if they play silly buggers with sieging me...

Normally I auto resolve sieges. But given the dire need for every man I can get I planned it out properly expecting a bitter struggle on the stone walls. But my spy came through a turn late and let the gates open...

So theres the garrison. Good news. Theres a good smith/Temple present meaning that I can get some desperatly needed unit upgrades. I would prefer experience over weapons and armour. But beggers cannot be choosers. So with it's high population, upgrades and location. This settlement is like winning the lottery on your birthday having beaten your fight with cancer. It's just that crazy insanely awesome.

Bad news. I gotta fight the upgraded garrison. Thankfully it's a small one.

It was a tough fight. Almost lost my general which at the moment with an unfortunate aging population of Family members (most if not all are hitting 50 ) I need to make sure I keep them all alive when in battles. A few nasty turns and this party could be over before it started.

So thats the turn which I captured my new prezzie settlement. The Selucids did siege me and it's not looking too chipper...

Two turns later and fighting off a random parthian siege (10 men!!) everything is green and i'm still besieged. The last thing I want to do is sally. Due to them having Thoriktai(sp)? What ever they are called. Just know that they are the WORST thing to fight ever. Stupid defence, Stupid Attack and they throw things at you. They at 4 times better then ANYTHING i can throw at them. So it's a big deal to even fight a Selucid stack rigth now.Especially in sallying where a loss means you loose your settlement. I need to fight defense and tacticially. Two things i'm not good at. But I have plenty of Siegey tricks.

They also decided to try and take Pura as well. With more Thoriktaiaiaia(sp)

Luckily for me. I had a chance to go grab some mercenaries. Just no money. So I cancelled EVERYTHING i was building. Units, Repairs, Buildings (even if they were finished next turn) the lot and picked up two units of Indian Cav (smartest thing i've done the entire campaign. I swear to god)

They made the first move...

I won again. Like I said tactics. I played to my strengths. Elephants and tight corridors. Using the ally ways and hiding behind a corner I was able to stock them from using their javs. Held them in place with the spear men and cav before rofl stomping them with the elephants. That his third Heroic Victory as well I think

This ones an important battle. Pura is a VITAL part of my economy. If i loose this. It's going to be a tough uphill struggle that I dont fancy fighting at all. So this is all or nothing. AMERICANO STYLE!

Took the fight to them this time. Had no real fragile troops and using a noob box around the gate (they brought one ram LULWUT) allowing me to box them in and rout everything but the Thorkities!!! in one charge. Then it was a 10 minute crawl to kill them...Still got a heroic out of it.

Deciding I'd had enough of the Selucids playing hide the pickle with my gates. I decided to take the fight to them. Instead of pushing North. Coastal provinces mean more trade as well. This was my next target. Look how sexy it looks

Naturally my sneaky approach was stopped at the last second and I had to face a stack and a garrison.

I almost cried when I saw they had two thorkies...Note my army is pure mercenary. (the two chevrons)

So despite having numbers, experience and general age and trait advantage. Look at those odds!!!! SEE HOW POWERFUL THEM THORKIES ARE!!!

But like I said the Indian Cav were a life saver in this battle. Wouldn't have won it without them.

Pressing on to fight the survivors from the last battle and another stack of Thorkies

What a waste of men I can't loose....Stupid Selucid Empire. STEALING MY AWESOME!!!!

So with the capture of Harmozia I also got their minor settlements aka towers. I almost did cry when I saw this guy. He's got moar thorkies on him. Decent experience and he can siege two towns. He has a choice. Pura's garrison is in Harmozia...So guess where he'll be going.

Finally for tonight. I took a look at the Ranking list. Thinking. Well i've smacked around the Selucids old skool style for several turns. Won several victories. The only words out of my mouth are.

The

So thats it for today. Enjoy as always my loving fans. I have a feeling things are about to hit the fan and Zarax is sitting there in his Castle thinking. Soon Stealth you'll meet my army of Selucids MUWAHAHAHAHA well he's almost there. THE REAL BATTLE BEGINS SOON.

AWESOME VERSUS SEXY ....Only one can survive....

Oh and incase you didn't get the Mordor references. It's the Selucids...

Here's a tune for your campaign... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb-gI_pFog0

Glad you liked the appetizers, that was a shrewd idea put in place by DBH long ago...

Just wait when you will face the real meal:
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I wish you luck! Although the situation isn't quite the same, I tried hording as the Franks and migrating to India once (as a result of seeing the XC challenge, and on H/H - big mistake!) and was brutally crushed by the Sassanids. First and only time I've ever recieved the 'you lose' screen.

Perhaps the inhabitants of Gallia will be inspired to try again if they know that their predecessors of 700 years succeeded.

Another good update. You have a talent for keeping your updates very fun and readable, considering that this stage of a campaign is usually the dull part.

(Also, I notice that your faction leader is called Meriadoc. Is he riding to war on a wee pony or sharing his horse with a shieldmaiden? )

Day three; Aww yeh

What up mah hombre's? We having a good weekend or what. Course you are. Your reading my insanely awesome AAR

In todayies episode we learn:

That all good things must eventually come to an end.
    That a Hobbit King is surprisingly effective at running a bunch of sweaty drunks.
    That even the mightiest cheating AI can be beaten with preschool tactics.
    That you can love in so many more ways then just Physcially and Platonically...

Fan mail!!! YAY!!!! CLICK IT!

Another good update. You have a talent for keeping your updates very fun and readable, considering that this stage of a campaign is usually the dull part.

(Also, I notice that your faction leader is called Meriadoc. Is he riding to war on a wee pony or sharing his horse with a shieldmaiden? )
    The answer is unsure. I'll try and grab an up to date screen shot of him next session. But for those who are wondering if he really is a hobbit. This shot from the second update answers all your questions. The sad thing is that he's not actually gotten any better. But he is chillaxing in the capital. With his mead and his women.

I wish you luck! Although the situation isn't quite the same, I tried hording as the Franks and migrating to India once (as a result of seeing the XC challenge, and on H/H - big mistake!) and was brutally crushed by the Sassanids. First and only time I've ever recieved the 'you lose' screen.

Perhaps the inhabitants of Gallia will be inspired to try again if they know that their predecessors of 700 years succeeded.
    The last thing I want to be is inspirational Think of the children!

Glad you liked the appetizers, that was a shrewd idea put in place by DBH long ago...

Just wait when you will face the real meal:
    Why the hate!!! See I told you he was sitting in his castle rubbing his hands laughing at me!

Tune of the day...Suprise Eeeh oohhh?

Right. Last update we werrreeee here! Faced with the potential distruction of my kingdom from a stack filled with Thorkies. It's gwarning now.

But first. We need to stop those evil people sieging Alexandropolis. With my heroic stack of awesome. Ironically they didn't learn from last time and I pulled off another heroic Victory. Man Style. With plenty of Biceps.

Lo and behold for once I was right. He went and besieged Pura. So I heroically send a force of two family members onward. Hoping that I have the coffers and funds to rally some kind of dreggy mercenary force. Anything. One spearman will do to save my new front line...Anything!

Turns out i'm rich. Rich enough to get another elephant. WORD

But those tricky Seleucids wern't just happy with one besieged settlement. Oh no. They decided to attack another settlement. But my rampaging family member re-enforcements were on a roll. No way were they going to let a single stack stop them from earning their mead.

Needless to say the Family Members decided to pick a fight with the STRONGEST stack that had been sent my way in like ever. Three units of Thorkies and Eastern Archer Spearmen. Yup they shoot you and then kill the horsement you send to kill them. They are brutal. Wait till I get them. Thats three kinds of sexy...

Oh I forgot to mtention. I'm rich enough to have two elephants in an army now Thats four different kinds of sexy especially with super hammer attackers from both sides.

But then I thought. If I just crushed the strongest stack I'd though without actually trying. Why should I stick around and re-arm. ONWARDS FOR THE LULZ. I picked my target carefully using a series of complex intergers. Namely it was the closest

Now those odd's may look intimidating. But he had two units of slingers.

Naturally...I won. I was letting tears of manly awesome joy run down my face that I didn't have to fight any Thorkies. I reduced to me to thanking Jebus...

Now I don't like exterminating. But this was alot of money, in a province that was decently rich and coastal. It was too good to be true. NOM NOM NOM

It was at this time that I thought. Hang on. Lets think like the Ai for a second. If I was the Ai and focussing my attention to the South. I would force an attack to the north and Lo and BEHOLD two units of Thorkies without a general in a nice town. Naturally I wanted it. Two less units of Thorkies being thrown at me. And a free town. WIN TO THE WIN

SO I bring my awesome hero from Alexandropolis with two Elephant units of his own. That makes four and his indian force. I even bought three units of Longbows. Just to make sure.

It wasn't a smart idea. The archers kept shooting my elephants and sent them rampaging Small ally, Angry Elephants and my men in the way. It was a waste of money. But I pushed through and took the victory. Just. My men were starting to waver. Stupid Archers...

When I saw this I was instantly happy again. Another 1k town to my coffers with plenty of room to develop into MORE MONEHS!!!!! Them Seleucids are rich.

These fine chaps were my next opponents. Dregs. But alot of Thorkies.

Unfortunatly. It was a Sally. Which meant the Ai tactics would be defensive and somewhat decent. Backs to the cliff. But I thought to myself. I got twice as much Elephants as they'll ever have. LETS GET DRUNK and have a smoke before we go into this. So I did. Came back in the Zone proper ready for hardcore owning. i was liek Sith Max on unclanned noobs.

Perfection.

Two new additions to mah empire. Both are quite rich. Which is a good thing. Means things can start really speeding up and getting crunk. Only thing is now I'm offically pushing outside of india. So that means some new Sexy Mercenaries to join the Mob of Awesome

Expecting the worse I took alook at the Graph again. YES.

So clearly. I'm doing something right. Probably my clear abuse of using Elephants against the Seleucids. But if I didn't they would be using them against me. I call it making use of my resources Besides if you got it. Flaunt it right.

So will Zarax and his Mighty Seleucids find a way to stop the Awesome Train of Sexy Stealth from pushing all the way into Antolia. Or will a new Challenger appear...

Don't worry, your next step will probably be facing these guys:

If not, Ptolemy will send his special forces against you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWP-AsG5DRk
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    WHAT IS THAT I DONT EVEN-

But onwards (and westwards) the Mob of Awesome shall march! (Kickass name btw. Should be the official name of your army.)

Wherever you go XC has (nasty) surprises in store for you...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

If this was not stealth's AAR I would say it is AWESOME and INGENIOUS, and SUBSCRIBE. And give REP.

But as it isn't I say it's ing FAKE AND GAY.

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast