Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WARCY-WarHorn-Taunt mod ***DOWNLOAD***

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan
    That's weird, it works fine for me. I installed NorthHammer's mod, installed my RTR compatible descr_sounds_units_anims.txt file and the mod is working great with RTR 6.0 Gold. I'll attach the RTR 6.0 Gold descr_sounds_units_anims.txt file that I'm currently using for those that want to give it another shot. BTW, it's Trajan and not Trojan.
    it might be because im using 6.3 and not 6 GOLD...
    addicted modder... but crap at it

Quote Originally Posted by Mylae
    i've seen that you're planning to make available your taunt mod also for BI... how long it will takes?
    have you noticed that in BI there's no sound but a low whisthling of "victorious rome"? when my soldiers conquere a settlement, they don't scream more...

I don't have BI so unfortunantly probably not likely. I have no way of testing it, nor do I know how the voice trigger system works or if its changed. If there are a lot of people demanding it I might try editing the text files.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball_E8
    it might be because im using 6.3 and not 6 GOLD...
    What's the difference between 6.3 and Gold?

Is this compatable with SPQR 5.0?

MasterAdnin

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdnin
    Is this compatable with SPQR 5.0?

MasterAdnin

Absolutely. And make certain you download the updated attached zip file after you install.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

actually, most of the sounds are improper. but nice idea.

in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

now for some constructive critisism...
    a couple of things here.. first off you might want to remove the sounds that have very obvious music in them... and the sounds that you immediately connect to movies (like some of the LOTR sounds where characters talk and also the drill sergeant from full metal jacket)

other than that the mod is great... im loving it (now that i got it working)

some tips would be that you might want to change the "chaaaarge" yell that all nations use, and you might want to use some heavy drums for the eastern (and possibly greek) nations...

NorthHummer

i was all did on your read me

but your mod dont play
    i have SPQR 5 (patch1.)

what problem????

please help

@ ARCHER29, try renaming the files events.dat and events.idx to events-backup.dat and events-backup.idx (they should be located in the Rome:Total War/Data/Sounds folder)

@freddie oh it definately is!

Archer, you need to download the 15mb file first and install it. Then you need to update it with the new patch.

Swabian, I think the sounds are appropraite, but that's my opinion. My full version of taunts will have much more vulgarity (do you really think the soldiers didn't cuss at the enemy?

Oddball, as for background music, there's nothing I can do about that. At first it sounded bad when you listen to one file at a time, but when you have a whole army screaming at you, the music gets drowned out in the mass screaming. I love the sound of bagpipes when the people start their warcry.

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS!

My boss just said I have an unlimited amount of overtime that I can work if I so choose. The bad news means that I won't be completing this mod for a while...

North, what are the other sound files for? There are like 3 other ones.

MasterAdnin

what do you mean by other?

There are 3 other sound files, and the mod says to only install one.

MasterAdnin

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdnin
    There are 3 other sound files, and the mod says to only install one.

MasterAdnin

Are you talking about the txt files?

Download V1.0. Put the folder "custom" into your rome/data/sounds folder

Download V1.1 (the updated text files), and put the three text files into your rome/data folder

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball_E8
    now for some constructive critisism...
    a couple of things here.. first off you might want to remove the sounds that have very obvious music in them... and the sounds that you immediately connect to movies (like some of the LOTR sounds where characters talk and also the drill sergeant from full metal jacket)

other than that the mod is great... im loving it (now that i got it working)

some tips would be that you might want to change the "chaaaarge" yell that all nations use, and you might want to use some heavy drums for the eastern (and possibly greek) nations...
    Yes the ancient greeks and eastern nations used heavy drums in battle.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by NorthHammer

Swabian, I think the sounds are appropraite, but that's my opinion. My full version of taunts will have much more vulgarity (do you really think the soldiers didn't cuss at the enemy?
    nono. cussing is not the problem. but cussing in english or any other living language is a problem! this ghetto slang is a blatant and disturbing anachronism. and the music and the obvious lord of the ring sounds are also a problem (except the marching haradrim as noises of a getian/thracian or celtic army. but too much order for totally unhellenized barbs and to brutish for romans and hellenistic cultures). you'd just need other sources, then your mod would be a real improvement being worthy of the implementation in EB, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by swabian
    nono. cussing is not the problem. but cussing in english or any other living language is a problem! this ghetto slang is a blatant and disturbing anachronism. and the music and the obvious lord of the ring sounds are also a problem (except the marching haradrim as noises of a getian/thracian or celtic army. but too much order for totally unhellenized barbs and to brutish for romans and hellenistic cultures). you'd just need other sources, then your mod would be a real improvement being worthy of the implementation in EB, imo.
    I took lots of sound bytes from things other than LOTR. LOTR is less than 50% of the total sounds, and will probably be less than 25% of my total finished product.

Yes I would like vulgarity in other languages, but I don't have very many good non-english movies to rip sound bytes from.

vlad's Avatar Artifex

just one question
    warcry mod work with barb invasion 1.6 ?
    Mongol invasion 2 mod for Medieval 2 Kingdoms https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kCR...ew?usp=sharing
    New download links of Vlad Total war mod Rome Expansion and Barbarian invasion on google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IU1...ew?usp=sharing
    Patch for two vlads mods (for Rome and Barbarians) on google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hbE...usp=drive_link
    my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/vladimir.kudin/
    my youtube page https://www.youtube.com/vlad9vt

Don't think so.

If you have one of those old movies like Spartacus, El Cide or something, they got some decent marching sound. You probably already got the ones from Gladiator and Braveheart.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast