Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: WARCY-WarHorn-Taunt mod ***DOWNLOAD***

Default WARCY-WarHorn-Taunt mod V1.0 ***DOWNLOAD***

**UPDATE** (1/17/06) Updated version has been released. See attached zip file Warcry_Beta V1.1.zip

Primary download link:
    http://www.onetfiles.com/db/index.php?dlid=97 V1.0

Alternative download link:
    http://rapidshare.de/files/9613707/W..._V1.0.zip.html V1.0

Beta version for Warcy Mod.

Please report any bugs, ctds, etc. here

WARCRY/WARHORN/TAUNT BETA MOD V1.1 (**Note** You need V1.0 for this mod to work)

Date: 12/21/05; Revised 1/17/06
    provided by: NorthHammer
    email: back2valhalla@hotmail.com

Introduction:

This version is a BETA version only. It may get implemented into regularity with
    SPQR if this mod is bug-free and if he so chooses. Please contact me with any CTDs
    (there shouldn't be any if you follow instructions properly), noise configurations,
    pitch/tone problems, etc. Or email me with any suggestions for improvement.

This mod is intended to create a more entertaining atmosphere
    during the in game environment. Vanilla TW shipped from CA
    with some of the lamest taunts, war horns, and warcries that I've ever heard.
    A third grade choir class could do better than CA did with much of the audio.

This mod is designed to give each culture (Roman, Greek, Barbarian, Carthaginian,
    Eastern, and Egyptian) their own unique war horn. (The barbarians have two).

There were only 2 warcries for large groups in Vanilla TW. There are now 41, and none
    of them are as lame as the original two.

Taunts, the medium, heavy, and light barbarian now have new taunts. The taunts can be
    heard while playing as the barbarians in the pre-battle screen, and immediately following
    a warcry.

I have modified most noises to be louder, longer, and be able to be heard from a longer
    distance.

Installation Instructions:

1. Place the folder "custom" into your ....Rome/data/sounds folder
    2. Place "descr_sounds_units_anims.txt", "descr_sounds_units_taunt.txt", and
    "export_descr_sounds_soldier_voice.txt" into your ...Rome/data folder.
    3. It will ask you if you want to replace the textfiles. Say yes to all.
    **NOTE** If you wish to uninstall this mod, you must FIRST backup
    all three of these text files.
    4. Play!

Revision Note:
    V1.1 1/17/06-Adjusted volumes and trigger radius for warcries and taunts
    Last edited by NorthHammer; January 17, 2006 at 06:36 PM.

Sounds great !
    Does it work with Rome Version 1.5 ?

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

I think it will.

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious" - Alan Minter
    "When a man steals your wife there is no better revenge than to let him keep her." - Sacha Guitry.
    "If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do all the rest have to drown too?" - Steven Wright.

plasticfigurine's Avatar Ducenarius

Upload it to TWC if you can, please. Rapidshare is already too overloaded so you cant download it.

EDIT: Dammit, never mind. It works for me now.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Good job NorthHammer. This should make battles more interesting.

Please post any problem you guys come across. I will be gone for several days this weekend and will try and answer any problems when I return next week.

Repman, I believe that it will work with 1.5, but I honestly don't know. I haven't had time to test it out with other mods.

Glad you guys like it!

Looks good, downloading now
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Once again a rapidshare link. The site is alaways overloaded and the wait is like 40 minutes every time. Host it somewhere else.

There was a error on WARCRYLARGELARGE4... When i extracted the file i saw an error. "CRC error"

By the way your pack is quite funny it was like a mixture of all favorite fantasy and historic films such as "Deeeeaattthhh!!!"

did you get this error from unzipping? You said "WARCRYLARGELARGE4..." which warcylarge was it? or was it #4?

try unzipping it again. i've never heard of a CRC error.

Nobununga, I've never really had a problem with rapidshare. I'd host it somewhere else but I'm not paying money to put something online once every 4-6 months. Unless you have any suggestions of good free webhosts?
    Last edited by NorthHammer; December 22, 2005 at 01:07 PM.

Reidy's Avatar Let ε<0...

just a little question, do old save games work with this implemented? :sign_ques

Quote Originally Posted by King Jim II
    just a little question, do old save games work with this implemented? :sign_ques
    aboslutely. shouldn't be any problem

Great work northhammer!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

Centurion-Lucius-Vorenus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    In a cottage cheese cottage in Levittown, New york

Nice work, it sounds great. I was suprised that you didnt used the Haradrim Mumakil Horn, from LOTR, since you used alot of LOTR horns and warcries.

One thing though, you cant move the file onto a compact disc or floppy.
    Last edited by Centurion-Lucius-Vorenus; December 22, 2005 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion-Lucius-Vorenus
    Nice work, it sounds great. I was suprised that you didnt used the Haradrim Mumakil Horn, from LOTR, since you used alot of LOTR horns and warcries.

One thing though, you cant move the file onto a compact disc or floppy.

That's the one where the elephants first arrive right? That was my original barb horn and I've had a few people that don't like it. I might add it in later as a 3rd Barb horn.

How do you guys like the taunts? Some of them are hilarious. But funny in a good way.

Well, off the bat, I wish we could use this with BI.

Otherwise, I think the FMJ taunt is a bit out of place. The "Var seit de jek ya HOOOOT YA!" (Barbarian_Medium_1_Individual_Taunt_1) is my favorite one. It has such a typical barbarian ring to it, and would freak out someone hearing it.

Carthage's horn is really great, but the eastern one seems too nasal-y and light. I had heard the Parthians and Armenians used the Kettle Drum, an apparently ominous instrument, and that could offer a great horn.

What about percusion? Wouldn't that sound cool?

It works fine with my mod Domination for rome 1.5
    Impressive, thank you NorthHammer
    Because of the size maybe I will implement it in a later version, but i'm setting a link

Happy holidays
    repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga
    Well, off the bat, I wish we could use this with BI.

Otherwise, I think the FMJ taunt is a bit out of place. The "Var seit de jek ya HOOOOT YA!" (Barbarian_Medium_1_Individual_Taunt_1) is my favorite one. It has such a typical barbarian ring to it, and would freak out someone hearing it.

Carthage's horn is really great, but the eastern one seems too nasal-y and light. I had heard the Parthians and Armenians used the Kettle Drum, an apparently ominous instrument, and that could offer a great horn.
    I think that Taunt comes from Gladiator. You know, where the German warboss throws the head of an unfortunate Roman messenger into the dirt.
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

The new Barbarian taunts are tremendous. I was listening to all of them on full blast and I could really feel the intimidation as if I was a soldier in the opposing army. Thanks NorthHammer for creating this mod. I plan to install it in every major mod I play. Besides SPQR, I already implemented the WARCY-WarHorn-Taunt mod into RTR 6.3.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast