Thread: Small Geographical Consideration

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

Default Small Geographical Consideration

Well, i noticed in the strat map something that seemed like a small geographical mistake. Angleton is a small region placed in the "angle" just over the point where the river Hoardwell and Loudwater mets, and you put it in the "angle" were the same Hoardwell mets with Glanduin, some miles southwest from where it really were.

For more concrete references:

The River Hoardwell (or Mitheithel in Elven), rose in the northern Misty Mountains a hundred miles north of Rivendell, and runs southward until it met Glanduin (just above the abandoned fortress of Tharbard) and forms the river Greyflood (or Gwathlo)

The River Loudwater (or Bruinen in Elven), rose in the western Misty Mountains and flowed southwestwards past Rivendell. This is the River were Glorfindel (or Arwen in the Movie) helped by Elrond´s magic stops the Ringwraiths, and it is an tributary of Hoardwell.

Finally, the river Glanduin begins in the Misty Mountains south of Khazad-Dum, flowing west-north-west marking the limit of the old kingdom of Eregion (of which Rivendell is the last remain), and then south-west towards the Hoardwell which it met in the marshes known as Swanfleet (or Nin-In-Eiliph) north-east of Tharbard. From there on Glanduin and Hoardwell merges into the Greyflood

This is not overly important and i thought that you made this on purpose to make Dunland a more huge territory, but anyways i wanted to ask.

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

Default Re: Small Geographical Consideration

Can you post a picture showing where the rivers are supposed to go? Just take a screenshot then edit in MSPaint.

Lets see

Blue: River Hoardwell (Mithleithel)
    Purple: River Loudwater (Bruinen)
    Cyan: River Glanduin
    Red: River Greyflood (Gwathlo)

The location that i think correct for Angleton is marked by the arrow

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

clearly they are SO far away from their real locations its madness...

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

The rivers are in the correct locations, i was talking about Angleton province.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

then why you keep talking about rivers

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

To show were the province shoul be

If I understood Anakarsis, he means that Angleton should be placed where the mouse arrow is pointing in the photo (between rivers blue and pink).

Yes, its as Bard says.

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

I'm pretty sure I made up the Angleton settlement. The area there is called The Angle because of the fork on the rivers. There is no canonical info about a settlement there. I put it there because it needed a buffer zone between Free-peoples and Dunlendings/Isengard. So I made up the name. Is it that important to move this non-canon settlement?