Thread: Aritsobara or Anysabi

Default Aritsobara or Anysabi

what unit is better the Anysabi comes earlier and have the same missle attack and better defence than Aristobara also the al targets Aristobara sence they are more vulnerble than Anuysabi.

how do you use these 2 units.

i prefer the Anusabi they are the ones that i make my empire with.

i bascially after i built an armourer recruit 5 units of them to make an army and then let a familymember lead them
    i disband all units in the first turn so i got lots of extra cash.

and then i make a line put them in guard mode and let them fire at will.
    all units break almost on impact on hard difficulty must be demoralising to find the inmortals in the rows behind the first 1 still fires even in mele combat.

i haent really found a use for aristobara sure there charge is better and 1 better attack but their defence is lower.

so how do you use them? exept overvelming the enemy with luxury the most beautiful army in the word?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: Aritsobara or Anysabi

Anusyia and Arštibara

Don't hate me for this, Rez
    Well, first we should explain what these units were.
    The Anusyia were the "Immortals", though that's a name Greek writers mixed with the Persian word for "Companions", so they most likely were the "Companions", not the "Immortals".
    There were always 10000 of them, and they were the main field army. They didn't have to be nobles per se .
    The Arstibara were the Palace Guard, so to speak. They were drawn from nobles only and, from what I remember from Rez' lessons, serving as a palace guard was basically their military training.

A historical (and effective) Persian army would be lots of archers (Thanvabara), who are deployed behind a shieldwall of Sparabara with supporting Takabara and local AOR units + 1 or 2 units of Anusyia in the middle of the line, serving as both Sparabara and Thanvabara. Then there was cavalry on the flanks.

Try it, it is both good as an offensive tactic (move in range, pepper them with arrows and kill the remainder with your 1337 Takabara and Anusyia =P), or as a defensive tactic (stay put, pepper them with arrows and kill the remainder with your 1337 Takabara and Anusyia =P).

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    Anusyia and Arštibara

Don't hate me for this, Rez
    Well, first we should explain what these units were.
    The Anusyia were the "Immortals", though that's a name Greek writers mixed with the Persian word for "Companions", so they most likely were the "Companions", not the "Immortals".
    There were always 10000 of them, and they were the main field army. They didn't have to be nobles per se .
    The Arstibara were the Palace Guard, so to speak. They were drawn from nobles only and, from what I remember from Rez' lessons, serving as a palace guard was basically their military training.

A historical (and effective) Persian army would be lots of archers (Thanvabara), who are deployed behind a shieldwall of Sparabara with supporting Takabara and local AOR units + 1 or 2 units of Anusyia in the middle of the line, serving as both Sparabara and Thanvabara. Then there was cavalry on the flanks.

Try it, it is both good as an offensive tactic (move in range, pepper them with arrows and kill the remainder with your 1337 Takabara and Anusyia =P), or as a defensive tactic (stay put, pepper them with arrows and kill the remainder with your 1337 Takabara and Anusyia =P).
    wasn't it 1000, not 10000?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

No, ten thousand immortals.

well i start with the 5 inmortals and a familymember because really 1 massive army cant figth on several fronts at the same time so i have a lot off smaller ones.

after all the inmortals are 2 units in 1 and are very handy on my current campaign with Perisa i have 4 armies and as the economy grows so will the army.

my favorite perisian army is: 1 genral + 3 inmortal cav + 10 inmmortal infantry + 2 aristobara + 3 persian archers a very effective mostly replacable troops in all cities.

i did neglect sparabara because the Eastern faction all have that kind off spearmen i want troops that are diffrent.

Inmortals Aristobara and the inmortal cav you can retrain in all your cities the persian archers cannot.'
    oh and i am gonna give each army 1 unit off javelin elefants when i can afford it.

i have 10 inmortal because they were 10 000 and i have 2 aristobara because they were 2000.

not sure were to place Aristobara most likely as a reserve unit to support cavalry when i see gaps.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Arstibara should be sitting duck in your cities; they're not meant for campaigning.

Yes, the Anusyia were always at 10000, but you can't have them have that number in RoP because if you do, you'd need to make ~200000 Sparabara and Thanvabara in one army, and it wouldn't fit
    Yes, every eastern faction has some kind of spear unit; but that is just that way it was historically.

i mant i didnt want the concript spearmen like babylon for example.

i want spearmen that can fire back and when my cav pursues my infantry wont fire at them.

quality vs quantity.

i have won Heroics so far on hard and have an income of extra 1000 not much but still all my cities are building and the sum will go up.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Its up to you from which units you make your armies. But if you want play historicaly you shouldnt build all armies of Anusyia. For example I have never had more than two units of them per army. Your sparabara spearmen are still higher quality ones compared to for example Babylonian ones. And your archers are very useful too.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Its up to you from which units you make your armies. But if you want play historicaly you shouldnt build all armies of Anusyia. For example I have never had more than two units of them per army. Your sparabara spearmen are still higher quality ones compared to for example Babylonian ones. And your archers are very useful too.
    Historically Kurus II conquered the Mada, Lydia, and Babylon in less than 13 years. And cities had populations of hundreds of thousands, but they didn't riot and revolt. People also didn't betray alliances constantly, like the AI does. This is a game, it's not meant to be truly historical.