Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arthurian : Total War

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Default Re: Arthurian : Total War

Hey guys any word on the music pack? I haven't heard from Hross of Gutenberg for ages is he still providing you the music?
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

We have the pack in our internal release, but we got to see various things with Hross before releasing it.

Hi everyone! First, I'd like to say that the team has done a really good job here. But I'm curious, if this mod overwrites vanilla files in a way that i cant use other mods...
    thx

Unfortunately the current version does indeed overwrite vanilla (it isn't "mod-foldered") Until/unless this is remedied, it's recommended that you copy your entire RTW/BI installation, and install ATW into the copy, so that you don't totally overwrite vanilla.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

ARGL! This would be a real improvement. Is there anyone skilled enough? Hélas, I'm not..

EDIT: Ok, so I tried it on my own but then it crashes, saying that in export_descr_unit.txt the stat_pri statistic refers to a non-existend projectile type "crossbow"
    Last edited by ZiegenPeter; December 13, 2008 at 10:02 PM.

Im currently close to finishing the first book in Bernard Cornwalls trilogy about Arthur and was thinking it would make a great mod to rtw. I was so glad to find it here Great work!
    Last edited by Ardour; December 21, 2008 at 11:29 AM.

How does Merlin play a role in this? I read that he was in it at TWC wiki. Where can I download it and could someone post a full list of all Cavalry units for Dunmonnia?

Hi first post.
    This is my first mod I have tried. It shows. I have not got a clue how to play it. I have downloaded it, done WinRAR and then i fiddle around with "Extract to", or I copy and paste to Computer-Vista C-Program Files-The Creative Assebmly-Rome Total War. Then I am lost, I have copied and paste into BI. If there is a video on the internet with a step-by-step guide, or idiot proof description of how to do it that would be great.
    I have tried to downlad another mod before however that didnt work. What would I have to do to make sure that I havn't still got that. Also I cannot play Rome Total War (I can play BI perfectly), would this have naything to do with it?
    Thanks. I looks a great mod.

Hi Anglo Saxon,

I was quite new as well a few weeks ago and it took ages to get that program working.

I can explain how I did it.

a.) downloading from the side the two modifications "raven feeders 73" and "raven feeders 73a"

b.) extracting the files "raven feeders 73" and "raven feeders 73a" to two different folders I created on my desktop (Arthur 1, and Arthur 2, not very creative, I know)

c.) copy ( copy and paste) the extracted arthur folder into the rome total war folder (NOT BI OR SOME OTHER PLACES)

d.) copy the "73 a" into the arthur folder, which should be within the Rome Total War Folder

e.) drink a beer

f.) click on the desktop icon in the arthur folder and copy it to the desktop

g.) drink another beer (If you are under age, cola will do fine)

h) click on the icon, open the properties, look at targets, check that it says

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:arthur

and not

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:arthur

confirm this. In Norwegian it says use and ok. I do not know the commands of the English speaking PC. But you have to confirm that change.

Now everything should work out fine.

I hope this is of some help
    Last edited by Archer22; April 11, 2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: I forgot :(

Quote Originally Posted by Agraes View Post
    If there is a novel that inspired me, it is not essentially Lawhead books, but certainly Bernard Cornwell's Warlord Chronicles... if inaccurate on several points, it really have a Dark Ages feeling.
    awesome books, looks like an awesome mod too! ooh am i looking forward to this! a whole 6 minutes!!

Is this slightly based on Bernard Cornwell's work? As I have only heard Anglesey called Yns Mon in the Warlord Chronicles.

Nevermind I had not looked deep enough to see you already answered. SORRY
    Last edited by Dirigo; July 29, 2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: I just looked up!

hey Dirigo, i think bernard cornwells work did somewhat inspire this, but about anglesey, ynys mon is its name, even today it is called ynys mon in wales, "anglesey" by the english most places in wales have a welsh and english name

Anymore Irish factions?

A great mod many hours of play, Thanks

I downloaded the installer from moddb, and installed it on a completely clean Rome Total War Gold (includes BI) on steam. Battles in campaign and campaign itself work but custom battles return me to the custom battle menu when attempting to start one and historical battles make the game crash... Does anyone have a fix?

Also Arthur has a barbarian potrait, I am not sure if this is supposed to be?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123