Thread: Formations for the mod.

Default Formations for the mod.

As you know I will fix special formations for the mod.
    That means that I discuss with teammates for ideas but pls give your feedback.
    Tell me ideas of how you want your favourite LOTR factions to fight.
    Give me diagrams if possible.
    Fans of the mod must mobilise NOW!

Gondorian Longbowmen could maybe have a "repeating volley" Special ability where the first row fires, then ducks down, followed by the next row and so on. (as done by the ancient army of men in the LOTR movie at the beginning). Not only would this look cool, but it would be an effective way to help archers hold their own when rushes by hordes of weak melee units - the actual firing time for the whole squad would be longer.

When the dwarves are implemented their formation should be as incredibly tight knit blocks, with the men on the inside moving to fill in holes in the line.

Woah! I thought special formation modding was impossible. Guess not. You rule, Darth.

How about this: you know how cavalry in MTW could be spread out over a very long thin line, but in RTW they can only be double-lined? Restore the MTW way.

You guys are talking about single unit types, Darth can edit the depth of a formation only to 2 ranks, and the repeating-archer idea I don't think is possible either :-/. But Darth could make a orcish horde formation he suggested, and general army formations as such. Rohan could have a strong emphasis on calvary formations, etc.

Well maybe you can explain what the perameters are to us in a little more detail. For example, can you make the cantabrian formation apply to infantry? or can you give infantry a wedge? a lock shields thing for cavalry? What are we talking here?

he's talking about the strategy used by different factions during battle. e.g. massive charge or flank attack... etc.

Yes, Nem is right. Feel free to come with suggestions for formations for the different factions.

The Fourth Age: Total War - Map Manager, Editor and Coder