View Poll Results: Which DLC was the best?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zaeed's DLC

3 5.56%
  • Kasumi's DLC

0 0%
  • Project Firewalker

0 0%
  • Overlord

7 12.96%
  • Lair of the Shadow Broker

44 81.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The best ME2 DLC pack

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Default The best ME2 DLC pack

Judge a pack on its entire content, that is to say even the things that remain persistent throughout your game after you finished the related missions.

I've not included the armor/outfits DLC's.

Myself, I'm partial to Overlord. I thought it was a very interesting storyline that finally managed to do justice to the hovertank as a gameplay element and appealed to me philosophically aswell. I enjoyed the final section where you experience the entire world in a sort of binary code, and I thought the combat sections throughout the missions were very strong. The leveldesign was amazing too, that Geth ship was a very eerie place.

Second for me comes Kasumi's DLC, I loved the entire heist take on a space opera. Third comes the Shadow Broker DLC which for some reason just failed to really captivate me. I don't know why. I thought the Shadow Broker himself was a letdown, storywise. I also think he shouldn't have been uncovered in a DLC. And I didn't really like the leveldesign as much as I did in Overlord and Kasumi's mission. The car chase section was amazing fun though, but that's pretty much the only highlight.
    Last edited by The Dude; October 27, 2010 at 04:31 PM.
    I have approximate answers and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and many things I don’t know anything about. But I don’t have to know an answer. I don’t feel frightened by not knowing.
    - Richard Feynman's words. My atheism.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: The best ME2 DLC pack

LotSB. Wasn't Zaeed free with Cerberus network, though?

Shadowbroker was by far the best add on. Decent difficulty, there must have been 4 or 5 really tough fights in the game. But I did get annoyed at it because Liara would not shoot or do anything, she just stood there and held her gun while she left you to take everyone out (on Insanity). Since on Insanity, everyone seems to target you as a priority, I watched Liara a lot and she did nothing but occasionally change positions, and die when a vanguard shotgunned her from point blank range- a bug? I must have died about 6 or 7 times in that battle just before getting inside the shadow brokers ship. The taxi part was cool, the mid game boss was difficult, although the final boss was a bit weak. The shadow broker den was really good as well, with the dossiers, investment opportunities and weapon deliveries, it was so packed compared to the other DLCs. And plus the conversation at the end with Liara was great!

Overlord was really easy even on Insanity, except for the last boss until I figured you just concentrate on those blue blobs and rape the core with heavy weapons. The level design in the area just before you get to the transmitter was very good because enemies would consistently try and flank you.

Firewalker was rubbish - I found the missions dull and way too easy.

Kasumi's DLC story was very good, with the vault, and I loved Donavan Hock - his accent is the best - he should be a squad mate for that accent, but it was a very short and easy DLC. Donavan Hock should have been so much more badass.

Zaaed was a great character, but really short and easy mission. Should have been more pyjaks to shoot.

Content Emeritus

One of your crewmates on the Normandy (a Cerberus guy) has that accent as well. He hangs out across the engine thing from Tali.

That engineer guy has a scottish accent. DOOnafvan HOOkk has an Afrikana/Scottish/Scouse accent.

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    LotSB. Wasn't Zaeed free with Cerberus network, though?
    Yeah, but still DLC since you have to download and install it.
    I have approximate answers and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and many things I don’t know anything about. But I don’t have to know an answer. I don’t feel frightened by not knowing.
    - Richard Feynman's words. My atheism.

Daimon's Avatar Miles

Voted for Overlord just for the ending.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

meh, nothing beats the return of asari

I found Kasumi dlc very interesting (but I won't vote, as I have ot yet played Overlord or LotSB), because it foreshadows something that could become mightily important for ME3.
    I don't know if anyone here has noticed it, but in Kenji's gray-box there are pictures of a Reaper. Combine this with the fact, that his informations could "harm the Alliance greatly" and it might very well hint to some serious plot-twist.
    Is the Alliance infiltrated by the Reapers?
    Have they acquired enough of Sovereign to build a new Reaper?
    Did they find another derelict Reaper and try to hide this from the other council species?
    Whatever it is, I am fairly sure, it will be something big.

Heres a picture of Kenji pointing at the Reaper during the Review Kasumi shares with Shepard

Edit:
    Found a shot of Sovereigns underside to compare the markings:

Last edited by grinder; October 29, 2010 at 11:57 AM.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

After playing the all the DLC's (except Kasumi) I can voice my opinion.

Firewalker is crap. All I can say about that.

Overlord was interesting. Though find it dull when only Shepard would say anything in party when you have Liara at least in Shadow Broker.

...and the obvious winner also gets my vote.
    Decent work from Bioware. Fun to actually see the SB.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

CamilleBonparte's Avatar Senator

Shadow Broker is the only one I thought was worth getting.
    "If History is deprived of the truth, we are left with nothing but an idle, unprofitable tale." - Polybius
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comes Domesticorum

I downloaded Overlord, it was okay for the unique visuals and the nice ending, but other than that it was meh. I'm going to try out Shadow Broker when I get back my ME2 discs so I can install it again.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Overlord is much more emotional though. A much better DLC for those who havent played ME1 imo.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Content Emeritus

The ending of Overlord kills me every time.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

I liked all of them expect for maybe firewalker, which wasn't all that great. I really like Zaeed, but on the other hand, Overlord and LotSB had a much more engaging story. I'll have to go with LotSB.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Lair is the best because I get to snog Liara again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ravenous View Post
    Lair is the best because I get to snog Liara again.

Alien pron sucks.

Comes Domesticorum

Seriously, Liara is like a child anyway, it simply felt too pedophile liking her or sexing her.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Seriously, Liara is like a child anyway, it simply felt too pedophile liking her or sexing her.
    Come to think of it, I never really liked any of the romance options in ME and ME2.

Comes Domesticorum

Same.

Except Kaidan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast