Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arab rescue of Jews during the Holocaust

★Bandiera Rossa☭'s Avatar The Red Menace

Default Re: Arab rescue of Jews during the Holocaust

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Goodguy1066♔ View Post
    He had no comeback so he changed his avatar to the Palestine flag. Says something about anti-Israelis though - there are two kinds of anti-Israelis; the ones who live in a liberal Western country and are repeatedly fed images of poor Palestinians trying to gain sympathy points from the media, and the ones who are somehow related to the other side of the conflict (whether they are Palestinians, Arabs, Muslims or closely knows Arabs, Palestinians or Muslim), are repeatedly brainwashed by their surroundings to think of Israelis as the scum of the Earth and think that trying to understand the other point of view would be a betrayl.
    You forgot to mention the type who support self-determination for all nations. In the U.S. I'm not sure most people even know what or where Palestine is. They are just told about the Terrorists trying to murder the "poor Jews". I'm no hater of Jews. I actually love Jewish culture (especially the cuisine), but love for the Jewish people (which in most people is more guilt or sympathy than love) is no excuse for allowing Israel to kill Palestinians.

edit: I forgot to mention the Hipster types. The ones who wear Chinese manufactured Keffiyeh and call themselves radicals while never doing anything but sitting in Starbucks.

Ah, there's anti-Israeli kind A.
    Do you really think that's what happend? Or did you come to that conclusion through Al Jazeera...
    Al Jazeera is probably one of the least-biased media outlets around..It's certainly better than the Israeli papers which describe hordes of unwashed barbarians with IEDs aimed at Jerusalem.
    Last edited by ★Bandiera Rossa☭; November 05, 2010 at 09:44 AM.

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by garudamon11 View Post
    " The Arabs were the ones who raided our perfectly legal cities ...."

here we go ....

so thats what hapened in jaffa right ? acre ? Jerusalem ? we raided your "perfectly legal cities" ? poor jews ... you did nothing .... nothing at all.... its us warmongering arabs that keep making conspiracies to hurt israel and cut water and electricity off so you can suffer as long as possible
    Ehm, no one has said the Jews are without guilt. Fact is that it was the Arabs who refused to accept the Division of Palestine. Now we can always discuss whether the plan was good or bad, but it was the Arabs who started the war.

seriously you and all israelis have no heart no wonder hitler hated jews so much
    What a ridicoulus racist statement.
    Last edited by Tiberios; November 05, 2010 at 09:54 AM.

Ah, there's anti-Israeli kind A.
    Do you really think that's what happend? Or did you come to that conclusion through Al Jazeera...
    History books, but go ahead and deny it if you want. Israeli revisionist Type A.

♔Goodguy1066♔'s Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Pøntifex Maximus View Post
    History books, but go ahead and deny it if you want. Israeli revisionist Type A.
    What history books do you read that claim we simply waltzed into Palestine and took over all the Arab land and possesions? A History of Palestine by Ahmed Jewhater? There were a few isolated incidents of Jewish terrorism, but you actually think all the Palestinian blogs that claim we orderedall of them to leave at gun point are true?
    You forgot to mention the type who support self-determination for all nations. In the U.S. I'm not sure most people even know what or where Palestine is. They are just told about the Terrorists trying to murder the "poor Jews". I'm no hater of Jews. I actually love Jewish culture (especially the cuisine), but love for the Jewish people (which in most people is more guilt or sympathy than love) is no excuse for allowing Israel to kill Palestinians.

edit: I forgot to mention the Hipster types. The ones who wear Chinese manufactured Keffiyeh and call themselves radicals while never doing anything but sitting in Starbucks.
    I support an independant state for Palestine, and so did the Zionist leaders of the early 20th century. They could have had self determination but they chose not to.
    Last edited by ♔Goodguy1066♔; November 05, 2010 at 03:08 PM.
    A member of the Most Ancient, Puissant and Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers
    Secret Sig Content Box!

Both male and female walruses have tusks and have been observed using these overgrown teeth to help pull themselves out of the water.

The mustached and long-tusked walrus is most often found near the Arctic Circle, lying on the ice with hundreds of companions. These marine mammals are extremely sociable, prone to loudly bellowing and snorting at one another, but are aggressive during mating season. With wrinkled brown and pink hides, walruses are distinguished by their long white tusks, grizzly whiskers, flat flipper, and bodies full of blubber.
    Walruses use their iconic long tusks for a variety of reasons, each of which makes their lives in the Arctic a bit easier. They use them to haul their enormous bodies out of frigid waters, thus their "tooth-walking" label, and to break breathing holes into ice from below. Their tusks, which are found on both males and females, can extend to about three feet (one meter), and are, in fact, large canine teeth, which grow throughout their lives. Male walruses, or bulls, also employ their tusks aggressively to maintain territory and, during mating season, to protect their harems of females, or cows.
    The walrus' other characteristic features are equally useful. As their favorite meals, particularly shellfish, are found near the dark ocean floor, walruses use their extremely sensitive whiskers, called mustacial vibrissae, as detection devices. Their blubbery bodies allow them to live comfortably in the Arctic region—walruses are capable of slowing their heartbeats in order to withstand the polar temperatures of the surrounding waters.
    The two subspecies of walrus are divided geographically. Atlantic walruses inhabit coastal areas from northeastern Canada to Greenland, while Pacific walruses inhabit the northern seas off Russia and Alaska, migrating seasonally from their southern range in the Bering Sea—where they are found on the pack ice in winter—to the Chukchi Sea. Female Pacific walruses give birth to calves during the spring migration north.
    Only Native Americans are currently allowed to hunt walruses, as the species' survival was threatened by past overhunting. Their tusks, oil, skin, and meat were so sought after in the 18th and 19th centuries that the walrus was hunted to extinction in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and around Sable Island, off the coast of Nova Scotia.

thelionheart's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Kralle18 View Post
    but it was the Arabs who started the war.
    hehe Arabs started the war

Quote Originally Posted by thelionheart View Post
    Err, yeah. I think raiding legal Jewish cities and massacaring the populace was a pretty large factor in the conflict.
    Then again, who are we to settle in land we bought from Arabs (I'm talking about the '20s and the '10s)?!?!
    A member of the Most Ancient, Puissant and Honourable Society of Silly Old Duffers
    Secret Sig Content Box!

Both male and female walruses have tusks and have been observed using these overgrown teeth to help pull themselves out of the water.

The mustached and long-tusked walrus is most often found near the Arctic Circle, lying on the ice with hundreds of companions. These marine mammals are extremely sociable, prone to loudly bellowing and snorting at one another, but are aggressive during mating season. With wrinkled brown and pink hides, walruses are distinguished by their long white tusks, grizzly whiskers, flat flipper, and bodies full of blubber.
    Walruses use their iconic long tusks for a variety of reasons, each of which makes their lives in the Arctic a bit easier. They use them to haul their enormous bodies out of frigid waters, thus their "tooth-walking" label, and to break breathing holes into ice from below. Their tusks, which are found on both males and females, can extend to about three feet (one meter), and are, in fact, large canine teeth, which grow throughout their lives. Male walruses, or bulls, also employ their tusks aggressively to maintain territory and, during mating season, to protect their harems of females, or cows.
    The walrus' other characteristic features are equally useful. As their favorite meals, particularly shellfish, are found near the dark ocean floor, walruses use their extremely sensitive whiskers, called mustacial vibrissae, as detection devices. Their blubbery bodies allow them to live comfortably in the Arctic region—walruses are capable of slowing their heartbeats in order to withstand the polar temperatures of the surrounding waters.
    The two subspecies of walrus are divided geographically. Atlantic walruses inhabit coastal areas from northeastern Canada to Greenland, while Pacific walruses inhabit the northern seas off Russia and Alaska, migrating seasonally from their southern range in the Bering Sea—where they are found on the pack ice in winter—to the Chukchi Sea. Female Pacific walruses give birth to calves during the spring migration north.
    Only Native Americans are currently allowed to hunt walruses, as the species' survival was threatened by past overhunting. Their tusks, oil, skin, and meat were so sought after in the 18th and 19th centuries that the walrus was hunted to extinction in the Gulf of St. Lawrence and around Sable Island, off the coast of Nova Scotia.

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by thelionheart View Post
    They did. ´

The British Mandate over Palestine was due to expire on 15 May, but Jewish leadership led by Ben-Gurion declared independence on 14 May (because 15 May was a Shabbat). The State of Israel declared itself as an independent nation, and was quickly recognized by the United States, Iran, the Soviet Union, and many other countries. Within hours, Arab forces invaded the infant state. In an official cablegram from the Secretary-General of the League of Arab States to the UN Secretary-General on 15 May 1948, the Arab states publicly proclaimed their aim of creating a "United State of Palestine", in place of the Jewish and Arab, two-state, UN Plan.
    So, what's next? Claiming that Poland started WW2?

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Orko View Post
    Well, then, it is settled! The Palestinians should just STFU and accept it all! Goddamn minorities...
    Right, except Palestinians aren't a minority in Gaza and the West Bank.

Err, yeah. I think raiding legal Jewish cities and massacaring the populace was a pretty large factor in the conflict.
    Then again, who are we to settle in land we bought from Arabs (I'm talking about the '20s and the '10s)?!?!
    And the Jews were completely innocent of doing the same as well. /sarcasm.
    Please stop with "Oh, we were just legally buying land!" bull, don't pretend this was anything other than modern colonialism. You're familiar with the Balfour declaration, don't act like you're not.

I've yet to see a TWC Israeli other than Roy, offer an intelligent argument. All I ever hear from the rest is how Palestine doesn't/shouldn't exist and how the poor little Jews were surrounded and attacked by bloodthirsty, anti-semitic Arabs.
    Last edited by Blaze86420; November 05, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
    All I ever hear from the rest is how Palestine doesn't/shouldn't exist and how the poor little Jews were surrounded and attacked by bloodthirsty, anti-semitic Arabs.
    Really? I have never heard of it.
    Probably because I'm an evil colonialist Israeli, though, but nevermind that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko View Post
    Really? I have never heard of it.
    Probably because I'm an evil colonialist Israeli, though, but nevermind that.
    You that desperate for cheap laughs?

Do you really want me to post a link to every Israeli-Palestinian debate that devolved into a debate regarding Palestine's legitimacy as a nation?

You that desperate for cheap laughs?

Do you really want me to post a link to every Israeli-Palestinian debate that devolved into a debate regarding Palestine's legitimacy as a nation?
    Because TWC's Israeli population gives us an exact demographic view of Israeli opinions, right?
    Secret Sig Content Box!

Because TWC's Israeli population gives us an exact demographic view of Israeli opinions, right?
    TWC Israeli
    I find this funny coming from you though; you've previously stated that Palestine isn't a nation.

I find this funny coming from you though; you've previously stated that Palestine isn't a nation.
    umm, unless I am misunderstanding something, it isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    umm, unless I am misunderstanding something, it isnt.
    Nation =/= Nation-state.

No I did not, they are indeed a nation and have been so since late Ottoman times.
    I don't see why this means the Arabs didn't start the conflict. Nor why the Balfour decleration was imperialistic, and how it concerns the Jews who legally bought land in Palestine.
    Secret Sig Content Box!

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

Yes, Venezuela was known as the biggest asylum for Jews in the 20th century. These days, Jews of Venezuela are much less happy due to the rising anti-semitism from the government and the populous, which furthers our point that unless we have a Jewish state of our own we can never count on leading normal lives.
    It's not antisemitism want rampages Venezuela it is anti-capitalism and anti-bourgeoisie.
    Jews being mostly part of the bourgeoisie is what gives the feeling of ''out to get them'' in Venezuela. Yes, it doesn't justify anything and I'm completely opposed to Chavez regime but he isn't doing it for ethnic reasons.

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Gothicus View Post
    It's not antisemitism want rampages Venezuela it is anti-capitalism and anti-bourgeoisie.
    Jews being mostly part of the bourgeoisie is what gives the feeling of ''out to get them'' in Venezuela. Yes, it doesn't justify anything and I'm completely opposed to Chavez regime but he isn't doing it for ethnic reasons.
    Not all Jews are bourgeoise, and hating Jews because of a generalisation is anti-Semitism. Saying this has nothing to do with religious/ethnic hate is like saying the Nazis weren't anti-semetic because thought all Jews were parasites. Not that I'm comparing Venezuela to Nazi Germany, of course, it's just an analogy.
    Secret Sig Content Box!

He had no comeback so he changed his avatar to the Palestine flag. Says something about anti-Israelis though - there are two kinds of anti-Israelis; the ones who live in a liberal Western country and are repeatedly fed images of poor Palestinians trying to gain sympathy points from the media, and the ones who are somehow related to the other side of the conflict (whether they are Palestinians, Arabs, Muslims or closely knows Arabs, Palestinians or Muslim), are repeatedly brainwashed by their surroundings to think of Israelis as the scum of the Earth and think that trying to understand the other point of view would be a betrayl.
    Its the flag of Hejaz

and no we arent brainwashed, you are the enemy and we hate you, nothing is wrong with that, also how about you look at YOURS and USA's propaganda ? that one is alot more effective and its also allowed all over the world unlike our "propaganda" which is banned from many coutnries especially european ones

theres no other point of view for me, your nation is the scum of the earth and I dont see how anyone can justify what it does... you should stop crying about arab governments kicking jews out because they didnt, america and israel "smuggled" jews from iraq and yemen, you cant deny that
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; November 29, 2010 at 09:44 AM.

theres no other point of view for me, your nation is the scum of the earth and I dont see how anyone can justify what it does... you should stop crying about arab governments kicking jews out because they didnt, america and israel "smuggled" jews from iraq and yemen, you cant deny that
    Quoted and sigged for idioticy. Is this really what you believe happend?
    EDIT: Not all countries in the Mid-East are Yemen and Iraq. They were smuggled in becuase the governments did something much worse than expel them - they kept them from leaving and unleased all their fury at the Jewish state onto them.
    Last edited by ♔Goodguy1066♔; November 09, 2010 at 11:58 PM.
    Secret Sig Content Box!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast