Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kaiser1993's Improvement Mod - 29/10/10 NEW VERSION 1 RELEASED for BB2.8, with a completely new Armenia.

kaiser1993's Avatar Senator

Default kaiser1993's Improvement Mod - 29/10/10 NEW VERSION 1 RELEASED for BB2.8, with a completely new Armenia.

Kaiser1993's Improvement Mod

29/10/10 NEW VERSION 1

I have decided to release a number of improvements to the already brilliant mod DLV+BB2.8, the new version 1 includes a completely new Armenia with over 9 new units.
    If you know of any small mini mods that you would like to be included just say and I could include them. (If I get permission of course)

Requirements
    It is 'only' compatible with BB2.8.
    A new campaign is required for it to work

It contains:
    .New Scottish Skins created by Vlad.
    .A new roster for Armenia with units from broken Crescent created by AlphaDeta.
    .Vishap unit created by Strelac, permission by wudang_clown.
    .New Bodyguard for Armenia.
    .New cursors by wes471.
    .Improved Torches

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZGCY575K

Installation: Just move the 'data' folder to the DLV main folder and overwrite the existing files.

Previews
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Scottish Unit reskins
    Just 'some' of them included in the attachment
    The New Armenian Roster
    Azat Swordsmen - professional swordsmen

Ashkharazor Spearmen - Medium, semi-professional Spearmen

Aspet cavalry - professional javelin cavalry

Caucasian Mountaineer Archers - standard archers, tough men from the mountains

Caucasian Mountaineer Axemen - Tough men from the mountains armed with axes

Didebuls Archers - Elite archers of Armenia, highly skilled in melee and bowmanship

Dismounted Nakhahar Knights - Dismounted Nakharars of Armenia

Nakharar Knights - Elite Cavalry of Armenia, one of the best from the Christian East

Sahmnapah Spearmen - Elite, heavily Armoured. Best defence unit of Armenia

Vishap - Multi tasking troops armed with javelins and sword and shield. An overall all-rounder elite.

Nakharar Noble Knights - One of the most Elite Cavalry forces of the medieval world, fighting to the death if need be

Contributors:
    .Vlad
    .AlphaDelta
    .Strelac
    .wes471

New version soon with added fixes and stuff.
    Last edited by kaiser1993; October 29, 2010 at 04:24 AM.

TaronQuinn's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: kaiser1993's Improvement Mod 0.9

That looks pretty darn good, kaiser! Impressive work all-around. I especially like your all 31 faction custom battle project, as it makes enjoying all the units so much easier and more diverse.

I might ask though: reading AlphaDelta's thread on letting people use his units, he notes that Vishap units from Armenia are not his work. I just wanted to point that out, in case someone else notices and points it out. I'm not even sure who created them, but if you did, or someone else did (and you have their permission), then forget about this remark, and continue on with what you were doing haha.

TQ

Quote Originally Posted by TaronQuinn View Post
    That looks pretty darn good, kaiser! Impressive work all-around. I especially like your all 31 faction custom battle project, as it makes enjoying all the units so much easier and more diverse.

I might ask though: reading AlphaDelta's thread on letting people use his units, he notes that Vishap units from Armenia are not his work. I just wanted to point that out, in case someone else notices and points it out. I'm not even sure who created them, but if you did, or someone else did (and you have their permission), then forget about this remark, and continue on with what you were doing haha.

TQ
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=315949&page=2 read the last couple of posts by Me and Wudang_Clown, it should clear that up.

TaronQuinn's Avatar Semisalis

And now I know haha. Just wanted to be sure. Again, excellent work, and nice to see you're keeping busy.

I wish I had a suggestion or two to make, but I'm so caught up in my own work that I really can't think of anything needing improvement. Something will come to me, but for now, just keep an eye out for good ideas that DLV can use.

TQ

Renesans's Avatar Civis

kaiser1993, excellent mod. Whether In the future you plan to diversify some fractions with new units?

Theres a limit of 500 units, and DLV just scrapes that limit. I will whatsoever look into adding some units, the peasant units are a prime target.

Renesans's Avatar Civis

Default Re: kaiser1993's Improvement Mod 0.9 - NEW VERSION SOON, with a fully complete new Armenia

kaiser1993, with it mod at me the basic campaign has ceased to work. Additional works. At me BB 2.8

Default Re: kaiser1993's Improvement Mod 0.9 - NEW VERSION SOON, with a fully complete new Armenia

i'll release a fixed version either tonight, or tomorrow. Just have to make sure it is all working first

Default Re: kaiser1993's Improvement Mod - 29/10/10 NEW VERSION 1 RELEASED for BB2.8, with a completely new Armenia.

version 1 up, tested it last night. Should be bug free, but please report any if you find one.

Renesans's Avatar Civis

Default Re: kaiser1993's Improvement Mod - 29/10/10 NEW VERSION 1 RELEASED for BB2.8, with a completely new Armenia.

kaiser1993, with last version the basic campaign all the same does not work. Last record in log.txt:
    13:17:08.500 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/preferences/player.txt.
    Last edited by Renesans; October 30, 2010 at 05:31 AM.

is that with the new version?

Renesans's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser1993 View Post
    is that with the new version?
    Yes

send us ur log please, oh and have you started a new campaign?

Renesans's Avatar Civis

send us ur log please, oh and have you started a new campaign?
    Here mine log.txt. This error only one or at you all works for me normally?

the file that it says are missing arent on mine either, but mine works. Oh and what campaign isnt working, main, historical, or both?

Renesans's Avatar Civis

the file that it says are missing arent on mine either, but mine works. Oh and what campaign isnt working, main, historical, or both?
    Now both campaigns do not work
    Last edited by Renesans; October 30, 2010 at 08:39 AM.

what do you have installed. Have you got any other submod?

Renesans's Avatar Civis

what do you have installed. Have you got any other submod?
    Yes, I have still established this mod - More war horn sounds (34+) for DLV 6.***

well the only thing i can suggest until i get some feedback is to delete map.rwm and try the campaign. I dont know why it wont work on yours, worked on mine from a fresh install

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Looks like you've done some awesome work

Any chance this would work with Chansons de Geste?
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast