Thread: Serenity= awesome

Default Serenity= awesome

I just watched this movie on DVD, it's an awesome sci-fi movie. I have been craving for sci-fi movies and yet anything I saw in the past few years sucked. Including star wars.

This movie is really awesome, very original and highly entertaining. I can't beleive they cancelled this to be on as a tv series. To hell with them I say. They made a full movie out of it and more to come.

I highly recommend it to any sci-fi fans or people remotely interested for action movies. It has everything, the martial arts sequences are great, the script is good, acting is good.

see the preview here:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/

see the reviews here:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/serenity/

I agree with this one:
    can't believe I am saying this, but I think Serenity could be the new Star Wars."
    -- Willie Waffle, WAFFLEMOVIES.COM

ShangTang's Avatar Domesticus

Yes it is, getting the DVD tomorrow. And hopefully the boxset of season 1.

"AVDENTES FORTVNA JUVAT"

Templedog's Avatar Biarchus

yeah, I just downloaded the movie. Hope it's tight..I loved the series.

They got lucky and hijacked some airplanes. I could of done that drunk. War on terror is BS.

never saw the movie but the series was intense to the max plus three
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Indefinitely Banned

Pfft Archer, this belongs in the arts forum! :wink:

Moved.

Never saw the series when I saw the movie and I was amazed, its really a great sci fi movie and just had a fresh feel to it. Still think good scifi can make the absolutely greatest movies problem is crappy scifi is so horribly bad. Joss Whedon the guy behind it has a real impressive string of good projects from Buffy to Alien Resurrection (which I liked alot) to Titan AE.

Dont see any indication of a sequel though.

Lord Agelmar's Avatar Tiro

Yes, I saw this movie in theatres after i saw Waiting. Thought waiting was a disappointment, so i hopped into it. Was the best movie i had seen in awhile.
    "We've made the ferryman wait this long, lets make him wait a little longer."
    "The Legions will not fail you, do not fail them." Roma Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Templedog
    yeah, I just downloaded the movie. Hope it's tight..I loved the series.
    that is great (NOT), pirate shame on you. I like to support what I like so I buy what I like, to show my appriciation, I can't beleive that people can't even think of buying something, but jumping to download it, and then state it like it's a natural thing to do.

Pfft Archer, this belongs in the arts forum!

Moved.
    Arts? Hmmm, i never thought showing a movie link should belong to the art forum.

I got all my Firefly at once - I had never seen it before, a few days before Serenity's release, someone made me watch the first episode and I ended up seeing all the rest the same two days. God, I loved it immediately. Humor, excellent story and characterisation, and all these little things that make it so believable . . . like no sound in space (no air, no sound), people cursing in Chinese, signs in English and Chinese, guns still being mostly the same but more high-tech, and how "down to earth" the characters felt.

So of course I saw Serenity as soon as possible, and wasn't disappointed. In fact I was shaken and saddened by "a character" (no spoilers for people who haven't seen it) dying near the end. I've never been so shaken up about a character in a movie dying before.

It's sad that Serenity wasn't received better in the box office. I saw it twice, just to give Whedon a bit more money...

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Arts? Hmmm, i never thought showing a movie link should belong to the art forum.
    Well, I think it is intended to encompass literature, music, movies, television, art as in painting and so on, etc.

This thread made me immediately think of George Castanza (actually Frank, his dad!). :laughing:
    Faithfully under the patronage of the fallen yet rather amiable Octavian.

Smile! The better the energy you put in, the better the energy you will get out.

Templedog's Avatar Biarchus

lol serenity nOW!

I thought I heard something about a sequal like 4 months ago. Not sure whats going on with it.

They got lucky and hijacked some airplanes. I could of done that drunk. War on terror is BS.

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

I saw the preview a long time ago, thought it looked awesome. Then promptly forgot about it. I'll have to rent it tomorrow, I'll check out the series as well.

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Quote Originally Posted by Zuwxiv
    I saw the preview a long time ago, thought it looked awesome. Then promptly forgot about it. I'll have to rent it tomorrow, I'll check out the series as well.
    I strongly recommend you see the TV series first, it will make you appreciate the movie a whole lot more.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    that is great (NOT), pirate shame on you. I like to support what I like so I buy what I like, to show my appriciation, I can't beleive that people can't even think of buying something, but jumping to download it, and then state it like it's a natural thing to do.
    Really? This is your opinion? I like to support what I like, unfortunatley I have zero disposable income at the moment. I afford myself the luxury of broadband but every other spare penny goes into setting up a branch of my business. So I don't deny myself the luxury of the things I like and I don't feel guilty about it. I know one day I will more than spend more than my quota on consumer luxuries when I have disposable income.

BTW haven't seen serenity yet but I just finished watching firefly and thought it was excellent. I am absolutley devestated it will remain at one series, I hope Serenity answers a few questions; like just who the hell the preacher was!

Best sci-fi since babylon 5.

God Damn ABC or NBC or whoever it was who messed around the schedule times and got it cancelled.

PEter