Thread: [BI] Using existing factions for new factions

Default [BI] Using existing factions for new factions

Does anybody have experiences with creating new factions for BI? I would like to deactivate the rebellion of the roman rebels and design them to new factions. Perhaps it is already tried out by someone. I hope it works. Otherwise I have to take factions like the Burgundian or Lombardian which are not hardcoded with a particularly event trigger.

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

yeah, its doable, there is a guide for it at forums.totalwar.org/vb in the RTW modding scriptoium section.
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

There is an example with the Lombardi but that is not my question. I know that is possible with the regular factions and I know what is going on. But I wish to use the roman rebels for it and I assume there is a problem with the rebellion trigger.

/edit

I made a test.

1. I disabeld all trigger entries which are related with the roman rebel factions. (descr_sm_factions)

I started a new game to see what happen if any roman city have an unrest. Only the regular rebels appaer. Okay next.

2. I created a family tree for empire east rebels
    3. I gave them a province and created two armies for it.

I started a new game with berbers to see whether the game is playable in general. Okay, it works.

4. I made the empire east rebels playable

I started Rome BI and when I select the empire east rebel icon in the campaign menue ..... the game crashs !!!!

That is what I mean. You can't make the rebels payable and use them as a basic faction for creating a new one.

So, if there is any solution I would be happy.
    Last edited by Adorno; December 20, 2005 at 10:47 PM.

Good News!

I found the error for the crash in the faction selection menue. The misstake was quite easy. I forgot to add a faction description in the campaign_descriptions file and a faction map tga for the campaign folder. Now it works!

It is possible to play the Romano Rebells (without any script @ prof) and beyond that you can turn them to a new faction step by step. Even if that needs somewhat more time. But I will work on it and God wants it !!!

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Nice find mate, it's something we've not had time to experiament with much so far on IR.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

You have to remove the "shadowed_by" and "shadowing" clauses in descr_sm_factions.txt to remove the rebellion stuff.

So does this mean that the only hardcoded factions you cant chance to normal factions are Romano British and Ostrogoths,or can you chance them to normal factions aswell?

Dr Fox's Avatar Civis

you can change all the factions to normal just remove the entries in descr_sm_factions.txt and the entries in descr_strat give them a settlement, make sure no armies or other factions are in the settlement aswell remove the emergent faction thing in descr_strat add a campaign description and map and then you can play as all factions
    Rock!?!?!

Thank you very much for the information, Dr Fox!

also there is a mod that let you play as the emerging faction by letting the AI control all faction untill the one you chose to play as emerges, very nice mod and usefull for anyone who wanner make a mod with a ermeging faction but still have it playable :original:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...081#post694081

But it dosn't work with patch 1.6

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Keep in mind: If you want to remove the RB, you have to remove the "britain" hidden_resource from all regions in descr_regions.txt and if you want to remove the Slavs, you have to open descr_events.txt and remove their spawn event.

Dr Fox's Avatar Civis

yeh and then also for romano_british you have to remove and hidden_resource britain from the export_descr_buildings.txt file if you still want grall knights recruitable
    Rock!?!?!

Its all done. But the best thing is that the stupid Romano Rebell feature its over.

I think I got this right except

you can change all the factions to normal just remove the entries in descr_sm_factions.txt and the entries in descr_strat give them a settlement, make sure no armies or other factions are in the settlement aswell remove the emergent faction thing in descr_strat add a campaign description and map and then you can play as all factions

What does this mean?