Thread: mod tools announced(kind of) will darth now jump to NTW

Default mod tools announced(kind of) will darth now jump to NTW

to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

nOObKiLLa's Avatar Civis

Default Re: mod tools announced(kind of) will darth now jump to NTW

does this mean no DMUC 6.3.... ?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

how does DV criticising Sensei/CA an indication that he will be switiching to NTW

what part of his post said that

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

the beta testing is in progress and going well - it has no impact on 6.3
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

nOObKiLLa's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post

the beta testing is in progress and going well - it has no impact on 6.3
    Hows that Light Infantry firing arc going if the beta is going well?
    Any ETA on it's arrival?

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

No, but relatively soon.

Darth won't even THINK about doing anything with NTW until the tools are ACTUALLY OUT, so I think the OP is more than a little bit premature.
    Last edited by Tango12345; October 26, 2010 at 06:56 AM.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

At present CA is specifically committing to what sounds like a decent unit editor tool for Napoleon, to be released sometime during the first half of next year. However, CA also announced that it is going to do more than that to help mods and will provide more details "soon." That's undoubtedly the stuff Darth would be most interested in, but it's not clear right now what that will amount to. For example, CA mentioned earlier this month the idea of doing mod workshops but provided no details. So it's all still speculative.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Will we get a map-editor?
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

I would so buy NTW if some good mods get made

Even with more mods I'd think twice before buying Nap as it's quite boring to be honest from what I've played with friends. Who knows what could come with this in the future though.
    Last edited by Lachdanan; October 26, 2010 at 08:13 PM.

nOObKiLLa's Avatar Civis

Give CA a break. We, as the community have been flaming CA quite a lot quite recently. I think that we should be giving CA some help and support. I know we have been d*cked around by the AI and the apparent mod tools announcements here and there, but we all have to realise that CA isn't just going to stop on one game and make it that much better, they are always going to continue to expand and tap into other resources as they are a business after all, and let's be frank, businesses want money.
    However, they are delivering on over-due promises, and I for one am actually glad they are coming back to deliver mod-tools instead of spending all this time to rush out S2TW. I would rather be d*cked then have no mod-tools what-so-ever, or have some really crappy mod-tools which all I would do is to CA about. Resulting in adding more fuel that is the TW Community's hatred towards CA at the momnent.
    Let's put it like this, if we didn't have CA and the TW series, if CA hadn't made RTW and M2TW moddable would this forum for modding exist? Would we see people like Darth, Lusted (Who go recruited I think), Hip, Tango, Toon, KingKong and many many more show off THEIR skills and what they are able to do and add yet another dimension to this evolving game? The answer plain and simply is no.
    There are people in CA that care believe it or not, I like how they have their blog-spot and how they occasionally patrol these forums here. Other devs simply wouldn't and don't have the interest or the passion like some of the Creative TW team. I like how they post blogs, or posts on these forums - even though occasionally - to update us and for us to provide feedback. However, from what I have noticed, most of that feedback has been negative. The TW devs are human too believe it or not. Humans are animals and we thrive on social interaction and praise. Howabout giving constructive criticism in stead of just flaming the out of them next time? We may see them inhabiting our forums and blogs a bit more often. If you haven't noticed, all we do is whinge and complain, even if we get something quick and rubbish or we get something which has taken a while and is good. What are the devs supposed to do here? From their standpoint they think that all we do is whinge and , so why bother with what or how we do it anymore.

I look forward to seeing CA's new TW Titles and I hope that they can improve upon the errors they made with ETW as it is a gunpowder era, and they are going back to a melee era, so hopefully improvements can be made and I hope that beta testers know what they are talking about and have a sharp eye to pick out mistakes so that we will not have a repeat of ETW.

Those are just my 2 cents.

Regards,

If people didnt whinge and complain the world would be a very bad place.

There is a rumour around that Empire Total War Mod Tools will only be released by the use of a game code that will come with the purchase of Shogun 2

Quote Originally Posted by English Total War Gamer View Post
    There is a rumour around that Empire Total War Mod Tools will only be released by the use of a game code that will come with the purchase of Shogun 2
    Any refrences for that rumour?

He was joking...

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Moved to DM Miscellaneous

As much as i would love Darth Napoleon (at which point i would actually buy the game) but wouldnt it be better to skip napoleon and go straight to shogun 2?
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice and i set the hounds on you