Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: National Revolutions 1821-1848

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Icon12 Re: National Revolutions 1821-1848

Just a quick note in order to let you know that I've modified the front page by adding a "provisional" signature and mircea's description of the campaign. There are more to come during the week-end.

I also wanted to let you know about the 'ghost faction'.

As I had some time I tried today to give Moldavia to Ottomans and make the Moldavian army a 'Filliki Eteria', while being an emergent.

As such, the game doesn't crash at least during the first turns, so it is possible to some extent. However, they won't appear as a 'faction' on the map (so nothing in diplomacy), but as an army and the game crashes if you want to play as this faction (which makes sense, as they are emergent).

As I didn't have the time to have a more in-depth test, I don't know how they will act, but for the 2 or 3 turns I played they did not move at all. If you attack them you have no CTD, which is fine, but I'm not sure if they can actually do something. .

If you don't downgrade them to an emergent, the they can still be seen on the diplomacy screen, but once you touch the button representing their flag you'll have a CTD. So one has too choose . In anyways, I'll give it further testing next week.

Cheers,

S.

Default Re: National Revolutions 1821-1848

si oare cand va fi posibil sa jucam si ca Romania pe Empire Total War??

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Ardasabor View Post
    si oare cand va fi posibil sa jucam si ca Romania pe Empire Total War??
    Exista un mod, Romania Total War, pt ETW, dar e cu factiunea Moldova (modul e facut de un moldovean) si unitatile sunt copiate si supraapreciate. Ma rog, cel putin e ceva.
    [Col] RO Citizen

abia stept sa pot juca cu Valahia

numai ca nu ma pricep la calculator cu linkuri si downloadat sper sa gasesc pe careva sa ma ajute apoiu voi juca empire total war cu Valahia

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Hi guys, so I updated the frontpage with the last changes I've made in Wallachia's roster. We might consider it done for now. I also started the Moldavian faction roster and hopefully I'll post some units tomorrow. As holidays are approaching and I'm going to be away for a while I wanted to make a sum-up of where we are and things that should be done in near future.

1. Moldavian faction - should it depict Moldavia (i.e Mihai Sutu et comp.), or Moldavia in 1821 (that is under Filliki Eteria governorship, leaded by Ipsilanti) - as such - should it be represented as a Protectorate of the Ottomans or in war against them along with Greece?

2. For the first release which factions are we going to have except Wallachia and Moldavia? I propose either Serbia and Greece, either Greece and an Italian faction - for the Carbonari. In each case, Husserl, could we use the Greek roster from the Balkan.mod?

That's it for now.

Cheers,

S.

Of course you can use it and if you like add the little mod I have for orthodox churches and priests.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Of course you can use it and if you like add the little mod I have for orthodox churches and priests.
    Thank you, Husserl. And you did a great job with the religious buildings - +rep! (if I could...) . It will be really nice to have them in our mod. I hope I'll be able to put them in the mod soon.

Cheers,

S.

What about flags? Have you decided?

I've started working on missions:

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Icon14 Re: National Revolutions 1821-1848

@ HusserlTW : Beautiful ! Great work and again, I must spread some rep, before adding to yours . It is really perfect and big thanks.

So, the flags -

These are for the Romanian faction :

1) for diplomacy

2) for the army

And this is for Moldavia - both Army and diplomacy

I suppose by diplomacy you mean all the flags the faction uses (except army).

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    I suppose by diplomacy you mean all the flags the faction uses (except army).
    Right . My fault. I could have been more specific. I hope the flags are all right. Cheers.

Attached is the pack with flags which you can merge it with your pack. If you test it as it is, it's a movie pack so you do not need to add any mod command in user script.

Preview:

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Excellent flags! +rep for sure. Sotericus, quick question. Isn't the faction going to be called Wallachia? (In your post you mentioned Romania)

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Husserl, great job ! They look so cool ! I'll test everything next week end as for the time I'm away from my desktop computer.

@Wallachian The name of the faction will be Principality of Wallachia, and for Moldavia it will be Principality of Moldavia . I only used Romania because the game uses "Romania" as a name for the emergent faction in vanilla and all the files related to it are under this name .

Thanks, I've also PMed you the missions.

mircea's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Sotericus View Post
    Husserl, great job ! They look so cool ! I'll test everything next week end as for the time I'm away from my desktop computer.

@Wallachian The name of the faction will be Principality of Wallachia, and for Moldavia it will be Principality of Moldavia . I only used Romania because the game uses "Romania" as a name for the emergent faction in vanilla and all the files related to it are under this name .
    In think that we should use the contemporary name of the states: Prinţipatului Ţării Româneşti or Prinţipatului Valahiei and Prinţipatului Moldovei. Maybe, in further versions we could translate all faction names into their native language

Quote Originally Posted by Sotericus View Post

1. Moldavian faction - should it depict Moldavia (i.e Mihai Sutu et comp.), or Moldavia in 1821 (that is under Filliki Eteria governorship, leaded by Ipsilanti) - as such - should it be represented as a Protectorate of the Ottomans or in war against them along with Greece?

2. For the first release which factions are we going to have except Wallachia and Moldavia? I propose either Serbia and Greece, either Greece and an Italian faction - for the Carbonari. In each case, Husserl, could we use the Greek roster from the Balkan.mod?

S.
    Following the revolt from 1815-1817, Serbia stayed away from conflicts for a while, so Carbonari faction (controlling Naples), together with Greece would be more fitting.

In regard to Moldavia, for start, I think it would be easier to present Moldavia nominally led by Sutu or Mitropolit Veniamin Costache, but the factor governed by Filike Eteria, and in consequence in war against Ottomans. At the same time, Filike Eteria should be represented as unrecruitable units controlled by Moldavia and Wallachia. My two cents'

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think that Greece should also be portrayed as faction, allied with Moldavia and at war with the Turks.
    [Col] RO Citizen

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Happy Easter to all of you guys. I'm back now and ready for some testing.@ Mircea, I don't really get you with Filliki Eteria - if you suggest having it as an Moldavian Army (with their insignia and everything), but made of units that cannot be recruited later in the game - this can be done. However, a Filliki Eteria as a distinct faction will end in a CTD. A double controlled army is not possible either. I would go for another option now that we have the missions - a mission called Filliki Eteria - declare war on Ottomans and you get some special units which will be the Filliki Eteria .