Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: National Revolutions 1821-1848

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Default Re: National Revolutions 1821-1848

Guys, I have several news.

First the good ones. The Moldavian roster and Faction (ministers, etc.) is finished completely (it has been as such for a while). The Austrian roster is also done (I have added several new militia units, fortress battallions and left almost not modified the regular units, as they were pretty historically accurate). Serbian roster waits for just one last unit (the elite national guard). Greece waits for two units or so. I have also started to re-work the Ottomans.

Dealing with the overall campaign mechanics brought me to a CTD. So, on this front we'll be a bit stalled for a while, until I seem to know what goes wrong.

I will need your help with regards to several issues.
    First, I will need some Serbian names for : Infantry, Battalion, Grenadiers, Hussars, Cavalry and Cossacks (with latin transcription).
    Secondly, could someone do a bit of research on Serbian generals (or military leaders), Austrian Generals and Ottoman generals and post a 'brief' description of their main features (like, defender/attacker type, if available)? So that's it for today.

Austrian generals: Josef Radetzky von Radetz , Ludwig von Wohlegemuth , Eduard Clam-Gallas, Count Ferenc Gyulay , Julius Jacob von Hanynau, Franz Josef von Schlik

Ottoman generals: Halif Osman Pasha , Abdi Pasha ,Muhammad Najib Pasha , Ali Ridha Pasha ,Ibrahim Pasha (Egypt)
    Last edited by Count von Orlok; August 08, 2012 at 10:21 AM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Sotericus, this is fantastic news. Looking forward to see a preview of the Moldavian faction. With the Serbian info i believe DobroVece should be able to help. Did you receive my texts for the Serbian units ok?

Τhe austrian line infantry is quite different. In 1840 the "german" regiments wore blue trousers without gaiters and the "hungarian" regiments the same (as NTW) blue hungarian trousers. The same for grenadier regiments (german and hungarian too) and jagers (trousers without gaiters and same colour as NTW's jagers)
    Last edited by Count von Orlok; August 09, 2012 at 07:50 AM.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Thanks, Count von Orlok for both your generals info and for the uniform caveat. National Rev 2.0 will be set in 1821-1830 time span. The next version will go further through 19th century.
    Wallachian, I am uploading right now !!! Stay tune ! Of course I'll ask Dobro Vece.

Done !!!

Check the Original Post for the Principality of Moldavian Faction Preview.
    Last edited by Sotericus; August 09, 2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: avoiding double post

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Hey,
    This is in order to let you know that I have added some new content to the original post. Check out the new section "Visuals". Also I have already updated Moldavia (check at the Revolutionary factions section).

Bravo sir! Superb work!

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Thanks a lot Wallachian. Before too long I'll update the Greek roster, which is reworked.

Meanwhile, a small 'sign from the future'.

Saxon Line Infantry

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sir.Cojocarius's Avatar Civis

wow great to see you keeping up the work! Love the rework you've done to Wallachia and Moldova!! Thanks alot for updating the mod! +rep

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

This is a somewhat substantial update containing a part (I stress...a part) of the work done this summer. In my opinion the mod evolves, though not at the expected pace, partly because of my schedule, partly because of a continuous flow of ideas. However this is a sneak-peak which could give an idea where I am with my work.

I will start with mapping. Today I opened the 'Poland' site. I will definitely need help from Polish native speakers with regards to 'Congress Poland' offices and military structure. Meanwhile I am working on textures for this faction.

Poland Królestwo Polskie

Note that the 'Congress Poland' was formally and autonomous Kingdom in a personal Union with Russian Empire. I chose to represent it at this stage of the campaign (1821) as a Russian Protectorate.

Now, I will continue with some new units. Bear in mind that this are just a few samples.

Ottoman Empire

Djellis (Scout/Irregular Cavalry from Balkans)

Note: The unit involved some retexture work.

Ottoman Guards

Serbia

Grenadiers

Greece

Line Infantry variant
    Note the fez, whose mesh I have somewhat managed to reshape.

Some retextures (I let you guess the units)

...And yet some other retextures (pay attention to the belts and the shirts)

And finally a memento of a dramatic fight in the Moldavian Campaign

This is fantastic work yet again. I love the traditional shirts on those Moldavian troops!

Decanus

Icon7 Re: National Revolutions 1821-1848

Sotericus, i have just returned from my holidays, so for a long time i had not the possibilty of watching how your mod was being developed. I´m really happy (and astonished too) by the progress not only of your great mod, but your own as a texturer. Your units are beautiful (the shirts details, for instance, are exquisite). Go on my good friend with this hard work, you are great.
    I humbly gave you some Rep, so as to show you my gratitude.
    Last edited by lordargento; August 30, 2012 at 06:51 PM.

UnLimitedSD's Avatar Foederatus

I'm really interested in this mod, it looks great. Let me know if you need to know anything more about Serbia.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

@Wallachian Thank you. Always here . Glad to have your support.
    @lordargento Welcome back. And many thanks. Indeed, things are evolving, with patience, calm and a bit of luck . I haven't forget about those icons. Actually I have done some work which I'll post these days. If you are still willing to help, we could talk. And definitely we'll credit and appreciate your work.
    UnLimitedSD I would definitely need some infos on Serbia. Actually I would be more than grateful if you could tell me how you say in Serbian (with Latin transliteration) : 1. Line Infantry 2. National Guard 3. Light Infantry 4. Grenadiers 5. Cavalry 6. Artillery 7. Prince's Milos Cossacks Hussars 9. Battalion. 10. General Staff (or any other form of central military command the Serbian Army had between 1821 and 1848). These will be more or less the units I will have in the Serbian campaign. If you have some information on Serbian generals or military leaders (colonels, chief of irregulars, etc) from the period, or about ministers, poets, writers and 'public intellectuals', they are welcomed also. Also, any records about Serbian participation to any of the conflicts of the time (Wallachian uprising in 1821; the Bosnian uprisings in 1830s -1831 or 1832-; the Revolution of 1848 in Hungary and the Croatian intervention) will be more than welcome.

Generally, this kind of info would be really appreciated for most of the countries listed in the OP in either revolutionary or reactionary categories.
    Now, a few words on the advancements. I still have to give some last touches to the Serbian Faction. Greece is done. The Ottomans need a few more units and maybe some scripting in order to represent the Yeniceris discontent and the 1826 'New Army'. Austria is partly reworked, partly left the same for the 1821. I am now working on Poland. There is definitely much to do for Russia and France.

Starting on Monday for the next three weeks I'll be away, being again traveling a lot. I have decided to work most of the units for all the campaigns and when everything will be done, we'll have a 1821-1848 campaign, focused on Greek Independence war, Wallachian Uprising and Carboneria (+Triennio Liberal in Spain, but here we can talk if not a more focused campaign withe the Peninsula would be better). However, in the battle we'll have the units reworked for all relevant countries between 1821-1848. Then, I will release just new startpos fitted to the politics and dynamics of 1830 and 1848 (and maybe some addons).

Thanks once again to you all for your support. Keep in touch.

musktete's Avatar Foederatus

Icon14 Re: National Revolutions 1821-1848

Excellent work, great progress, I pull my hat in front of you Sir....Congratz!!!

~
    NIHIL SINE DEO ~

This is great. Love to hear this news. Good idea about having the units ready and then just having different startpos to depict the various points in time. I'm happy to help with texts as always. Hope to hear more news soon, enjoy your trip!

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Many thanks for your support and for your wishes guys. I'll be trying to mix pleasure to work during these trips. However, I'll check regularly TWC, but I won't be able to do any proper modding. So I thought to show you some other stuff. Again this will be rather long and heterogenous, but I hope it is worth taking a look.

1. Romanian retextures

1. Dorobanti (still a WIP)

2. Potecasi

3. Lancers of the 2nd Regiment (the most evolved for now)

2. Serbian (new and some retextures)

1. Militia (take a look at those legs)

2. Light Infantry

3. Guard

4. National Guard

Poland
    This part is a group of units from the November Uprising
    1. 16th Line Regiment

2. 1st Chasserurs Batallion (with the original Polish eagle)

3. 1st Rgt of Cav from the Kaliskie region

4. 2nd Rgt of Carbineers

Ok. That's it. A great week to you all.

Oh my, these units are great. Your skills are really growing in terms of unit making.

The Romanian Lancers are simply fantastic, love the details like the tri-colour sash around their waist, the cloth on their saddle. I'm guessing the Dorobanti are Dorobanti de Judet right? Since the late Dorobanti are the grey ones we know and love Also the Serbians are really cool, especially those irregular militias with the puffy pants.

It looks like Poland will have quite an extensive roster since the units you have shown are all unique units. So im guessing we will also have generic infantry and cavalry units for it too. About Poland im sure there's plenty of Polish speakers that are happy to help with information. Once you come back we can start contacting people around the forum.

As an idea im really hoping there is a way we can implement the Decembrist uprising in Russia. Perhaps as an army spawning in Moscow in 1825. It would help slow down the Russian expansion in the mod as Russia and Austria are quite aggressive.
    Last edited by Wallachian; September 03, 2012 at 06:01 AM.

Any news?

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Hi,

I am at the point of finishing a retexture overhaul affecting the Romanian factions. Soon I'll be done and I'll post some pics. Otherwise, the next step is to start working in parallel on France, Poland and Hungary. So infos on this issue is more than welcome. Additionally some texts are necessary and if someone is willing to help, I will provide you with the details. Wallachian do you have some time for it?